Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stealth | Group buy is live + GIVEAWAY | Dec 16th - Jan 16th  (Read 128943 times)

Offline santela

Re: [IC] GMK Stealth | going live on December 16th! | Kitting fixed
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 21:29:49 »
This doesn't concern me personally since I'm getting the blackout kit anyways, but having only the orange esc and enter is strange to say the least. This basically forces people to buy the blackout kit if they don't want the orange accent.

Also the blackout kit still has the extra tab that's repetitive to the base kit.

This is probably my favorite set design-wise, but least favorite kitting-wise.

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 22:17:24 »
I'm fine with buying the blackout kit if I was using something other than 40% keyboard.
As a 40% user, there aren't even blackout mods to go with.

Orange being a key color is fine. It's the character of this kit. The base kit should have those as default.
I'm just wanting a kit that includes blackout 40% Esc and Enter.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 22:40:33 »
Also the blackout kit still has the extra tab that's repetitive to the base kit.

It's not repetitive. The idea behind having an extra Tab key in an alternative alt alphas kit (which is what the Blackout kit is) is that it allows you to cover two full keyboards (your regular one + an additional 60% or 65%) if you buy base + alt alphas. That way you get more out of what you paid for, and there are less “wasted” keys.

Why Tab? Because all of the other keys (Backspaces, Shifts, Enters, spacebars etc.) are already present in the base kit in multiple variants. For example, you get two 2.25u Shifts, two Backspaces (one 2u, one 1.5u), two spacebars (one 6.25c, one 7c), many bottom row keys, etc. — it's just the Tab key (and, in this particular case, Esc and Enter as well) that needs another copy to be included in the alphas kit.

Offline zxer

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 03:56:49 »
It's not repetitive. The idea behind having an extra Tab key in an alternative alt alphas kit (which is what the Blackout kit is) is that it allows you to cover two full keyboards (your regular one + an additional 60% or 65%) if you buy base + alt alphas. That way you get more out of what you paid for, and there are less “wasted” keys.

Why Tab? Because all of the other keys (Backspaces, Shifts, Enters, spacebars etc.) are already present in the base kit in multiple variants. For example, you get two 2.25u Shifts, two Backspaces (one 2u, one 1.5u), two spacebars (one 6.25c, one 7c), many bottom row keys, etc. — it's just the Tab key (and, in this particular case, Esc and Enter as well) that needs another copy to be included in the alphas kit.

Is this a common use case - to try and populate two keyboards from one keycap group buy? I expect the majority will be buying the blackout kit only to put together a full blackout set.

@FaKe_VirTual - take a look at kitting in GMK Minimal and how well it sold - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107868

There was mention previously about this set being 'just another GMK Dark' without the orange accents. While I agree that having some extra colour to differentiate from other sets can be a good thing, I also think the colorways here are a whole lot better than GMK Dark.  Going by replies and view counts on this thread, and the short time the thread has been open, I think it is pretty clear there is going to be a lot of interest in this set. I think this makes it even more important to get kitting right here to maximise options and be as inclusive as possible. Look at the GMK Minimal example above - it covered a lot of use cases and sold extremely well.

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 03:58:28 by zxer »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 06:36:24 »

I think it is pretty clear there is going to be a lot of interest in this set. I think this makes it even more important to get kitting right here to maximise options and be as inclusive as possible. Look at the GMK Minimal example above - it covered a lot of use cases and sold extremely well.

Well said.  This set sort of demands to be well kitted because it is so good.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline iamtienng

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:35:23 »
I'm not so interested in the base kit but the spacebar kit and deskmat burned me

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:42:57 »
Is this a common use case - to try and populate two keyboards from one keycap group buy?

Yes.

@FaKe_VirTual - take a look at kitting in GMK Minimal and how well it sold - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107868

It's worth noting that the kit that contained ISO-UK keys (Addition) sold quite poorly in both GMK Minimal 2 and GMK MoDo 2, with just 10.5% and 6.8% of base kit sales, respectively. Mind you, this is without extras, so organic sales only.
To put things into a bit more perspective, the 40s kits (Obscure), which usually have a lot of trouble hitting MOQ in GMK GBs — in fact, just this past month we've seen four sets that have had to cancel their 40s kits mid-GB due to poor sales — sold around twice as much as the Addition kit in both cases. So your suggesting Minimal-like kitting for this set doesn't really go in favor of you looking to score ISO-UK keys.

