Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 907320 times)

Offline byakuya

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:27:28 »
Happy May 5th everyone! Looking forward to our promised update with pictures today, since the promised weekly updates have yet to happen.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 15:50:03 »
Almost 5pm est..

Offline byakuya

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 18:36:42 »
Almost 5pm PST now...

Offline crosscutgymnast

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 18:48:29 »
waiting
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:19:08 by crosscutgymnast »

Offline ksus

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:56:14 »
Starting at 9:44PM PST, he posted a handful of photos that show little to nothing.

The main photograph is a comparison of what he purports to be a Rukia R2 manufactured overseas vs. the ones produced "in-house.'

In the photos, there are only 3 keyboards and 11 boxes. Shipping is supposed to start next week, and we have yet to receive proof that any more than 3 keyboards exist.

Time to get a lawyer.

Offline byakuya

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:04:13 »
Yeah definitely not satisfied by that update. That's basically only 3 boards made "in-house" and the pictures are pretty low quality. All the CNC pictures are pointless because you can't see anything at all. It basically proves nothing except being able to take pictures of a CNC machine doing who know's what. For 2 weeks of planning this update, seems pretty low quality. Also no PCBs yet and shipping supposed to be starting in ~5 days, I have many doubts.

Time to call my credit card company...

Offline thanatic

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:12:57 »
K update did arrive. It is something. I was hoping to see a picture of all the boards in 1 pic. *meditate*

Offline byakuya

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:22:34 »
Yeah even if there weren't many made in house now, if boards were ordered from overseas, shouldn't we have seen ~150 of them?

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:10:27 »
"They are being refinished". NGL its better then nothing but this still feels like itll end up being a rug pull.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:22:06 »
How about next time you all understand there's risk involved with all GBs and don't join? By doing chargebacks you're only causing problems for the rest of us who actually believe this will get done.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:50:41 »
How about next time you all understand there's risk involved with all GBs and don't join? By doing chargebacks you're only causing problems for the rest of us who actually believe this will get done.

You're not wrong about inherent risks in group buys, but at some point the consumer becomes frustrated with lack of updates and just utter silence from Jaxxstatic. I would wager that if there had been a regular update schedule (even if there was no real news to report) throughout the last year, it would have calmed a lot of the uncertainty and animosity that's floating around with this GB right now.

Jaxx says he is trying to get time weekly to provide updates on progress, which is great and necessary for the "health" of this group buy, his reputation, as well as his planned future projects (Irma, etc). If photos can't be shared in a regular weekly interval, figure  out an interval that can and stop hiding behind the SCIF excuse -- no one in the group buy asked the entire manufacturing process to be placed in a secure government facility that does not allow photos and it should not be a burden that's placed on the customer.

With the time in-between photo updates, post text-based updates here and in Discord.

This community is understanding when given the information needed to understand. If nothing is provided then conclusions will be jumped to and in the grand scheme of this hobby, it hurts all of us.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:59:54 »
Agreed that communication should’ve been better and could still be improved. However, doing a chargeback now after we’ve literally gotten a good update and photos is unwarranted. He has a reason why there are so few photos. Give him some time, and do your chargebacks if/when we have radio silence again.

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:49:47 »
I have 0 vested interest in this board as I am not a part of the GB, however, some things that have been said throughout the previous updates make so very little sense to me.

For the recent update, I think people were lead to believe it would be a bit more substantial than what was provided. With a 2 week lead time for this, it probably shouldn't have had to wait until 10pm or whatever it was on the day that was said. The "at least we got something" is a good when there were more than likely no expectations set. But with what appears to have been some expectations set ("we expected the 150 boat boards", "we expected more than 3 in-house boards", etc), stating that you did not meet your own expectations for the update feels like it warrants an explanation as to why. All of the good buys I have been a part of have always had setbacks and delays, but what made them feel good was the runner accepting things they ****ed up and giving a reason for it. I assume this is the hard part and more than likely something you don't want to admit to yourself. Is that the case here? No clue, but the only times I've seen a explanation of "why" was due to someone else.

