Author Topic: [IC] FUSION60  (Read 135458 times)

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
Re: [IC] FUSION60 (Final Design & Estimate Price)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:13:52 »
I have to choose whether i make the original HHKB layout or WKL.. what do you think?

If you had to choose one, the HHKB layout option will probably be more popular.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline bball2

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:54:19 »
I have to choose whether i make the original HHKB layout or WKL.. what do you think?

I would be a bigger fan of the WKL, HHKB layouts seem a bit saturated right now with the Rama M60 and Tokyo60 boards just having finished up.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:02:13 »
There are very few MX compatible True-Happy keyboards, if any. I just can think on the Tina-A. There have been many M0110 style boards, already. Therefore the True-Happy is a more innovative option for the Fusion60.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:10:34 »
There are very few MX compatible True-Happy keyboards, if any. I just can think on the Tina-A. There have been many M0110 style boards, already. Therefore the True-Happy is a more innovative option for the Fusion60.
I never found the true mx compatible HHKBs look that good tbh due to the lack of symmetry. HHKB I think kind of addresses it by placing their sticker on the right side. Of course this is my opinion, and I can respect yours.

Any idea if the true hhkb Tina sold as well as the symmetrical hhkb layout?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:16:39 »
I never found the true mx compatible HHKBs look that good tbh due to the lack of symmetry. HHKB I think kind of addresses it by placing their sticker on the right side. Of course this is my opinion, and I can respect yours.

Totally understandable. It is a very personal choice. The only point being that the supply for TH full height boards is very limited; but, there is no demand data available. Of course, the Tina-A is in stock at KBDFans. If some needs one she can always get it there, and the pricing is more than fair.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 12:22:09 »

Totally understandable. It is a very personal choice. The only point being that the supply for TH full height boards is very limited; but, there is no demand data available. Of course, the Tina-A is in stock at KBDFans. If some needs one she can always get it there, and the pricing is more than fair.
Well, I guess that is what an IC is for. You true HHKB layout fans make your voices heard!

I have no voice in this as I'm likely to get the standard 60 layout haha

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 13:31:22 »
I suppose you are forgoing the side RGB underglow then?

Bump! In case you missed this, Vulcan.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline mago

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:27:19 »
Case looks stunning, can't wait to see how the prototype turns out  :thumb:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 16:11:33 »
$190 is a ridiculously low price for a top-mount keyboard that includes a brass plate, brass weight, and a PCB.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Ricinco

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 18:33:09 »
I'm not the biggest fan of the design, but the price is low enough to make this interesting to me regardless.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 09:51:53 »
Typing this on a Tina-A, just ordered a Rama M60, thinking about the Tokyo60 when that reruns.

I don't need another HHKB MX board. I don't need another HHKB MX board. I don't need another HHKB MX board...

I do need another HHKB MX board. True HHKB layout version would cause some real problems for me.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 08:59:39 »
Typing this on a Tina-A, just ordered a Rama M60, thinking about the Tokyo60 when that reruns.

I don't need another HHKB MX board. I don't need another HHKB MX board. I don't need another HHKB MX board...

I do need another HHKB MX board. True HHKB layout version would cause some real problems for me.

I suppose that what you want is a keyboard with a similar layout to M0110A, right? What are the real problems that a Happy layout causes you?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 09:35:01 »
Probably in for the default 60%. Nice pricing!   

Let me ask something since I didn't follow the post recently:

- Will we see color samples before GB starts? Especially purple. 
- The DZ60 will be the type-c version?
- Brass coated somehow? 
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 May 2018, 09:45:07 by KaosJ »

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 10:34:14 »

I suppose that what you want is a keyboard with a similar layout to M0110A, right? What are the real problems that a Happy layout causes you?

That I would have a compulsive need to buy it.

Offline Eon2001

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 11:43:01 »

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 11:58:52 »
Great pricing if you can keep close to the stated $190! Definitely gonna keep an eye on this project, I really like the design of the case. :thumb:

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 12:00:44 »
Could we opt out of the PCB?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 17:16:20 »
Are there any physical prototypes? Might jump in on this when it comes up

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 18:41:35 »

Ohh sorry i missed this,,,, yes, this case will have no RGB. from the IC more people wanted to keep it solid with no RGB lighting

Probably in for the default 60%. Nice pricing!   

Let me ask something since I didn't follow the post recently:

- Will we see color samples before GB starts? Especially purple. 
- The DZ60 will be the type-c version?
- Brass coated somehow? 

- yes, right now im focusing to get the prototype done, after that I will post color sample  ;D
- Yes type-C the REV 2 version
- my manufacturer said that the brass is already shiny enough so i wont be needing any coating.. but we'll see later when its done

Could we opt out of the PCB?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes you can  :thumb:

Are there any physical prototypes? Might jump in on this when it comes up

Prototype is in the making, hopefully it will be finish this week  ;D ;D     

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:22:21 »
I'm sure the brass will need coating otherwise it will oxidize. I have R1 E6 v2, the brass weight and plate were alright when I received them as they were sand blasted. But as time progressed, they are kind of looking dirty. Coating is a must!

Don't care if you PVD or simple treatment.

Offline DePulse

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 21:01:24 »
I need a case with an hhkb layout and this seems to be the right one with the right price  :eek:

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 21:58:14 »
I'm sure the brass will need coating otherwise it will oxidize. I have R1 E6 v2, the brass weight and plate were alright when I received them as they were sand blasted. But as time progressed, they are kind of looking dirty. Coating is a must!

