Author Topic: What's up guys! How's everyone!  (Read 4075 times)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
What's up guys! How's everyone!
« on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 03:19:17 »
I'm just gonna start typing.
What's up guys!

I just remember being quite a character on here, lets just say youthful angst.

Anyways, I'm just wondering who is going to respond. How's everyone been post pandemic life?

Anyone just have conversations anymore for the sake of conversation?
I'm not sure how to approach this lol.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: What's up guys! How's everyone!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 15:00:29 »
Welcome back :)

Sitting in the hospital for an hour today surrounded by seats alternately empty and filled with someone wearing a surgical mask I'm unwilling to speculate what post-pandemic life will be like, but I'm hoping when the time comes I wont have to put stuff in my eye five times a day!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 16:30:09 »

Sitting in the hospital for an hour today surrounded by seats alternately empty and filled with someone wearing a surgical mask I'm unwilling to speculate what post-pandemic life will be like, but I'm hoping when the time comes I wont have to put stuff in my eye five times a day!

But were there antivaxxers yelling at the staff ?

'Murica = Greatest.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 17:24:26 »
yo whats up appleonama

if you want conversation, here might not be the best place, sadly.

this forum's sadly been decaying for a while now, it's mostly a dumping ground for GBs and ICs now, with not many conversations happening. most of the keyboard community has transferred over to discord and reddit now - there are thankfully some great pockets of enthusiasm there, where all kinds of keyboard and non-keyboard conversations happen.

on another note, i've got a question. i bought an ice blue topre clack from you on ebay in 2016 for $504. was that a fake? i assumed it was real for years, but i heard there's a good chance i got fooled. i don't mean this as an attack, i'd just like an honest answer :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 18:12:01 »
Don't think we've ever crossed paths in the earlier days, but welcome back  :thumb:
poker II

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 18:49:32 »
yo whats up appleonama

this forum's sadly been decaying for a while now, it's mostly a dumping ground for GBs and ICs now, with not many conversations happening. most of the keyboard community has transferred over to discord and reddit now - there are thankfully some great pockets of enthusiasm there, where all kinds of keyboard and non-keyboard conversations happen.

on another note, i've got a question. i bought an ice blue topre clack from you on ebay in 2016 for $504. was that a fake? i assumed it was real for years, but i heard there's a good chance i got fooled. i don't mean this as an attack, i'd just like an honest answer :))

off topic is the main reason I keep coming back, and it's arguably better than ever (although it's probably 40% tp posts)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 19:21:01 »
yo whats up appleonama

off topic is the main reason I keep coming back, and it's arguably better than ever (although it's probably 40% tp posts)

90%+

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:00:33 »
Show Image

tp4tissue! I never knew you too well, but I'm happy that you alive and kicking!  Hopefully I'll try to be more involved and make conversations with you.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:07:22 »

Oh man warms me to see familiar names and people I probably interacted with.

I'm still stupid and my reading comprehension sucks.
However, I sincerely hope you are healthy and safe.

What's going on in the geek hack world now. Who is still around!

I'm just here to genuinely talk to people where ever whoever it may be.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:43:50 »
yo whats up appleonama

This is why I came back, for striking conversation like this and to accept the actions of my past. I don't wanna dance around about who I am and was.
I went through a lot in my personal life and I'm sure we all do and it's very difficult to talk about.
We forget that we are humans behind this text and avatar or at least I did.

I see that geek hack isn't the same place anymore - a lot for that matter isn't the same anymore.

I know this was a keyboard community and honestly I'm not into keyboard at all anymore.(as i type this on my hhkb with still a bunch of artisans on it.)
However, what I remember is that this was a really interesting community with all type of characters including yourself.
People creating and doing out of passion, you don't really see that anymore.
I know this isn't the best place to talk, but hey! Here you are!

And after all this text.
I'm really sorry Photekq, it is fake. I really don't know how come out and say it honestly, but this is my attempt.
Just know I was young and stupid, probably spent dozens of hours and different iterations trying to make it as perfect as possible.
That doesn't changes the fact that I took advantage of you, horrible effort justifying myself.

I don't know what else to say you can reach out to me through a pm if you'd like to discuss more. I'm open to do it here too.

I spent too much time thinking how to word my thoughts.  :-X

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:46:39 by appleonama »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:51:09 »
yo whats up appleonama

NoisyTurtle!
Oh man this resonates in me, make me remember how spicy things use to get in this forum.
I was just projecting and trauma dumping onto all of you.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 01:52:22 »
yo whats up appleonama

90%+

Show Image

100%

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 02:39:47 »
How do y'all manage to keep up with the excess amount of information out in the world. its such an overload.

I feel like I have brain damage I'm so overwhelmed just coming back on this forum like there is so much just browsing through.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 05:55:59 »
I was gonna post something but had my details wrong.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 January 2022, 05:58:26 by appleonama »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 08:36:18 »

People creating and doing out of passion

Most people are able to satisfy their longings and stockpile an adequate inventory of favorites and backups to see them through many years of future computing.

At this point, I don't think most of us expect to see anything more than incremental improvements to what is available now.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 12:25:57 »
I have no bloody idea how to incrementally improve my AEK any further :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 14:26:44 »

What makes you gravitate toward a keyboard like that?
Old school?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 14:59:56 »
This is why I came back, for striking conversation like this and to accept the actions of my past. I don't wanna dance around about who I am and was.
I went through a lot in my personal life and I'm sure we all do and it's very difficult to talk about.

I see that geek hack isn't the same place anymore - a lot for that matter isn't the same anymore.

I know this was a keyboard community and honestly I'm not into keyboard at all anymore.(as i type this on my hhkb with still a bunch of artisans on it.)
However, what I remember is that this was a really interesting community with all type of characters including yourself.

