geekhack Community > Keyboards

Anyone have info about this board?

(1/3) > >>

SweGZzzz:
Hey guys, first post here. Hope this is in the right place.

I was looking around online at various vintage keyboards as I want to start collecting them, and stumbled across this thing

Its a Pro Key 124, and with the 10-ish minutes I spent researching, I can't find a single thing about it.
Anyone here got a clue?

CbR4:
Looking here, it looks like it's a keyboard from 1995 by a company called Maxi Switch. The company seems to have been on-sold and now defunct. Can't find any images to confirm this, but the description seems to match closely.

Really interesting layout, especially the programmable keys around the navigation cluster. Looks like a pretty sweet find! Where did this come from?

Edit: It also seems really similar to the Gateway AnyKey which was made by Gateway 2000. The Wiki page references Maxi Switch there too, so maybe this was a competitor to the Gateway AnyKey?

Edit Two: Apologies, looks like Maxi Switch may have been the OEM and Gateway 2000 used their own branding. Check out this YouTube video that I just found on the Gateway Anykey. It might give you some clarity on your keyboard.

Suds:
Found this: https://www.electronicproducts.com/fully-programmable-keyboard-has-124-keys/#

Looks like it's one made by Maxi Switch that Deskthority doesn't have listed in it's wiki. You should post this over there. What kind of switches does it have?

Edit: Feh. No points for coming in second.

SweGZzzz:
Thanks for the replies you two! Definitely seems about right.

I actually found this while sifting through FB Marketplace.
I would pick this up, but unfortunately I'm in Canada and the seller is in the US (Don't even know how I found it in the first place, thought FB Marketplace was only local. Just remembered I didn't turn off my VPN. Oops)

Took a look at the seller again, and they have another one listed that is BNIB and it is branded as a Maxi Switch. Only thing missing seems to be the Pro Key badge.

After seeing that there is almost no info on this thing, I'm tempted package forwarding service just to get it over here...
Also, I'd love to link both items here, but I don't know if that's against the "B/S/T only in the Marketplace" rule. I'm sure I can DM it, though, if someones wants one of these.

CbR4:
If you do decide to get yourself one of these shipped over, please give us an update. The YouTube video I linked seems really interesting and I would love to hear your take on it too because it seems like they're mostly forgotten. Interesting that the second one of these is labelled as the "Maxi-Pro II". I wonder what changed between the models.

I think shipping from the US to Australia might be a bit much for something like this, but thanks for the thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version