My understanding of the group buy was that boards were never meant to be made in-house by Jaxxstatic. People joined the buy with the understanding that a factory was going to be producing them and they would be sent back to Jaxx and then sent out to everyone. An order was made and the boards were sent mistakenly (again pushing blame onto another party) by a boat with no potential ETA. This is fine if it's a true mistake. You can say "I didn't follow up with them enough and they just chose the cheaper option". People will probably be a little annoyed, but there will more than likely not be a huge backlash. Instead coming in and saying that since they were on a boat you were going to start up a workshop and get all the hardware and tooling and knowledge to machine these yourself just seems ****ing crazy to me. There are huge startup costs to anything like this. Unless you already have a large workshop, it doesn't make sense at all to me, to swap the method for the current GB to something else. Was this done on a whim by Jaxx? Was anyone in the GB polled or asked about it? Not sure, again not part of the buy. Maybe everyone said to do it. Also have no idea where the funding for that comes from, unless it's from the GB funding. None of this has mentioned that the 150 boards (PC, alu tops, cf plates) were only part of a first batch. There were around 500 total boards ordered (500 buys or maybe 500 with extras). Was the plan to get 150 out first and then wait for the rest of the 350? Has there been anything said about the original order of 500? Were only 150 ordered with the original manu? Was it always the plan to make the other 350 or whatever in-house? Why wouldn't the other 350 boards been put into the manu's pipeline so they could also be done while the boat is on the way?

The boards on that boat arrived and apparently all of them were damaged to the point that they all needed to be re-finished, or the majority did, no photos or info about this. The reason for this was something along the lines of a customs agent opened the boxes or crates with a box cutter or something? Not sure, that seems silly. Lets have a hypothetical. Jaxx didn't decide to machine all of these boards in-house. He was just patiently waiting for the boat to arrive. He gets the 150 boards and they are all damaged. He has no way to refinish what he can along with make new ones to replace the ones that can't be fixed. Where was the plan for this? I think in any GB it's expected that at least some boards show up a bit damaged and we have taken to ordered extras to make up for that. Were extras ordered? I don't even know as that's never been part of the updates.

I've never run a GB. I've never been a part of the behind the scenes. I have made mistakes. I have tried to cover up those mistakes. I have learned that doing so is just a bad idea and being honest is the best course of action. The updates that I've seen do not feel fully honest. I know I have seen talk of people hoping this whole GB fails and that is a ****ty ****ing thing to want to happen. If we were able to have a new States-side manufacturer that has been deep in the hobby for a while, I think that would help everyone who enjoys this hobby. I think what people are looking for is a plan forward. If you cannot provide that, I do not see anyone really putting trust into the business that many would want to succeed.

That's all. A nice long stream of consciousness that people can tear into. And hopefully Jaxx reads and takes something away from.
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 12:27:30 »

I'm not part of this GB so I don't have a dog in the race, but joining a GB isn't the same as buying a lotto ticket.

The GB runner is taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from customers and the only thing the customers have is trust. Often times, we don't even have a name; just an internet handle. The GB participants have fulfilled their obligation by providing financial support. The GB runner's obligation is to maintain that trust and fulfill the GB.

If he cannot be bothered to put in minimal effort to maintain that trust, then he has a problem on his hands.

This hobby has moved far beyond the original GBs of yesteryears where it was just a guy who wanted to run a board (probably for nominal profit or sometimes even at a loss) and the purpose of the GB was to finance the board that the GB runner wanted. Jaxx is running a for-profit business and, as such, should be treated as a business-owner.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 May 2021, 12:30:21 by DukeEsquire »

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:12:42 »
Hello,

I'll try and make this a timeline-type format to make things a little bit clearer.

3/14/20 - announcement in Discord that a Round 2 of Rukia going to happen. I mention setting up my own manufacturing, but it's not ready yet. Rukia will be manufactured overseas for the last time. 
3/21/20 - Rukia Group Buy starts with no announcement or advertising due to emerging COVID situation--main concern being that customers' livelihoods and health are unsure.
Polycarbonate (PC) and Special Edition (SE) versions go on sale on the site. SE is stainless steel/carbon fiber version 30 units FCFS.
3/23/20 - A green dyed limited edition (LE) version of Rukia becomes available through a special Discord event involving trivia and scavenger hunt.
5/3/20 - The GB ends (a couple people with extenuating circumstances request to purchase a few days after).
Totals:
SE (30) + LE (10) + PC (310) + ~30% =500
I take one week re-checking individual orders to make sure parts orders number totals are correct.
5/11/20 - Order made to manufacturer. Expected delivery to me is August/September.
5/15/20 - notice about refunds
5/22/20 - notice about possible delays with Gondolindrim's work on PCBs due to COVID situation in Brazil among other issues.
7/7/20 - first SE attempt by manu unsatisfactory
8/5/20 - update on delays and progress - aluminum top anodizing, PC dye for LE, and SE bottom samples asked to be redone
8/16/20 - announcement about moving to completely in-house manufacturing
9/22/20 - Gondo finishes PCB
9/30/20 - announcement about request for batch samples from factory--confirms need for boards to be redone. Shooting for before Christmas.
10/31/20 - announcement about knobs
11/1/20 - update regarding moving into production facility and separate warehouse and inspections
11/13/20 - notice from manu that boards are ready to ship, so I put out an update stating that shipping expected in January, giving me enough time to QC and also do hand finishing on SE
12/5/20 - announcement about dates slipping and shipment being on a boat
12/12/20 - announcement about not being satisfied with waiting on shipment, so doing what I need to do (getting materials) to manufacture in house. hope for february
12/30/20 - first in-house Rukias successfully made. Finish needs to be worked on. This takes a while
1/12/20 - no update kind of update. just waiting and working. This incites a toxic back and forth in the server. I shut it down for a little bit so people can stop insulting each other.
2/16/20 - update consolidated by Rain - still waiting
3/12/20 - announcement about having paid the customs fee and being notified by customs that there was an undisclosed number of boards damaged
4/19/20 - lockdown the server - more toxicity and back and forth
4/23/20 - update confirming that I got a window on may 5th
5/3/20 - pics

