Author Topic: Paperclips game  (Read 26631 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Paperclips game
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 20:51:35 »
Reminds me a lot of this shark game I've killed too much time with: http://cirri.al/sharks/

Legit quote in some of our source:

//

You worked on the shark game?  I had the whole office playing for two weeks solid.  Very amusing in addition to being addicting.

No, just a minor fish obsession, and a kind of running joke.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 20:46:39 »

No, just a minor fish obsession, and a kind of running joke.

(Attachment Link)

I like fish, but not like that.

In other news, started again with: Universe: 2 / Sim Level: 3
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 20:11:07 »
plz send helpz ...

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 21:31:35 »
Having the same problem :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 20:50:01 »
Just turned auto-wire buying on again.

Kinda funny how slowly the game seems to start off, then it ramps up pretty astronomically.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:06:40 »

Kinda funny how slowly the game seems to start off, then it ramps up pretty astronomically.

There's always a dead space in phase 2 for me.  Need 5 oct clips to go to phase 3, which doesn't flow like phase 1->2 for me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 20:50:44 »

There's always a dead space in phase 2 for me.  Need 5 oct clips to go to phase 3, which doesn't flow like phase 1->2 for me.

Such a shift in approach though.

I started again in a VM 'cause it thinks its window is on top all the time even if I minimise the VM window, and I'm about to release the HypnoDrones! :D :D :D

:D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:45:20 »

I started again in a VM 'cause it thinks its window is on top all the time even if I minimise the VM window, and I'm about to release the HypnoDrones! :D :D :D

Offline Atredl

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 21:58:46 »

My favorite stage was definitely after releasing the Hypnodrones. While the stock trading and money was fun, the power balancing just struck a chord with me. Plus we are a hive-mind by that point and who doesn’t enjoy a good hive-minding :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 20:06:29 »

My favorite stage was definitely after releasing the Hypnodrones. While the stock trading and money was fun, the power balancing just struck a chord with me. Plus we are a hive-mind by that point and who doesn’t enjoy a good hive-minding :cool:

Yes, the balancing of price per clip gets a bit annoying at times, especially before auto-wire-buying.

Once you get past that you can leave it running and it will just accumulate things.

Left it running over the long weekend and had over 400,000,000 creativity :eek:

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:57:29 »
Good long read about this subject if you have.. oh of course you guys have plenty of time.
https://www.wired.com/2011/12/ff_cowclicker/

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 11:55:49 »
also Cookie Clicker and Clicker Hero's on steam 

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 12:02:34 »
Good long read about this subject if you have.. oh of course you guys have plenty of time.
https://www.wired.com/2011/12/ff_cowclicker/

Not to disable my adblocker and trust them and then them distribute malware...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 20:02:18 »
How far do the Threnodies go?

Currently waiting for yomi to increase to get Threnody for the Heroes of Rivoli 16 (650,000 creat, 65,000 yomi).

Got over 43 million creat at the moment mwahahaha :D

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 20:41:09 »

Currently waiting for yomi to increase to get Threnody for the Heroes of Rivoli 16 (650,000 creat, 65,000 yomi).

https://universalpaperclips.gamepedia.com/Threnody_for_the_Heroes

This project is endlessly repeatable as long as the conditions are met (that is, until you reach a max trust higher than your desired probe trust), with random names (given from the names of battles you have fought), with increasing costs and fixed rewards of 10,000 honor each.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 15:59:18 »

https://universalpaperclips.gamepedia.com/Threnody_for_the_Heroes

This project is endlessly repeatable as long as the conditions are met (that is, until you reach a max trust higher than your desired probe trust), with random names (given from the names of battles you have fought), with increasing costs and fixed rewards of 10,000 honor each.

It has a wiki?!?!

Shouldn't be surprised these days, nearly everything has a wiki :))

I found out for myself that the Threnodies seem to pretty much keep going indefinitely.

I got to Threnody for the Heroes of Berezina 12 and creat kept going up by 10,000 each time and yomi by 1,000.

I got to 1,500,000 creat and 150,000 yomi required (with loads of each to spare), and gave up.

Now I'm in universe 1 sim level 3 (in this particular browser on this particular operating system).

Offline joey

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 16:02:14 »
I finished the game  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 20:00:00 »
I finished the game  :thumb:

How many times?

Offline joey

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 03:11:39 »
Just once. Enough for me.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 12:54:14 »
I have an exam coming up, why am i playing this

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 00:45:02 »
Just once. Enough for me.

I admire your determination.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 23:59:09 »

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 04:05:48 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 03:59:19 »
So who else has bought the mobile version?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:06:46 »
Universe: 1 / Sim Level: 9

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 23:14:07 »
Not a particularly efficient run - anyone done better?

183239-0

Offline Atredl

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 01:00:11 »
I think my run was just under 8.5 hrs. I thought I took a picture of it but I can’t find it anywhere. Make it under 7!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 19:57:25 »
I think my run was just under 8.5 hrs. I thought I took a picture of it but I can’t find it anywhere. Make it under 7!

That's the plan!  But probably not while I'm at work ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:41:43 »
Well under 7!

184097-0

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 07:55:25 »
DOES ANYBODY ON HERE REMEMBER CLIPPIT FROM OFFICE 97?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:54:11 »
DOES ANYBODY ON HERE REMEMBER CLIPPIT FROM OFFICE 97?

Yes.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 02:26:26 »
It sounds like some of you are already beyond this, but:

Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Paperclips' (Forbes.com)

A "Universal Paperclips" veteran shares his game tips.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Atredl

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 03:53:01 »

Oh my wow. There is a Forbes article for this game.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 20:05:05 »

Seen that, instinctively applied half the ideas before I read the article, and adopted a few of the others since.