Offline zxer

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:52:38 »
It's worth noting that the kit that contained ISO-UK keys (Addition) sold quite poorly in both GMK Minimal 2 and GMK MoDo 2, with just 10.5% and 6.8% of base kit sales, respectively. Mind you, this is without extras, so organic sales only.
To put things into a bit more perspective, the 40s kits (Obscure), which usually have a lot of trouble hitting MOQ in GMK GBs — in fact, just this past month we've seen four sets that have had to cancel their 40s kits mid-GB due to poor sales — sold around twice as much as the Addition kit in both cases. So your suggesting Minimal-like kitting for this set doesn't really go in favor of you looking to score ISO-UK keys.

Perhaps I'm missing something - the addition kit for Minimal 2 went past 200% min order quantity. I'd be more than happy with that! So on the contrary - I think it is a perfect example for ISO UK. Norde went 180% of MOQ also.

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:58:48 »

Perhaps I'm missing something - the addition kit for Minimal 2 went past 200% min order quantity. I'd be more than happy with that! So on the contrary - I think it is a perfect example for ISO UK. Norde went 180% of MOQ also.

You have to keep in mind that the example you've sent was the R2 of Minimal. People who joined on the first round of it, which already had a lot of sales, did get those smaller child kits in addition to their existing set ( I'm not saying that this was mainly the case, just that this did also pushed the sales of those up ).

I'm considering those smaller kits, like an additions kit with ISO-UK, for a potential second round of GMK Stealth. With the first round I'm trying to cover the basic needs within a reasonable price.

Offline Auracity

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:01:45 »
Would have liked to see a CR 6u in spacebar kit, but it's probably too late now

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:05:10 »

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that a version of this set with Minimal-like kitting were to run and reach its base kit MOQ of 250 units. Heck, let's make that 500 for good measure. That still puts the Addition kit at around 34–52 units sold — well under its MOQ. You see where I'm going with this?

There is an inherent risk involved with running a GB. You aren't guaranteed that your set is going to sell well, no matter how much hype there is during the IC phase. There are many examples of this, both past and very recent.
Since it's usually the vendors who have to take on that risk, it's one of your jobs as a runner to plan ahead and try not to put your vendors in an uncomfortable position.

Edit:
You have to keep in mind that the example you've sent was the R2 of Minimal. People who joined on the first round of it, which already had a lot of sales, did get those smaller child kits in addition to their existing set ( I'm not saying that this was mainly the case, just that this did also pushed the sales of those up ).

I'm considering those smaller kits, like an additions kit with ISO-UK, for a potential second round of GMK Stealth. With the first round I'm trying to cover the basic needs within a reasonable price.
Also this. I'm pretty sure us R1 owners of Minimal and MoDo are the only ones who bought those Addition kits, lol. The stats sure make it seem that way, at least.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:20:58 by konstantin »

Offline zxer

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:07:14 »

Thanks for replying :)

I may wait for round two then, or buy now and hope for round two to have suitable kitting for ISO blackout colours.

This is only opinion based, I've no experience running a group buy - but I think you have a bit of wiggle room here as you can expect high sales.

Offline zxer

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 10:11:29 »
Also this. I'm pretty sure us R1 owners of Minimal and MoDo are the only ones who bought those Addition kits, lol.

Yeah makes sense. I'm sure they would have sold well first time too though no?

Is there a down side to attempting to include a set like the additions set in round one?

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 04:22:22 »
I will drain my wallet on this one with all the nice collab items.
Aesthetics are top-notch.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 04:25:58 »

6u is nonstandard and pretty much never included in GMK sets.
Only some prebuilt keyboards like Razer use that spacebar size.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 06:40:07 »

6u is nonstandard and pretty much never included in GMK sets.
Only some prebuilt keyboards like Razer use that spacebar size.

Not exactly. While 6c is rarely included in GMK base kits nowadays, it's almost always included in the spacebars kit if a set has one (and most sets these days do). Also, this size is useful for a number of custom 60%, 660 and 1800/CP boards, as well as being the original spacebar size used on 1800 boards.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 06:42:17 by konstantin »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 20:44:23 »
Yo the title says "kitting fixed" but I'm still seeing the base kit with no regular colored Escape and Enter keys. Is this the crossroads where we say farewell?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 20:49:44 »
To be clear, I and many people don't need more GMK sets. But simple aesthetic like this can go on every board. You drew me back, with sheer design. This will be popular. Popular beyond the specific vision of a newer keyset designer. Not saying you owe people anything, but it would be in your best interest financialy to be more inclusive of peoples preferences, simply by including the typical keys present in base kits, such as a regular mod colored Escape and Enter key. Please consider being more flexible with your vision by giving us the bare minimum of what is to be expected (ie: proper colored/sized keys in the base kit) and leave creative vision to accents/novelties kits. 

edit: and I do see the normal colored keys in the Blackout kit, but I'm not going to assume you did that on purpose to force people to but the blackout kit, because that would be really ****ty. How to fix this dilemma? MOVE THE MOD COLORED ESCAPE AND ENTER FROM BLACKOUT TO THE BASE KIT WHERE THEY BELONG
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:43:31 by lakeboredom »

Offline Techichi

« Reply #268 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:22:13 »
Not saying you owe people anything, but....

