geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

[Old] Keepers of the Faith Mission Statement - GH Wiki

<< < (28/28)

CPTBadAss:
I was always an advocate of updating the DT Wiki to have a "real Wiki" and then having a Wiki entry like what JD has which is more based on making guides. Like how to do a bolt mod for Model Ms.

nubbinator:
I think CPTBadAss better states what I'm trying to say JD.  A collection of guides like that is all fine and good, but a wiki with guides is better.  In the article, you can point to other threads, but also have a how-to that can be updated or that contains multiple ways of doing something.  It's an easier to use and easier to search format.

Not only that, but if and when a photo is no longer valid in a thread, it's gone forever.  If you have a wiki, you can update them or host them onsite.  It makes for less data loss.

I get what you're saying about the keyboard wiki on DT too, but I also know there has been a lot of frustration with how things get handled there. It would be nice to have the option to update stuff here if we wanted to.

domoaligato:

--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Fri, 27 March 2015, 10:10:07 ---
--- Quote from: nubbinator on Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:06:53 ---So have we given up on the idea of a Wiki?

--- End quote ---

What do you think of a "wiki" in this style? This was my effort to present information in a logical way.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69582.0

--- End quote ---

I would like a actual wiki app that we can all contribute to like these http://www.gamepedia.com/wikis

BlueBär:
So, about that whole Wiki thing... Is it officially dead? Or as close around the corner as the GH60?

Dihedral:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Fri, 27 March 2015, 11:50:45 ---I was always an advocate of updating the DT Wiki to have a "real Wiki" and then having a Wiki entry like what JD has which is more based on making guides. Like how to do a bolt mod for Model Ms.

--- End quote ---

This sounds a good idea. Factual information should be kept separate and distinguished from guides; but both should have a place within a good wiki.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version