geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] SHIPPING-The Pawn - 35% keyboard kit with wood case

(1/12) > >>

mrbishop:
After much enthusiasm from quite afew people across several social platforms I am proud to present The Pawn, a 35% keyboard originally designed as a mobile keyboard for use with cellphones/tablets or an ultra portable travel board.

This is being presented as a KIT however assembly is offered as an additional charge. Shipping ConUS will be included with the price, outside ConUS will be addressed on a case by case basis estimates of around 20$ are presented however that could be +- afew USD$ based on my experience.

a minimum of 10 is set for this group buy but there will be no upper cap.

Kit includes

* 37 Gateron switches
* 1 aluminum plate (5052)
* 1 wood case (sanded unfinished Oak)
* 1 set of stabilizers (plate mount clips, wire, key side)(Costar)
* 40 Diodes (extra included)
* ribbon cable for wiring
* Teensy 2.0 controller (NOT programmed unless you select assembled)
* mounting screws
$120 - kit
+25 for caps
+40 assembly
+20 shipping outside ConUS (shipping subject to change based on location. this is a guideline)

[/list]
***Keycaps are NOT included unless you select the extra option. this layout was designed to work with standard ANSI keyboard key sets. one set of ANSI key caps (104 set) will complete one 35% Pawn keyboard. the profiles will likely not match the rows and there may be gaps in the key. this will be a hacked set made to fit this layout not a custom set designed for it. please keep this in mind when selecting add key caps option.

ok whats in store

the Pawn is based on this keyboard with a few slight modifications to better fit standard key sets. this makes finding a complete key cap set much easier to buy. However, this set does not by default come with key caps. A in expensive set has been selected with several color options in the event you want a complete keyboard kit including the caps.

unless indicated you will receive only what is required to complete the kit no additional parts or caps will be included.

below is the layout for this Group buy

i will use this thread for the main hub for all of this group buy. if you have any questions please PM me and include "The Pawn" in the subject so i can attempt to keep track of everything.
this will be my first group buy so be gentile.  :cool:

this GB will be open untill Aug 31 2016 some time in the afternoon. i reserve the wright to close this GB early. all payments must be made by 9/10/2016 at 12 midnight.

if i have forgotten anything i apologize i'll try to keep things updated here.

CLOSED

beginning invoicing

because some have asked here is the KLE link so you can play with the layout. the layout in the picture featured on the order form is the only layout included in this kit.
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/208538fb5830a1a4eea178d1de141d28

Support files
 PawnV1_loader.zip

ALL INVOICES SENT

wodan:
*cough*

Bump!

sprit:
Beautiful!   Amazing!    :)

mrbishop:

--- Quote from: sprit on Mon, 15 August 2016, 01:35:33 ---Beautiful!   Amazing!    :)

--- End quote ---

thanks alot. its a fun board.

tinyprawn:
Did the gap in time between when your first prototype pics hit the internet and the group buy thread being approved end up with fewer people signing up than you expected?

Do you have a guess on the timeline for delivery of the kits vs. assembled keyboards?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version