Author Topic: [IC] Boardwalk Ortholinear 60% PCB  (Read 21387 times)

Offline shensmobile

Re: [IC] Boardwalk Ortholinear 60% PCB
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 13:49:02 »
For anyone that's not in the mailing list, elpeterson is talking about the delay of the GB until Monday.  I think that somewhere along the way, the quote from my PCB manufacturer got messed up and I'm now being underquoted.  This might cause the PCB cost to go up, and I want to settle the price and make sure that I'm not putting myself in a bad position before going live.

Also, I did an admittedly bad job prepping my Vendors/proxies for the launch so a few more days will help everyone get on board.  Monday will definitely be the launch of the GB though!  Everything is ALMOST there.

On the plate front:  I think that it was actually my confusion on the polishing.  Even in an earlier post, I confirmed that it wouldn't be a mirror sheen.  I've discussed it with my machinist and this is what I should have been expecting, I just forgot because it was such a long time since I ordered the samples.  That being said, the finish is a very uniform, machine brushed finish, and the blemishes on the plate were just oil marks that I washed off very easily.  Overall, I'm pretty damn happy with these plates now.  If you want a mirror finish, you will have to put in the elbow grease yourself, but if you're OK with a sort of matte brushed look, these will be right up your alley!

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 07:00:20 »
Possible to have multiple layout with 1 PCB is really nice. Hope this will be happened.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SH-M07 から送信

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 13:07:44 »
Possible to have multiple layout with 1 PCB is really nice. Hope this will be happened.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SH-M07 から送信

Yeah!  It's definitely what I wanted out of this PCB, to be able to use all of the layouts with just one board.  I always like more flexibility!

As an aside, the GB is open!  We're waiting on approval for the GH thread to open, but for now, you can check out the Reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/9qg6u6/gb_boardwalk_pcb_and_plate

Offline gecruz

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 10:36:33 »
Hi.
I wonder where can I get that same case in the HHKB layout picture. Is it this?: https://kprepublic.com/products/xd64-xd60-60-hhkb-layout-aluminium-case-with-acrylic-diffuser?variant=995982278700

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 12:08:11 »
Hi.
I wonder where can I get that same case in the HHKB layout picture. Is it this?: https://kprepublic.com/products/xd64-xd60-60-hhkb-layout-aluminium-case-with-acrylic-diffuser?variant=995982278700

I was wondering the same thing.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 13:25:04 »
Hi.

Over on reddit, it was mentioned that it was the Campine mk.iii:

It is the Campine mk.III. I'm going to have some available as a discounted bundle for entrants in this GB!

I would expect the one you linked to look relatively similar when built (looks like it has an acrylic bottom instead of just the aluminum one of the Campine with just an acrylic "strip") and shensmobile is making plates specifically for KPRepublic's xd60/64 cases, so I ordered the one you linked myself and will see how it works out I guess.

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 06:55:53 »
(...)I ordered the one you linked myself and will see how it works out I guess.

Keep us posted!

Insert Signature without plastics

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 12:25:36 »
Hey to everyone!  The photos in the gallery are of both the Campine MKiii as well as the KPRepublic XD64 HHKB style case.  The KPRepublic plate will fit in that case for sure!  It's a great option, I will include some 3d printed inserts as well that help to support the plate/PCB and make it even more rigid.  The KPRepublic cases ship with tempered glass bottoms now as well.  I think the site says acrylic, but if you hover over the colour options, they something akin to "v2 with glass bottom."

Offline gecruz

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 00:27:05 »
Analyzing the PCB image, it seems to me that the HHKB design with three 2u buttons in the bottom row is not supported, I did not find the switch hole for the 2u right button. That particular design is perfect for me because the 2u button on the right is just where I hit the spacebar (just below the "N" and "M" keys). In the design with two "2u" buttons I find the 2u button on the right (the spacebar) too far for my thumb (I would have to press it on the edge). I really hope I'm wrong and the design with three 2u buttons is supported :)

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 00:31:22 »
Unfortunately that layout was removed in order to facilitate a more stable plate. Earlier in this thread, and with some discussion on Reddit, it was decided that sacrificing 1 layout for the greater good was worth it. I’m sorry that is a problem for you :( I wish I could support every layout. I hope here’s still something that would work for you, maybe using 1u instead?