This is obviously VERY abbreviated, but I've tried to be communicative and open throughout. I should have done it in a better, more organized, and more regular way, though, and not just in Discord chat.
From the beginning, this round of Rukias was just an aim to continue to establish myself in the community and give people what they wanted in terms of an Alice layout/compatible keyboard.
I quit my job at the hospital in December of 2019 and decided to go forward putting everything into Mint Autumn as a business. My wife and I are still administrators for my mother-in-law's care home for the elderly, but that is not a reliable source of income.
For much of 2020, my wife continued working as a nurse, but every few weeks or more, she would get exposed, and we would have to find a way to self-quarantine her from the kids, her mother, and our patients.
So she quit and decided to help watch the kids while I work.
Rukia round 2 was not priced with enough overhead to even pay myself or fund future projects. It was intended to be a "farewell" project to PC, but also it would make the SE and LE into reality, which were underpriced compared to what they cost to produce.
In-house manufacturing has always been funded by small business loans. Injection molding was always the goal--a more sane pricepoint for consumers with a more efficient production process but using a material that would give a high end feel and sound compared to what is currently available.

I have had issues with manufacturers making mistakes or not fulfilling on product expectations or missing deadlines, and there hasn't been much that I could do before except eat the losses and figure out a workaround that still gets the customers their boards.
But this time around, I got a lawyer involved to try and recoup some of those losses. That has restricted what I can say-especially about the botched boat shipment and it's frustrating.
But that doesn't excuse being silent on delays or issues. I will fix that and give out as much info as I can from now on.
I also took contract work to pay operational costs (not setup costs)-- the bulk of that is equipment leases, building leases, electricity, and material costs.
That has also limited what I can show, since they share space and use the same machines.

Letting overly enthusiastic random support messages be the majority of what filled the main source of information for the group buy made finding actual useful information difficult and almost impossible to find.
I appreciate the support, but conversations would then polarize into those seeming to pander vs those seeming to attack, and it was useless for everyone. I should have killed the "I love Rukia" trend as soon as it started.
More than that, though:

I should have been more organized, more thorough, and more regular with updates.
I am sorry. I will do better.

I should have used all the available methods of reaching out to customers: Geekhack, Discord, Reddit, email,...Keebtalk? with these regular updates.
I really am sorry.
I will do better for you.

I appreciate everyone's patience and trust in me. It's not something I take as a given.
I am doing everything I can to deliver these to you and fix what needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:15:57 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:27:00 »
Incase if people are curious about the photos, I'll send it here with summaries of what Jaxx said on Discord.

So each kit will come with nylon and steel hex screws. He recommends nylon screws as they are softer and fits tighter without worrying about stripping the threads. If you accidentally overtighten the screws, they stretch a little and then reform back.

Left is the manu, right is made by him. He said it took a lot longer to figure out how he can get the same frosted finish as the R1.

Some weights were damaged along with the cases. He can fix the weight that has patina due to the moisture and how it's been sitting around.

What he can't fix is the scuffs that are deep. Sandblasting and spot buffing doesn't work.

His end mills in the block of UHMW he used to use as a desk.

His machine.

These are the boxes for Rukia. It's large enough to fit both the kit and extra top case (for those who ordered aluminum top). It'll be taped on the bottom front edge that will say "Cut here".

