Author Topic: Palm rest 1/2" taller than keyboard case?  (Read 7266 times)

Offline typo

Palm rest 1/2" taller than keyboard case?
« on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 23:25:14 »
I have a very nice exotic wood species palm rest. It is countered differently than what you usually see. It slants on both sides and is rounded in the middle. Unfortunately it is about 1/2" taller than any of the boards I use. Currently using 104UB. It does not bother me. Since I really do not rest my palms much anyways. It does not get in the way of my typing. I hardly touch it. I like it because it looks nice and makes for a nice "extension" of the case. I do see that some rests are slightly taller than the case but not by this much. I was just wondering if this is a ergonomic problem? As in looking for an injury or something?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Palm rest 1/2" taller than keyboard case?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 00:55:07 »
As long as the chair height/desk height puts your forearms horizontal or somewhat sloping forwards and you don't have the keyboard feet extended, I don't see much of a problem.

Also, I would liken a Topre Realforce with a 1/2" "too" high palm rest to having the same wrist positions as a low-profile keyboard with no palm rest.

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 03:46:50 »
Thanks that is good news. Now it is also possible that given this my chair/desk are okay. See my other post if you wish. My Forearms are in fact slightly tilted downward. Just slightly. Perhaps I do not have to raise this desk after all. Per my other post yesterday. The chair can actually go about 3" higher without my knees hitting the bottom of the desk. I think they might if I turn as to get up however. I will try it right now. If I can get the 3" more I might be okay. The palm rest is certainly not in my way. I got it because it actually causes me "not" to rest my palms. Like a barrier. A .75" palm rest always has me resting my palms. You know the height of this keyboard and the rest is about 1-1/4" high. Maybe Tomorrow I will revisit the Embody since I can get it a little higher without a thick cushion. Anyways, I really like this rest so I am glad to hear that. It is quite a bit longer but this is a rather compact 100% board. Of course that hardly matters.

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:46:18 »
I swear a mod put these together. I was just checking people's opinion. It is not everyday you see this. I am very happy with it but did not know if I am asking for an injury. That's all.

Offline Myteethfeelweird

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 22:57:10 »
Make the keeb have a negative angle and it will double the comfort and allow you to use the crazy cool wrist rest!!