geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5791/6074) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 19 September 2021, 10:05:40 ---My phone is endlessly delayed and I'm loving having my old Nokia 808 in my pocket because it's tiny, while the new one will be huge.  After 3 weeks working at my new, local, job my mobile data usage is nothing so I find myself considering an iphone mini on a 2 year 4GB/month contract.  But:

Iphones are fragile and unrepairable
Iphones lack SD cards
Contracts are bad - who knows where I'll be in 2 years?
Costs up front plus more than double what I currently pay every month

What is wrong with me to have given this more than two seconds of consideration?

--- End quote ---

Tp4 makes it a point not to use fone. 

ERgodox + 65" monitor

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Mon, 20 September 2021, 08:33:28 ---
Tp4 makes it a point not to use fone. 

--- End quote ---

I would be happy to go back to the beloved Nokia 3390, best cell phone ever, perfect size and shape.

Phone + text + monochrome screen (= no screen saver & up to a week of battery life) plus removable/replaceable battery and virtually indestructible.

iri:
The 3310 you mean?

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: iri on Mon, 20 September 2021, 10:03:25 ---
The 3310

--- End quote ---

That looks like a good phone, but all color screens come with screen savers. I find it massively annoying when you have to touch a phone to make it come on, and even more annoying when an entire routine is required before you can do anything at all.

You can read the screen of the 3390 even when it has been sitting on the table for 3 hours, and you can instantly dial a number without picking it up off the table.

iri:
Ah, the 3390 is just the NA version of 3310. I wasn't aware of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version