And after all this text.
I'm really sorry Photekq, it is fake. I really don't know how come out and say it honestly, but this is my attempt.
Just know I was young and stupid, probably spent dozens of hours and different iterations trying to make it as perfect as possible.
That doesn't changes the fact that I took advantage of you, horrible effort justifying myself.

I don't know what else to say you can reach out to me through a pm if you'd like to discuss more. I'm open to do it here too.

It's no worries man. I understand better than you might've guessed; you're not the only one who was young, stupid, and going through a lot back then.

I was an edgy little know-it-all **** during the majority of my activity here, and just like you: I regret the way I acted. I've been through a lot and changed more than I can describe; I'm not perfect by any means, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I was, and I try to continue to be better. I'm with you on all of that.

And for what it's worth, I can tell that you put dozens of hours and multiple iterations into this fake. I truly thought it was real for so many years; it's only in the past year that people brought up your name and the likelihood of it being a fake. It's now the only clack I still own, and I plan to keep it forever; it might be a fake, but I'm treating it as the real thing. I bought it thinking it was real, I paid for it as if it were real, I kept it thinking it was real, and while clickclack's hands may not have touched it - it's still a clickclack to me.

Thanks for being honest with me m8, everything's forgiven. Much love x

That said, there's one aspect of my life that hasn't changed much - I'm still perpetually running on a near-empty bank account. So if you ever fancy giving me that $504 back let me know /s
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:16:40 »

Most people are able to satisfy their longings and stockpile an adequate inventory of favorites and backups to see them through many years of future computing.

At this point, I don't think most of us expect to see anything more than incremental improvements to what is available now.

I guess you are right.
What I understand though the Chinese market saw a market opportunity and flooded the keyboard world.
I still see some nice board being made by people but it’s not like before.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:22:08 »
Wbwb to consooomhack long time no see  :cool:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:56:50 »

What makes you gravitate toward a keyboard like that?
Old school?
It's solidly built, has decent keycaps and Orange Alps (that I linearised).
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 22:59:19 »

I guess you are right.
What I understand though the Chinese market saw a market opportunity and flooded the keyboard world.

You're half right in my eyes

It's not only the Chinese market, but also the international markets. Custom keyboard as a hobby got much larger.
The GH community here is still the same, but there is influx of noobs coming in all the time

I asked around at my university and there were a few people starting out and learning

The number of nice boards is still the same, or maybe even increased, but there's no originality anymore. People aren't creative. They make the same thing over and over again. I don't know if it's for money or because they genuinely cannot think of anything new
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 08:52:49 »

The number of nice boards is still the same, or maybe even increased, but there's no originality anymore.

I think that in my decade + in the hobby that the community(ies) have seen a distinct forking between the "vintage" community and the "contemporary" community.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 10:30:45 »
lmao

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 09:11:21 »
lmao

thats it nothing more entertaining than a lmao? and i thought i was a *****
dawg how are you still into this ****?

anyways was writing a post analyzing the scamming and behaviors but it was too pedantic and pages long.

i'll still share it but i have to reword it. don't have the time of day like before

lets see what i spark

« Last Edit: Tue, 01 February 2022, 12:12:45 by appleonama »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 09:25:16 »
also bee ima kick your ass
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 February 2022, 09:56:17 by appleonama »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 09:30:50 »

I guess you are right.

You're half right in my eyes

It's not only the Chinese market, but also the international markets. Custom keyboard as a hobby got much larger.
The GH community here is still the same, but there is influx of noobs coming in all the time

I asked around at my university and there were a few people starting out and learning

The number of nice boards is still the same, or maybe even increased, but there's no originality anymore. People aren't creative. They make the same thing over and over again. I don't know if it's for money or because they genuinely cannot think of anything new
not half right but this is how it played out you if know what I'm insinuating
i just simplified by using chinese as an example

1.Market expands
2.exposure
3.rinse and repeat

there was this asian dude i hung out with before and i noticed he was expanding his business by bringing investors into keyboard meets and i wonder how many different or similar situations happened like this which is what led to this market blowing up

that's once reason i left. it wasn't a niche anymore
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 February 2022, 08:43:59 by appleonama »

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 06:54:06 »
I'm just gonna start typing... What's up guys!

Wow—we can actually use keyboards for something other than talking about keyboards! I never thought of that.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 07:39:52 »
I guess it is time to re-post this again, I try to do it at least once every couple of years:

Quote from: Anonymous Coward circa 2011:

I feel ashamed when I see a grown up man say things like "…. a sharp drop at the actuation point at around 2/3 - 3/4 way down the ...."

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than yammering away on the minute details of a keyboard? I have both an M and an F that I picked up at goodwill for nothing 15 years ago and for the first time yesterday I googled about them and found 'enthusiast' (here an euphemism for retarded) websites where idiots bounce off the walls telling each other about the orgasms per second they have when using them.
And 'using' is an overstatement with 90% of those morons. Most are busy opening them, cleaning the last atom of dirt off them, 'restoring' what doesn't need any restoration, 'upgrading', thinking of names for them, 'modding', taking photos, showing them off, in general jerking off about the clicky sensations and the superb accuracy of their typing and other general uber-dorkiness. What I never found there was anything useful to do with them, ie. actually program a computer.

Go type 'messenger lectures' in youtube and see what smart people look like, then kill yourself disassembling your One True Keyboard (TM) for the nth time and swallowing all the buckling springs.

And then mail one of your remaining model Fs to me.

Offline iri

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 11:54:54 »
What if I search 'messenger lectures' in Youtube and see myself?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 15:32:31 »
yo whats up appleonama

And after all this text.

lol
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.