Last thing he said, he hopes that the PCBs arrive this week so that the kits are ready and then ship out the first wave of Rukias.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:37:07 by Aritega »

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:31:14 »
Hello,

I'll try and make this a timeline-type format to make things a little bit clearer.

3/14/20 - announcement in Discord that a Round 2 of Rukia going to happen. I mention setting up my own manufacturing, but it's not ready yet. Rukia will be manufactured overseas for the last time. 
3/21/20 - Rukia Group Buy starts with no announcement or advertising due to emerging COVID situation--main concern being that customers' livelihoods and health are unsure.
Polycarbonate (PC) and Special Edition (SE) versions go on sale on the site. SE is stainless steel/carbon fiber version 30 units FCFS.
3/23/20 - A green dyed limited edition (LE) version of Rukia becomes available through a special Discord event involving trivia and scavenger hunt.
5/3/20 - The GB ends (a couple people with extenuating circumstances request to purchase a few days after).
Totals:
SE (30) + LE (10) + PC (310) + ~30% =500
I take one week re-checking individual orders to make sure parts orders number totals are correct.
5/11/20 - Order made to manufacturer. Expected delivery to me is August/September.
5/15/20 - notice about refunds
5/22/20 - notice about possible delays with Gondolindrim's work on PCBs due to COVID situation in Brazil among other issues.
7/7/20 - first SE attempt by manu unsatisfactory
8/5/20 - update on delays and progress - aluminum top anodizing, PC dye for LE, and SE bottom samples asked to be redone
8/16/20 - announcement about moving to completely in-house manufacturing
9/22/20 - Gondo finishes PCB
9/30/20 - announcement about request for batch samples from factory--confirms need for boards to be redone. Shooting for before Christmas.
10/31/20 - announcement about knobs
11/1/20 - update regarding moving into production facility and separate warehouse and inspections
11/13/20 - notice from manu that boards are ready to ship, so I put out an update stating that shipping expected in January, giving me enough time to QC and also do hand finishing on SE
12/5/20 - announcement about dates slipping and shipment being on a boat
12/12/20 - announcement about not being satisfied with waiting on shipment, so doing what I need to do (getting materials) to manufacture in house. hope for february
12/30/20 - first in-house Rukias successfully made. Finish needs to be worked on. This takes a while
1/12/20 - no update kind of update. just waiting and working. This incites a toxic back and forth in the server. I shut it down for a little bit so people can stop insulting each other.
2/16/20 - update consolidated by Rain - still waiting
3/12/20 - announcement about having paid the customs fee and being notified by customs that there was an undisclosed number of boards damaged
4/19/20 - lockdown the server - more toxicity and back and forth
4/23/20 - update confirming that I got a window on may 5th
5/3/20 - pics

This is obviously VERY abbreviated, but I've tried to be communicative and open throughout. I should have done it in a better, more organized, and more regular way, though, and not just in Discord chat.
From the beginning, this round of Rukias was just an aim to continue to establish myself in the community and give people what they wanted in terms of an Alice layout/compatible keyboard.
I quit my job at the hospital in December of 2019 and decided to go forward putting everything into Mint Autumn as a business. My wife and I are still administrators for my mother-in-law's care home for the elderly, but that is not a reliable source of income.
For much of 2020, my wife continued working as a nurse, but every few weeks or more, she would get exposed, and we would have to find a way to self-quarantine her from the kids, her mother, and our patients.
So she quit and decided to help watch the kids while I work.
Rukia round 2 was not priced with enough overhead to even pay myself or fund future projects. It was intended to be a "farewell" project to PC, but also it would make the SE and LE into reality, which were underpriced compared to what they cost to produce.
In-house manufacturing has always been funded by small business loans. Injection molding was always the goal--a more sane pricepoint for consumers with a more efficient production process but using a material that would give a high end feel and sound compared to what is currently available.

I have had issues with manufacturers making mistakes or not fulfilling on product expectations or missing deadlines, and there hasn't been much that I could do before except eat the losses and figure out a workaround that still gets the customers their boards.
But this time around, I got a lawyer involved to try and recoup some of those losses. That has restricted what I can say-especially about the botched boat shipment and it's frustrating.
But that doesn't excuse being silent on delays or issues. I will fix that and give out as much info as I can from now on.
I also took contract work to pay operational costs (not setup costs)-- the bulk of that is equipment leases, building leases, electricity, and material costs.
That has also limited what I can show, since they share space and use the same machines.