I like the patina brass accumulates over time, but to each their own :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:38:53 »

I like the patina brass accumulates over time, but to each their own :)

yeah any coating will be fine, but must be coated

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:29:32 »
This may be just me...but this reminds me of a combination of Hammer case and Tokyo60...
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 21:59:41 »
I think the OP is thinking of electrolytic coating or plating, where as we may want a simple clear coat to protect the raw brass from oxidation.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 06:50:24 »
I think the OP is thinking of electrolytic coating or plating, where as we may want a simple clear coat to protect the raw brass from oxidation.

eplating +a plastic cheap coat might be the cheaper way 

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 07:27:01 »
Do you have any pictures or renders how the purple will look?

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
[IC] FUSION60 (Final Design & Estimate Price)
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 07:44:43 »

Ohh sorry i missed this,,,, yes, this case will have no RGB. from the IC more people wanted to keep it solid with no RGB lighting

Since this is still an IC phase, I would like to say that now without the RGB underglow possible, I’m starting to question the aesthetics of the side pattern (the one that gave you so much trouble, which was initially there to allow RGB lighting to bleed through) and whether plain side panel would actually be more aesthetically pleasing.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 May 2018, 07:48:17 by cldskt »

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 13:17:17 »

Since this is still an IC phase, I would like to say that now without the RGB underglow possible, I’m starting to question the aesthetics of the side pattern (the one that gave you so much trouble, which was initially there to allow RGB lighting to bleed through) and whether plain side panel would actually be more aesthetically pleasing.

Thoughts?

Flat side would be preferable for me personally.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 20:39:47 »
The angled side is a cool feature IMO. I would only be in favor of removing it if it substantially reduced the price.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:14:38 »
The side design is what sets it apart from other cases and part of the reason I found the case interesting.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:44:13 »
Do you have any pictures or renders how the purple will look?

I will post the color sample after the prototype is done

Thoughts?

First reason is the side design was made to differentiate my case design from other case design out there. so it' s not made to initially allow RGB light to bleed through.

Second reason I remove the RGB is because the IC results, there are more people like the case to be solid with out RGB.

Third reason is because, adding RGB defuser means adding more $$$..

Fourth reason is I want this case to be manufacture able in my home county (Indonesia). In my country finding a good defuser is hard. I found one.. but its price is to high.

The angled side is a cool feature IMO. I would only be in favor of removing it if it substantially reduced the price.

removing it will not affect the price  ;D

The side design is what sets it apart from other cases and part of the reason I found the case interesting.

Yep i agree.. finding a new case design is a bit tricky now days..

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:48:13 »
I would keep the design as is. Even if it came with side glow I would disable it.

Offline jlee755

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 10:48:57 »
How's the prototype coming along?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 19:49:02 »

we receive the prototype yesterday, but there is a problem, so we return it to the factory to be fix.

the problem is all of the parts that are made with brass is to big to fit.. I think this problem happen because of the machining not the design. For the prototype we made 2 type of weight, aluminum and brass... the aluminum seems to work just fine, but the brass wont fit to the slot.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:39:56 »

we receive the prototype yesterday, but there is a problem, so we return it to the factory to be fix.

the problem is all of the parts that are made with brass is to big to fit.. I think this problem happen because of the machining not the design. For the prototype we made 2 type of weight, aluminum and brass... the aluminum seems to work just fine, but the brass wont fit to the slot.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

make sure the tolerances were communicated clearly, as some manufacturers machine to low tolerances if not specified. Other than that, the anodizing looks pretty clean!

Offline DePulse

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:47:08 »
Just to confirm, this is top mount case right? Not tray mount. Because as per the provided renders, it's clearly top mount. I just wanna make sure :D

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:14:07 »
No images of bottom case?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 01:04:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

make sure the tolerances were communicated clearly, as some manufacturers machine to low tolerances if not specified. Other than that, the anodizing looks pretty clean!

yea.. but i think they just use the wrong tool for cutting brass. i hope they can fix it

Just to confirm, this is top mount case right? Not tray mount. Because as per the provided renders, it's clearly top mount. I just wanna make sure :D

Yes, this is top mount  ;D

No images of bottom case?

we also return the bottom case ro the factory. they need it to measure the slot where the brass weight will be insert... We will post picture later 

Offline dantambok

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 01:14:02 »
also interested!  :thumb: price looks good
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Sinistra

• New to this hobby. Sorry for stupid questions.
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 15:10:02 »
Will this be available in red? (Preferably bright red.)

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 18:28:57 »
will it be possible to purchase both a regular and hhkb layout top piece in the gb?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 26 May 2018, 20:43:37 »
Will this be available in red? (Preferably bright red.)

Yes, will be available in red  :thumb:

will it be possible to purchase both a regular and hhkb layout top piece in the gb?

yes you can  :thumb:

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 11:32:14 »
Any chance for a dark green color option? Really interested either way, but that would get me in for multiple tops for sure.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 08:11:50 »
This is how the prototype looks like.. we cant make the sides looks as sharp like the 3d render.. what do you guys think? Should I keep it like that or remove the side design?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 08:51:27 »
Keep it! It gives it character.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline Mag_Flux

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 08:56:50 »
Keep it! It gives it character.

Agreed, I say keep it. Still looks good to me.  :thumb:

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 09:19:56 »
This is how the prototype looks like.. we cant make the sides looks as sharp like the 3d render.. what do you guys think? Should I keep it like that or remove the side design?
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Still looks good, this is an instant buy for me. Have you decided on a date for when the gb will start?

Offline jlee755

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 10:18:42 »
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I think it'd be cool to see different angles of the side design. I think I still like it but the picture doesn't represent it well.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 11:00:07 »
I like it!