MOVE THE MOD COLORED ESCAPE AND ENTER FROM BLACKOUT TO THE BASE KIT WHERE THEY BELONG

this made me chuckle.

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:28:21 »
This looks cool.

Offline maximize

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:28:58 »
To be clear, I and many people don't need more GMK sets. But simple aesthetic like this can go on every board. You drew me back, with sheer design. This will be popular. Popular beyond the specific vision of a newer keyset designer. Not saying you owe people anything, but it would be in your best interest financialy to be more inclusive of peoples preferences, simply by including the typical keys present in base kits, such as a regular mod colored Escape and Enter key. Please consider being more flexible with your vision by giving us the bare minimum of what is to be expected (ie: proper colored/sized keys in the base kit) and leave creative vision to accents/novelties kits. 

edit: and I do see the normal colored keys in the Blackout kit, but I'm not going to assume you did that on purpose to force people to but the blackout kit, because that would be really ****ty. How to fix this dilemma? MOVE THE MOD COLORED ESCAPE AND ENTER FROM BLACKOUT TO THE BASE KIT WHERE THEY BELONG (like every other keyset that has ever run alternate alphas has done since the beginning of time.)

Yo, maybe keycap designers would take your suggestions more seriously if you weren't so aggressive and repetitive. This post is pretty rude.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:34:00 by maximize »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #271 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:41:14 »

edit: and I do see the normal colored keys in the Blackout kit, but I'm not going to assume you did that on purpose to force people to but the blackout kit, because that would be really ****ty. How to fix this dilemma? MOVE THE MOD COLORED ESCAPE AND ENTER FROM BLACKOUT TO THE BASE KIT WHERE THEY BELONG (like every other keyset that has ever run alternate alphas has done since the beginning of time.)

Yo, maybe keycap designers would take your suggestions more seriously if you weren't so aggressive and repetitive. Your posts here and on Muted 2 have been pretty rude.
Maybe you're being sensitive? I don't expect a designer to reply to me ever, and I'm more than happy to aggressively say things that many others are thinking but failing to see enacted. I'll take your criticism though and try to be more aware of my tone/rudeness. I mean, we could be friends and you'll learn very fas that I am direct and opinionated. Do you want me to just act like everyone else does here and filter my language so I don't offend anyone's sheltered sensibilities? I prefer a little variety and spice. Others have the sensible act down pretty well. I'll be a little louder just for fun.

Offline maximize

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:18:33 »

Yo, maybe keycap designers would take your suggestions more seriously if you weren't so aggressive and repetitive. This post is pretty rude.
Maybe you're being sensitive? I don't expect a designer to reply to me ever, and I'm more than happy to aggressively say things that many others are thinking but failing to see enacted. I'll take your criticism though and try to be more aware of my tone/rudeness. I mean, we could be friends and you'll learn very fas that I am direct and opinionated. Do you want me to just act like everyone else does here and filter my language so I don't offend anyone's sheltered sensibilities? I prefer a little variety and spice. Others have the sensible act down pretty well. I'll be a little louder just for fun.

Listen, this has nothing to do with me, and I have nothing against you personally as I do not know you. But I would call out a close friend for saying the same. You're just being objectively rude, and I doubt any GB runner will feel like replying or taking your input when you "yell" at them in all caps. All there is to that.

The kitting was updated, and Virtual did not make the changes you requested, so it's clearly not in the vision for this set. Furthermore, the very experienced and analytical konstantin appears to have helped extensively with the kitting, and they apparently didn't think unaccented Esc and Enter were necessary. In konstantin we trust. If you really want those keys, skip a few takeout meals and buy the Blackout kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:34:24 by maximize »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:49:56 »

Listen, this has nothing to do with me, and I have nothing against you personally as I do not know you. But I would call out a close friend for saying the same. You're just being objectively rude, and I doubt any GB runner will feel like replying or taking your input when you "yell" at them in all caps. All there is to that.

"I disagree for such and such reason, and think so because this and this"
Would have been a lot more proactive than whatever you are doing. A single line of jokingly belligerent capitalized text does not offend me. And I'll say again, I'm not going to tone it down and act like everyone else so you can feel secure in your opinions about keycaps. I'd love to discuss keycaps with you, like AT ALL. Otherwise I'm done talking with you.

edit, I give up lol. The more I think about it, you are literally mad because i hit caps lock. grow up.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:53:13 by lakeboredom »

Offline aidan.smith

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:26:27 »
This set legit looks so good! I am so excited!