Offline gecruz

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 11:07:58 »
Yes, I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. Thanks!

Offline elpeterson

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 10:49:04 »
A GH60 case just hit MassDrop, how can I modify my order?

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 12:56:09 »
A GH60 case just hit MassDrop, how can I modify my order?

Drop AlexAtPanc a DM here and he’ll fix your order for you. https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54829

Let me know if you don’t get a response, I can let him know directly as well.

Offline elpeterson

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 16:03:11 »
Just sent him a PM, thanks!

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 04:30:28 »
Does anyone have a KPRepublic HHKB style XD60/64 case? I really want to get one but I'm not sure if it's angled or not. The pics are all shot from the top and on the one that is shot at an angle it isn't obvious wether the feet that apparently tilt it are removable or not. Also how's the machining quality?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 November 2018, 04:51:01 by rumlyne »

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 06:19:36 »
Does anyone have a KPRepublic HHKB style XD60/64 case? I really want to get one but I'm not sure if it's angled or not. The pics are all shot from the top and on the one that is shot at an angle it isn't obvious wether the feet that apparently tilt it are removable or not. Also how's the machining quality?

I had the same question actually, so I googled it and found a video on YouTube.
XD64 HHKB case doesn't look angled, it has tilt stand though.

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 06:57:20 »

The case is flat, but has feet to angle it up slightly.

Machining quality is excellent, although there has been some reported issues of the m3 screws stripping their holes. I think that the holes were drilled a little too wide before tapping, but I haven’t run into this issue myself. I reported this to KPrepublic though and they said they would address it. I still think it’s the best value for a top-mounted keyboard and the 3D printed inserts I will include make it incredibly rigid and tight after assembly. No flex or “cheap” feeling at all.

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 11:54:13 »
I'll be posting an IC/GB within the next week or so for SA blank keys, and one of the kits you can get will be for the Boardwalk (2u/1.5u/1u keys only). The main color we will be getting is Godspeed teal. Alphas can be Godspeed teal or white.
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 16:41:26 »
Thx guys for the video and the reviews! I think I'm gonna get myself one for Christmas ;)

Offline elpeterson

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 09:36:02 »

Drop AlexAtPanc a DM here and he’ll fix your order for you. https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54829

Let me know if you don’t get a response, I can let him know directly as well.

Didn't get a reply. I put in another order under the same email. In my message I let him know that the first order could be deleted.

Offline OkKarma

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:49:51 »
Same here. Screwed up and put my name into the form when I was meant to buy from the EU proxy (which I have now done).

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 19:42:06 »
I just realized that this thread exists!

Below is the updated GB thread, for anyone looking for more info:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97935.msg2680224#msg2680224

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 17:07:42 »
Really want to get in on this PCB but I don't yet have a case lined up. What would you suggest I do about the plate?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 19:58:56 »
Really want to get in on this PCB but I don't yet have a case lined up. What would you suggest I do about the plate?

If you aren't sure, I'd suggest going for the traymount universal plate, since that is the one that is most versatile. You can use that one with any Pok3r-supporting case.

Offline elpeterson

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 10:46:19 »
Has anyone's tracking been updated? It said it was created on 2/12/19 but nothing has been updated since.

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 19:41:17 »
Has anyone's tracking been updated? It said it was created on 2/12/19 but nothing has been updated since.

I believe Alex should be shipping them out in batches beginning soon!  He sent me a photo of a massive pile of packages yesterday :)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 22 February 2019, 08:22:11 »

I believe Alex should be shipping them out in batches beginning soon!  He sent me a photo of a massive pile of packages yesterday :)
Good to hear :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline equalunique

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 08:44:05 »
I have mine, and now all GMK Assembly kits are 1000% more interesting to me.

When should we expect R2?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk