geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Phantom Custom Keyboard -- Assembly Service

(1/6) > >>

alaricljs:
In order to keep the Phantom order thread a little cleaner, I'm opening this separate thread in order to provide assembly services.  I am willing to provide this service because I enjoy soldering, not in order to make money.  The time involved is worth more than the prices I am charging.

Terms:

You provide all parts and pay for all shipping fees.  For shipping estimates I am located in CT USA, 06483.  I will consider switch re-assembly (ie: ergo clears) if you provide all parts and a bribe.  If you want me to put your keycaps on you must provide a clear image/picture of the layout.  I don't do blank keycap sorting.

I provide assembly/soldering/testing service and all supplies required (ie: solder, flux, ...) for a fixed fee.  I can also grease the stabilizers with white lithium, please REQUEST this or it won't get done.  My validation testing consists of point to point continuity testing.  

I can provide stabilizer wire bending to spec, I have the proper sized die to make consistent bends in this size wire.

If you provide a compiled firmware I will load it to the controller.  I will inform you if there are issues loading it and you are responsible for dealing with it.  I will inform you as to whether standard layout key-testing works (ie: letters/numbers, no funky layer testing) before shipping.

I provide priority service for a fixed fee, if a priority slot is not purchased I will not artificially delay any assemblies later on the list.  Priority service is limited to a fixed quantity.  Upon completion of assembly and testing an email/PM will be sent to you with validation results.  It is up to you to respond in a timely manner so that I can then ship the unit(s) to you.  If there is no firmware involved you can request immediate shipping up front.

Priority service: (time to completion and notification of such, or immediate ship at your request)
$120 - 3 slots - Priority 1:  3 business days after receipt
$80  -  5 slots - Priority 2:  5 business days after receipt
$50  -  7 slots - Priority 3:  7 business days after receipt

$20  -  Non-priority, first come first serve (in order of finalized request via PM/email and acceptance of payment responsibilities).

$5  - Putting keycaps on the board.

My house is smoke free.  Update:  (no longer, she's deceased after 18yrs: I have 1 cat and she doesn't jump on my desk)  Current: 2 kittens, 8 weeks old, painfully cute and in training as desk/lap cats.  They have been on my lap for over 4 hours today.  Cat hair is at a minimum and I will blow off your keyboard during packing (and not with my mouth).

I hope I covered everything, feel free to ask for clarification.  I will not be posting a list of who bought what, just a list of who has accepted the above terms.

New additions:
If you are having me put together an 87-key standard board (no Cherry footprints) then please order a minimum 7" stabilizer for the space bar (STAB700).  Feel free to get the larger STAB1000 if you choose.  This will allow me the extra length to ensure a proper re-size.

SHIPPING UPDATE:  Use my username (alaricljs) as your mailing address when you update your order with shipping info.

List o peeps:
demik
tsangan
retox
trax
malapardis

demik:
Definitely interested in this, I just need to find the switches and diodes first.

I wonder if there will a group buy for those for phanthom buyers.

tsangan:
I want to get myself in line for the "Non-priority, first come first serve"

Time to look for switches and other stuff required, since I have no prior knowledge in this, what else besides the PCB, Plate, Teensey, Casing, switches are needed

Also if we purchase a keyboard for donor switches, can we just send you the entire keyboard for that? Or do we have to provide the switches by themselves

keyboardlover:
Definitely interested.

alaricljs:
Updated first post with stabilizer requirements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version