Offline zxer

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 04:51:57 »

Would have been a lot more proactive than whatever you are doing. A single line of jokingly belligerent capitalized text does not offend me. And I'll say again, I'm not going to tone it down and act like everyone else so you can feel secure in your opinions about keycaps. I'd love to discuss keycaps with you, like AT ALL. Otherwise I'm done talking with you.

edit, I give up lol. The more I think about it, you are literally mad because i hit caps lock. grow up.

The only bit I think that could be taken as potentially going a bit far is that you've implied that the OP is attempting to force people to buy the blackout set (and so benefitting financially), if they are picky about the orange accent. While that is factually correct, I don't expect that is the intention. Your recommendation to move the affected keys from blackout to main set is actually a reasonable idea I think.

I agree that it looks like this set is going to be a popular one. As such I think there is room for a bit of relaxation in terms of trying to be overly restrictive and focussing too much on keeping base cost down. I think folks will pay an extra $20 or whatever regardless just because they will want this set. I realise that is just opinion based. However view counts on this thread and number of replies is high considering the short time the thread has been open. I see a lot of chatter in discords and reddit about the set too.

I think FaKe_VirTual can reasonably be quite confident that there is going to be above average (possibly considerably so) numbers of buyers.

I am still wondering what the down side of offering the likes of the 'addition set' that GMK Minimal R2 and Olivia etc. Worst case it doesn't meet MOQ and things proceed as normal without the sets that don't meet MOQ.

I'm fairly new to this hobby and have only followed a few group buys over the last year or so. I think though that the period of time this set has been in interest check phase is actually quite short compared to the norm - am I right here?

I don't see any need to rush the process - also Dec / Jan for a group buy would seem to logically not be the best months as folks will have other things they need to spend disposable income on. Just a thought and putting it out there. There may also be positive reasons for picking Dec/Jan that I'm not aware of.

Thanks FaKe_VirTual for all the work you've put in on this set - it is clear that a lot of effort has gone in already. Don't rush it through to GB phase though unless you are 100% happy with the direction things are going.

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 06:59:33 »
I thought when it said "kitting fixed" it meant that there would be more keys... maybe even a real base kit!  I guess I was wrong...

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:05:07 »
Just adding my voice to the discussion: I will be skipping this set, the mandatory orange highlights are garish to me and as a NorDe user, I would have no use for the blackout kit except for two keys, which is makes them a ridiculous purchase from both a financial and a resource perspective. Not complaining, just letting you know. When the focus of this set is firm on having these keys except when it is fully blacked out, then I suppose it is just not for me. :)
Best
Johannes

Offline maximize

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:27:00 »

I discussed the state of the kitting in my previous post, but it looks like you purposefully excluded the quote in your reply. Kitting was updated by competent people. Not what you like? Get over it. Also, not sure how else to explain to you that I'm not offended and simply pointing out that your response can be perceived as a straight-faced, rude response (esp. since the rest of your post was serious). Glad you're done ****ting on Virtual's awesome IC.
Good luck, Virtual, and I will certainly be joining this one.  :thumb:

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:48:47 »

I discussed the state of the kitting in my previous post, but it looks like you purposefully excluded the quote in your reply. Kitting was updated by competent people. Not what you like? Get over it. Also, not sure how else to explain to you that I'm not offended and simply pointing out that your response can be perceived as a straight-faced, rude response (esp. since the rest of your post was serious). Glad you're done ****ting on Virtual's awesome IC.
Good luck, Virtual, and I will certainly be joining this one.  :thumb:
I would have loved to stop talking to you like 3 comments ago but you're literally just making **** up at point I'm not ****ting on the thread AT ALL by asking him and stating the reasons I think we need those keys. STOP BEING A BABY

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline -janitor-

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 15:04:10 »
I would have liked there to be a blackout base kit as well as the regular base kit to avoid having to buy two different sets for essentially one keyboard.

So until we know the pricing, I'm not sure if Ill be able to jump on this one as of yet. Would require a lot of different sets to get the look I'd want with a whole host of extra keys I wouldn't use.

That being said, the work and the execution is very very good and I don't doubt you will get a lot of orders. Good luck!

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 17:41:17 »

The only bit I think that could be taken as potentially going a bit far is that you've implied that the OP is attempting to force people to buy the blackout set (and so benefitting financially), if they are picky about the orange accent. While that is factually correct, I don't expect that is the intention. Your recommendation to move the affected keys from blackout to main set is actually a reasonable idea I think.

