Author Topic: Where to buy old (or old looking) keycaps like dolch/classic beige?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
I can't seem to find any except for this $130 one at originative. Are there any cheaper sets out there? I'm using a tkl board.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Where to buy old (or old looking) keycaps like dolch/classic beige?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:55:21 »
Hard to tell exactly what your preferences are, but if you just want old looking caps, a WYSE set has got to be the cheapest way to go.  It can be difficult to match the set to a modern keyboard, though.

If you want classic cherry keys you can try to find old boards on eBay, but the Geekhack classifieds has got to be the easiest option.  You just have to be patient.

You can also get some of the Dyesub PBT sets from China.  imsto has some sets, there are some Vortex sets.  They have similar colorways, but they usually look a bit more modern.

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
Re: Where to buy old (or old looking) keycaps like dolch/classic beige?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:45:57 »
Hard to tell exactly what your preferences are, but if you just want old looking caps, a WYSE set has got to be the cheapest way to go.  It can be difficult to match the set to a modern keyboard, though.

If you want classic cherry keys you can try to find old boards on eBay, but the Geekhack classifieds has got to be the easiest option.  You just have to be patient.

You can also get some of the Dyesub PBT sets from China.  imsto has some sets, there are some Vortex sets.  They have similar colorways, but they usually look a bit more modern.
thanks for the response! So I am looking on ebay, but do you have any recommendations for cherry boards with good looking keycaps? I can't find any and most of them look modern.