Letting overly enthusiastic random support messages be the majority of what filled the main source of information for the group buy made finding actual useful information difficult and almost impossible to find.
I appreciate the support, but conversations would then polarize into those seeming to pander vs those seeming to attack, and it was useless for everyone. I should have killed the "I love Rukia" trend as soon as it started.
More than that, though:

I should have been more organized, more thorough, and more regular with updates.
I am sorry. I will do better.

I should have used all the available methods of reaching out to customers: Geekhack, Discord, Reddit, email,...Keebtalk? with these regular updates.
I really am sorry.
I will do better for you.

I appreciate everyone's patience and trust in me. It's not something I take as a given.
I am doing everything I can to deliver these to you and fix what needs to be fixed.

Not sure if my thoughts helped at all, but if they did, I at least appreciate this thought out response to a lot of the points I think I saw a lot of people dwelling on. From the outside it would look like you were stringing people along by just leaving off large chunks of information, but since you are dealing with legal proceedings for some of it, it makes a lot more sense. Those are the why's I think I was hitting on and glad that you can at least give some bit of information about it. Is it an update everyone wants? Probably not, but I think it's the one some people needed to hear from you and really do appreciate the time you took to type it all out.
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 16:22:28 »
Just when you think it cant get anymore fishy -- *Pulls legal proceedings out of ass*

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 16:39:24 »
Just when you think it cant get anymore fishy -- *Pulls legal proceedings out of ass*
He gave a timeline breakdown, what more are you looking for at this point other than to display your distrust/frustration with Jaxx to the world? Obviously it will be difficult, but if his claims of doing better to convey as much as he can hold true then what more is there to complain about other than the continued wait?

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 17:02:27 »
He gave a timeline breakdown, what more are you looking for at this point other than to display your distrust/frustration with Jaxx to the world? Obviously it will be difficult, but if his claims of doing better to convey as much as he can hold true then what more is there to complain about other than the continued wait?

Lol just saw some of his post history and all he does is complain about every GB. Obviously he is entitled and not made for this hobby. Ignoring him.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 17:14:02 »
Pretty clear the overseas boards never existed at all. But sure you all can believe he cant show how "damaged" they are because he got a lawyer involved. Its interesting that he chose not disclose that during the update either he just dreamt it up overnight it seems.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 19:21:13 »
Would appreciate it if the next update could have some pictures of the aluminum tops. Thank you in advance.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 16:34:32 »
You win some you lose some this is looking like a L

Offline thanatic

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 16:52:28 »
I happen to hop in on discord and saw there was a new short update about beginning shipping 5/24. Just FYI

Offline Diamagisk

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:13:54 »
Pretty sure before the last message in the discord updates channel was edited, some form of update was supposed to come today, guess that's not happening now...

Offline ksus

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:23:22 »
can confirm he edited the original message.

screenshot here of original message vs. edited one.

it's like he's trolling at this point.
[268287-0268289-1
[[

Offline byakuya

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:28:02 »
Yep was just going to post the screenshot too. Another missed deadline.

Offline ksus

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:33:21 »
Like why edit the message? Just say hey sorry everyone, expected an updated today, can't really get to it. Will get to it tomorrow (or whenever he has time).

Editing the message just makes you look like you want to hide it.

@Jaxx you've said countless times you're going to try and be "better." How is this better?

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:35:48 »
Lol now there's a riot because you didn't get an update 3 days after the last update. Ya'll gotta calm down

Offline ksus

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:41:26 »
I don't care that we didn't get an update. I care that Jaxx continues to miss his own deadlines and commitments, and shows no signs of improving.

Offline byakuya

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:47:16 »
Lol now there's a riot because you didn't get an update 3 days after the last update. Ya'll gotta calm down

It is exactly as ksus and many others have mentioned before, it is not the fact that there hasn't been an update in 3 days, but the fact that Jaxx constantly promises things that he does not deliver. Even updates which can be less than 5 minutes of time, he can't even follow through with. How are we supposed to continue to trust him in a Groupbuy where all we have is his word?

« Last Edit: Thu, 13 May 2021, 22:49:00 by byakuya »

Offline olsen34

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 23:27:02 »

How are you this dense?

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 23:31:10 »

How are you this dense?
I’m as dense as you are entitled.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 01:53:30 »
I have nothing to do with this group buy but if you run a group buy and have a geekhack thread you should post updates here as well and not just in Discord, I see it happening a lot recently with everyone making their own.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:27:03 »
schrodinger's rukia

it either exists, or it doesn't

you cannot look inside the SCIF so you cannot confirm one or the other

shipment may or may not occur at any time from now until the end of the universe
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:29:20 by hineybush »

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:45:07 »
I guess in the end I got $450 worth of laughs from this, a board at some point would just be a bonus.