Yeah I was basically feigning that as a joke in the hopes OP would realize no one is going to buy blackout for two keys. I think it will turn more people away from the entire set, than it will add $$ to the GB. In fact, I would bet my left kidney that fixing the kits as discussed would result in MORE sales.

Offline zxer

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 20:25:51 »

Yeah I was basically feigning that as a joke in the hopes OP would realize no one is going to buy blackout for two keys. I think it will turn more people away from the entire set, than it will add $$ to the GB. In fact, I would bet my left kidney that fixing the kits as discussed would result in MORE sales.

Fair enough :)

I agree rethinking the kits is probably a good idea.

Offline mymeepo

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 16:20:23 »
I hope it's not too late to say this: Please add the black ISO key to the NORDE kit. Then everyone buying base and NORDE will have the option to go without the orange accents.

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 17:37:31 »
Such a clean set, super excited for it!

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
Re: [IC] GMK Stealth | going live on December 16th! | Pricing announced
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 12:55:42 »

Pricing has been published.

Prototypist has been added to the vendors list.

Two more days until GMK Stealth is about to take off.

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 13:11:27 »
Cables will be available from vendors or will they be only available directly from makers? They are not listed on the pricing list.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 13:12:41 »
So someone needs to spend 172$ USD to be able to run the simple 75% kit that you're advertising as the first photo in this IC? Sorry - but that's ridiculous.

I hope this kit sells well for you, but I will no longer be joining it.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 13:14:04 »

Pricing has been published.

Prototypist has been added to the vendors list.

Two more days until GMK Stealth is about to take off.

110 euros for that minimal base kit, no ISO no numpad :confused:  Gmk thinkcap base has more keys and cost 107..... :( MOQ at minimum?

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 13:23:14 »
Cables will be available from vendors or will they be only available directly from makers? They are not listed on the pricing list.

Cables will be available through the makers themselves.

So someone needs to spend 172$ USD to be able to run the simple 75% kit that you're advertising as the first photo in this IC? Sorry - but that's ridiculous.

I hope this kit sells well for you, but I will no longer be joining it.

This is quiet normal considering that you are talking about the set with it's alternate Alphas.

110 euros for that minimal base kit, no ISO no numpad :confused:  Gmk thinkcap base has more keys and cost 107..... :( MOQ at minimum?

This set is mainly using custom colors and not being runned by the biggest vendors in the hobby. The pricing we're currently offering is as competitive as it gets.

Offline andtar2

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 14:08:24 »
Still no dark Esc and Enter back in base/norde? Will that be ever fixed?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 14:21:53 »
Not this run.

Offline mymeepo

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 14:22:24 »

For me that is literally the difference if I'll put 180€ into this or not. When you're spending this much on keycaps the kitting should be good. Please fix @ Virtual. It's ONE key.

Offline zxer

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 14:27:22 »

For me that is literally the difference if I'll put 180€ into this or not. When you're spending this much on keycaps the kitting should be good. Please fix @ Virtual. It's ONE key.

This single change to kitting is a no brainer - I see no reason not to do it.

Like I mentioned already - it's worth taking time to get kitting right.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 15:24:39 »
Is the base kit price on CandyKeys correct?

Every other kit has a 1-1 dollar to euro conversion except the base kit which is $100 to 110 EUR.

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 15:33:08 »
Is the base kit price on CandyKeys correct?

Every other kit has a 1-1 dollar to euro conversion except the base kit which is $100 to 110 EUR.

Yes, you have to consider that EU prices are with 19% VAT.

Offline actress

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 15:47:18 »
67 euro for a single artisan lmfao. I love the look of it but come on... absolutely ridicilous pricing by Rama

Offline maximize

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:05:28 »
67 euro for a single artisan lmfao. I love the look of it but come on... absolutely ridicilous pricing by Rama

Did you read the literally-immediately-prior comment about VAT? Lmao
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:07:59 by maximize »

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 22:54:27 »
Very reminiscent of GMK Exent and GMK Doom, but getting all the things the others hadn't at the time! I had just ran into the set in search of black keycaps with dark fonts- though it was quite some time ago with frankly a pretty small and low-compatibility kit, it uses the exact same base, text and visually almost the same orange accent as well!
Thought it was pretty neat comparing the two- and figured it was inevitable when using GMK's plastic colours for sets to use the same colourways
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 22:57:16 by CrlaoSvloadr »

Offline mrvco

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 23:12:41 »
Oof.  The base kit is so close.  I'm not ready to say no yet, but +$72 for an Escape and Return key is a tough sell (for me at least).