geekhack Community > Keyboards

What are products that you regret buying?

(1/13) > >>

Indigu:
Are there any certain products that filled you with excitement but you wished to receive your money back after purchasing them?

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
My womier k66 and 4 custom deskmats that are stuck in limbo shipping

Riverman:
My biggest regrets are a WASD Code keyboard with MX Clears and a Cherry MX Board 6.0.  They both had so much potential, but the Code keyboard's stabilizers were ridiculously rattly and the MX Board was let down by only being available with red switches.  At least those two gave me of an idea of what I didn't want in a keyboard.

Rubbermilitia:
There are plenty of products which I realized I didn't want/need upon receiving, but none which I regret purchasing. Each product I didn't end up keeping taught me something new about the hobby, or about my personal preferences.

Teachable moments:
- stainless steel plate for orange alps board. Couldn't stand the rigidity or the ping for more than an hour.
- same thing but with brass plate. Sound was better than steel, but still too dense/rigid for my comfort.
- a large TKL was my first custom. Looked like a behemoth on my desk. Learned quickly that I liked smaller boards.
- a super hyped custom 65% board. Bought into the hype, typing feel was supposed to be amazing, factory was supposed to be incredible, etc. In reality, GB runner was a jerk, case had ano imperfections and machine scratches, brass plate finishing had imperfections, there was a huge gap between the case and weight, and there were reports of case screws stripping. I no longer buy into hype.
- a GB that failed miserably because the runner had no experience and took on way too many units. I now research gb runners before joining.
- silenced switches. I dont like the reduced travel or uncrisp bottom out.

And probably a lot more. But yeah, dont regret purchases, just learn from them. Fail upward lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Indigu:

--- Quote from: Rubbermilitia on Mon, 17 May 2021, 11:46:26 ---There are plenty of products which I realized I didn't want/need upon receiving, but none which I regret purchasing. Each product I didn't end up keeping taught me something new about the hobby, or about my personal preferences.

Teachable moments:
- stainless steel plate for orange alps board. Couldn't stand the rigidity or the ping for more than an hour.
- same thing but with brass plate. Sound was better than steel, but still too dense/rigid for my comfort.
- a large TKL was my first custom. Looked like a behemoth on my desk. Learned quickly that I liked smaller boards.
- a super hyped custom 65% board. Bought into the hype, typing feel was supposed to be amazing, factory was supposed to be incredible, etc. In reality, GB runner was a jerk, case had ano imperfections and machine scratches, brass plate finishing had imperfections, there was a huge gap between the case and weight, and there were reports of case screws stripping. I no longer buy into hype.
- a GB that failed miserably because the runner had no experience and took on way too many units. I now research gb runners before joining.
- silenced switches. I dont like the reduced travel or uncrisp bottom out.

And probably a lot more. But yeah, dont regret purchases, just learn from them. Fail upward lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

That seems like a good philosophy. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version