Offline Cuttooth

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:55:43 »
I can't presume to know there isn't a personal emergency and I hate putting individuals on blast, but given some recent interaction and what I can only perceive as being ghosted, I'm just more disappointed than anything in all of this.

Edit: This has since been resolved. I wish the best of luck to others here and hope people get their boards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 May 2021, 14:02:17 by Cuttooth »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:59:14 »
I can't presume to know there isn't a personal emergency and I hate putting individuals on blast, but given some recent interaction and what I can only perceive as being ghosted, I'm just more disappointed than anything in all of this.

if that's the case, then why not be up front about it? embarrassment sure, but even then it's better to be honest and admit that something is wrong, or you made a mistake or something than to just toss smoke everywhere

Offline Diamagisk

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 12:08:23 »
With 5 days to go and not a single word or warning to update your shipping address or anything, it's a given nothing is happening on the 24th.

I wonder if we'll get another + 2 weeks.

After promising to do better, how could you not even stick to an update on Thursday. At the time when trust in you and the project is supposed to be critical, the very next step is editing out a message, not following up and acting as if it never existed...

I hate to be confrontational or anything of the kind but, could you please just honestly answer if we'll ever get the boards? The people who want to chargeback will chargeback whether it's now or later, so for those of us holding out hope to get the board and still have some modicum of hope invested... I'd just really like to know.

Thanks.

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 12:19:02 »
I would like to ask some questions that I think would help put people's minds at ease and maybe put timelines into perspective. With the last update saying the more realistic date to start shipping is May 24th, how many units would you say are projected to ship out? Are you able to provide us with what the production rate is? Of the boards produced, any estimate of how many are passing QC as we know PC can be a pain. Are you planning on shipping in waves or just one big batch? I really feel there is plenty of information that is not increadibly specific that would ease a lot of the tension that people in the buy are feeling.

I totally understand that you want to get this board produced and in people's hands more than anyone else, but as someone in the buy I really feel like we aren't getting a straight answer with whats going on.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 13:22:41 »
Just looking for a simple update every week even if the update is "no update" as promised. Otherwise... I dunno..

Offline babij

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 16:00:07 »
I would like to ask some questions that I think would help put people's minds at ease and maybe put timelines into perspective. With the last update saying the more realistic date to start shipping is May 24th, how many units would you say are projected to ship out? Are you able to provide us with what the production rate is? Of the boards produced, any estimate of how many are passing QC as we know PC can be a pain. Are you planning on shipping in waves or just one big batch? I really feel there is plenty of information that is not increadibly specific that would ease a lot of the tension that people in the buy are feeling.

I totally understand that you want to get this board produced and in people's hands more than anyone else, but as someone in the buy I really feel like we aren't getting a straight answer with whats going on.

I think these are very important questions for Jaxx to provide specific, concrete answers for. Specifically, concrete answers that he doesn't change a week later.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 10:02:35 »
Mini Update:
*More realistic timeline:
Shipping tentatively (hopefully) will start May 24th.

Status?
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 11:35:50 »
My theory is Jaxx got screwed by his manufacturer and is trying to fix it by using a CNC machine during off-hours at work which is why there is so much secrecy.

Offline dottt

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 11:51:48 »
made an account just to talk here since the discord is still locked down.
It feels like theres about a 1% chance the post office receives a Rukia box today. A lot of people have put together lists of great questions that would help with the current state of affairs. I'm hoping that we get a respectful update instead of "mini update: 2 more weeks"

Offline themedia

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 12:43:22 »
As someone mentioned earlier, Jaxx hasn't confirmed shipping addresses yet either. Don't think we are seeing these boards for a while ):
 Praying for a detailed update today

Offline T.Rex

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 17:40:02 »
Now that GMK Dracula is past color matching will this become the new Dracula?

Offline dottt

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 21:10:52 »
Now that GMK Dracula is past color matching will this become the new Dracula?

Dracula at least got regular updates  :))

Offline thanatic

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 21:40:13 »
My theory is Jaxx got screwed by his manufacturer and is trying to fix it by using a CNC machine during off-hours at work which is why there is so much secrecy.

Could be. Did not know he worked for CNC manufacture company? I thought in his updates that he borrowed money to start production I assumed he bought a machine with those borrowed funds., Who knows.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 22:08:23 »
Hmmm yall got any extras by chance?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)