Author Topic: Post Your Phantom Pictures Here!  (Read 126977 times)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
Re: Post Your Phantom Pictures Here!
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 00:36:32 »
WOW! Do want!
Daniel, those stickers look awesome!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 00:56:38 »
Alright finally finished it, and got it working without desoldering the entire board (I forgot to solder the 3 extra pins to the teensy BEFORE soldering the teensy to the PCB)

On the work bench:

Nuke key comparison:

Full albumn link
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 01:07:08 »
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Offline Denonic

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 23:20:36 »
Received my Phantom in the post from WFD today!  :D

Put my Dolch set on with some RGBs, WNVs and some winkey blockers for a few photos. I replaced the keyblockers with some flat keys from pimpmykeyboard for the look of a winkeyless but with usable switches.

Big thanks to WFD for putting it all together and hoggy for providing me with the keyblockers.  You guys are too awesome!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 05:41:33 »
Received my Phantom in the post from WFD today!  :D

Put my Dolch set on with some RGBs, WNVs and some winkey blockers for a few photos. I replaced the keyblockers with some flat keys from pimpmykeyboard for the look of a winkeyless but with usable switches.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Big thanks to WFD for putting it all together and hoggy for providing me with the keyblockers.  You guys are too awesome!

Wow that's actually really cool
I love Elzy

Offline megaforce

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:27:58 »
Still a little bit to go, but here's mine with vintage blacks and sanctuary keyset!

Here's the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/nlywN#ftiCEAN
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:30:44 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Grimey

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 18:31:48 »

Custom case made at home, felt like doing a more custom layout as I have a few TKL sitting around as is.
Erlang your pants off

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 01:09:41 »
just finished soldering my phantom!!!!
im so excited and proud of myself, this is the biggest solder project iv ever done, and everything works on first try. I just think i used to much solder in some places. but it was so much fun, cant wait to do my next keyboard project.

also sorry for bad quality and funny angle, i had to use my computers web cam.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 05:46:37 »
These all look awesome!

Can't wait to post mine up here. Just done my soldering of the diodes and teensy as well as programmed it. Just need the Skeldon Case / plate!
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 10:36:14 »
My current setup of my Phantom :)

Originally built by DanGWanG, springs modded by myself. Sitting in a Filco Multicam TKL Case with a nice Wyse DS set. Alpha's, numbers, and arrow cluster are 62g, spacebar is 65g, and everything else including mods are 55g. The Tenkey is a Cherry G80-3700 custom painted with some Krylon  "Camo Green" paint that was extra leftover from when the previous owner of my Trek 830 bike painted the bike. Vintage blacks with clipped cherry stabs.

Sorry for potato pics, phone camera was all I had at the time. Can try to get some higher res pics if you guys would like :rolleyes:

I had to use the second capslock key as my left shift as the actual left shift key was rubbing on the side of the case for some reason and was causing the key to stick.

TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 12:15:38 »
My current setup of my Phantom :)

Originally built by DanGWanG, springs modded by myself. Sitting in a Filco Multicam TKL Case with a nice Wyse DS set. Alpha's, numbers, and arrow cluster are 62g, spacebar is 65g, and everything else including mods are 55g. The Tenkey is a Cherry G80-3700 custom painted with some Krylon  "Camo Green" paint that was extra leftover from when the previous owner of my Trek 830 bike painted the bike. Vintage blacks with clipped cherry stabs.
Show Image

Sorry for potato pics, phone camera was all I had at the time. Can try to get some higher res pics if you guys would like :rolleyes:
Show Image

I had to use the second capslock key as my left shift as the actual left shift key was rubbing on the side of the case for some reason and was causing the key to stick.

Show Image

Jellies!!! I has them!

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 18:22:35 »
Here's my Phantom, 1st keyboard build and works perfectly. The Wiki on DT has all info step by step very helpful. I'ts been very rewarding and given me a better understanding modern mechanical keyboard construction. I put my diode's on the controller side of the board as WFD does in his excellent YouTube build video. I'm still looking for a case to put it in, but cant resist trying it out on a folded towel. I used some vintage blacks with some 55g springs & and it feels nice, the vintage blacks are vey smooth. I just have to learn to program the controller to my customization.   

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:13:23 »
Here's my Phantom, 1st keyboard build and works perfectly. The Wiki on DT has all info step by step very helpful. I'ts been very rewarding and given me a better understanding modern mechanical keyboard construction. I put my diode's on the controller side of the board as WFD does in his excellent YouTube build video. I'm still looking for a case to put it in, but cant resist trying it out on a folded towel. I used some vintage blacks with some 55g springs & and it feels nice, the vintage blacks are vey smooth. I just have to learn to program the controller to my customization.   

Lookin sharp with those caps :) PM me if you ever need help with programming the controller, I use the TMK firmware and it's sweet!
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:18:15 »

Lookin sharp with those caps :) PM me if you ever need help with programming the controller, I use the TMK firmware and it's sweet!

You will be hearing from me, hopefully soon ;)

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:35:54 »

You got a Phantom Ray?!?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:46:17 »

You got a Phantom Ray?!?

Well technically I've now managed to purchase 3, one is being assembled by gupgup, the other I sold and one more kit is on the way soon.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:03:42 »

You got a Phantom Ray?!?

Well technically I've now managed to purchase 3, one is being assembled by gupgup, the other I sold and one more kit is on the way soon.

Welp, hit me up when it's time to get a custom firmware made for it, I'll help you out.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 02:29:14 »
I use the TMK firmware and it's sweet!

You don't see asking newb questions often, but what's the TMK firmware, and what's the benefit of it over the stock firmware?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 02:32:34 »

You don't see asking newb questions often, but what's the TMK firmware, and what's the benefit of it over the stock firmware?
I'm also curious.. and no, I definitely don't see you asking questions often :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline gnubag

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 02:57:22 »

I'm also curious.. and no, I definitely don't see you asking questions often :))

I just use it because with the stock one I had problems with fn keys and media keys.

Offline agor

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 04:21:25 »
Its probably the best keyboard firmware out there. Also with 'magic button' combination to boot into bootloader. Its nice not to open the case every time you want to change something :-)
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 07:12:00 »
Its probably the best keyboard firmware out there. Also with 'magic button' combination to boot into bootloader. Its nice not to open the case every time you want to change something :-)
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard

I'm planning on using that, but a beginner tutorial would be quite helpful.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 07:14:32 »

I don't know but I'm about to find out and everytime I see it I think TMNT then get all sad because that's not what it is :(

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 08:29:47 »

There's a thread about it in the "Making Stuff Together!" section. Developed by Hasu, it's just (as far as I can tell) a more simplified firmware with a boatload more options. Full USB NKRO vs the 6KRO before I switched, some insane amount of function layers you can add, simplified changing of keymaps, I might not doing much justice to it, so here's a link to the thread haha. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

EDIT: Here's the main feature list from the Github; (It also works for a bunch of different boards and controllers :) )

Code: [Select]
Features

These features can be used in your keyboard.

Multi-layer Keymap - Multiple keyboard layouts with layer switching
Mouse key - Mouse control with keyboard
System Control Key - Power Down, Sleep, Wake Up and USB Remote Wake up
Media Control Key - Volume Down/Up, Mute, Next/Prev track, Play, Stop and etc
USB NKRO - 120 keys(+ 8 modifiers) simultaneously
PS/2 mouse support - PS/2 mouse(TrackPoint) as composite device
Keyboard protocols - PS/2, ADB, M0110, Sun and other old keyboard protocols
User Function - Customizable function of key with writing code
Macro - Very primitive at this time
Keyboard Tricks - Oneshot modifier and modifier with tapping feature
Debug Console - Messages for debug and interaction with firmware
Virtual DIP Switch - Configurations stored EEPROM(Boot Magic)
Locking CapsLock - Mechanical switch support for CapsLock
Breathing Sleep LED - Sleep indicator with charm during USB suspend
Backlight - Control backlight levels
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 08:32:36 by oTurtlez »
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline agor

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:16:32 »
Also finally finished my Phantom with Litster Case

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:22:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Loving those windowed keycaps.
github

Offline agor

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:27:38 »
red LED's underneath ;)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:30:05 »
red LED's underneath ;)
I'm also going to be using red leds and Cherry windowed lock keys :D
github

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 11:14:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's some classy ****, really love that alot. Is that red esc cherry?? The one I have (from EK) seems darker than yours but it could be the light

Offline Batmann

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 12:31:53 »
Here is mine

That Vortex case is really nice in the end
I also like the solid feel of the ss plate a lot.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 12:33:53 »
Here is mine

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That Vortex case is really nice in the end
I also like the solid feel of the ss plate a lot.
I am not usually a fan of the Vortex case but yours looks very nice batman! Congrats :)
github

Offline Batmann

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 13:03:24 »
Thanks Pho!  :)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 13:04:10 »
Batmann, check the fitment if the PCB/plate inside that Vortex case. It's not a perfect fit because the plate doesn't have two 90degree bends like stock Filco plates, so you need this adapter to raise it up:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45739.0

Offline Batmann

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 13:12:17 »
Thanks WFD,
I saw this but I'll go for sugru standoffs,
for now I used clay while waiting for my order to arrive!

Also that PCB could really use an integrated controller, the teensy is annoying when it comes to room management
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 August 2013, 13:14:15 by Batmann »

Offline agor

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 13:59:55 »
That's some classy ****, really love that alot. Is that red esc cherry?? The one I have (from EK) seems darker than yours but it could be the light

It's the one from EK, so it has to be the light :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 15:04:02 »

It's the one from EK, so it has to be the light :)

:P fair enough

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 00:24:11 »
Just put some caps on for the first time. My best potato.  :-*

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 00:56:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow that is some next level ****.  I love the clear red acrylic.  Wow.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 02:11:38 »
Batmann, check the fitment if the PCB/plate inside that Vortex case. It's not a perfect fit because the plate doesn't have two 90degree bends like stock Filco plates, so you need this adapter to raise it up:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45739.0

you don't need THAT adapter, you can make your own, i've shared this before.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/panicfx/sets/72157634185333242/

Offline agor

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 16:47:27 »
 :cool:

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 17:30:56 »
Here is my Phantom disguised as a Ducky. It's has a QFR case with removable cable. The caps are what I had available but I'll replace them with some nicer ones in the future. I think some Dolch would be nice. It has vintage blacks from a WYSE board with 55g springs. This is my first build and I'm real happy with it.   

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 07:52:05 »
any have 7bit phantom can post :p
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:59:12 »
any have 7bit phantom can post :p

There is at least one in the thread as it is:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34909.msg657794#msg657794

I know I've seen another somewhere on the site before.

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 07:54:26 »
Finally, I've finished assembling my Phantom kit with my Pink Filco case. :)
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Pink Pink!! Looks great!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:06:34 »
New phantom featuring 62 clears and dyesub sanctuary set and a white Filco case :) Last pic is with Duckbro
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Batmann

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 01:21:44 »
That's pretty!
So that's the dyesub Sanctuary, now the color choice makes sense ;)
Congrats

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:45:04 »
I wish I could take better pics so bad..
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 14:46:27 »
The lighting in my office + my crappy cell phone camera + my picture taking skills = a really bad potato pic

34396-0

Now if I only had some key caps.... :-[

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:01:10 »
The lighting in my office + my crappy cell phone camera + my picture taking skills = a really bad potato pic

(Attachment Link)

Nice work your almost there some caps and a case to complete it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 16:11:05 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice work your almost there some caps and a case to complete it.

Sir JDCarpe did the assembly for me  :thumb:

And it's technically in a case just waiting on a custom top.  8)