Author Topic: [IC] Coleydotmp4 linear switches | New Sound Tests Added!  (Read 11724 times)

Offline MrEsosmao

[IC] Coleydotmp4 linear switches | New Sound Tests Added!
« on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 09:45:31 »

10/11/2022 Update: New sound tests added QK65, Bakeneko60, and KBD67 Lite
10/10/2022 Update: Deskmat designs added.
10/06/2022 Update: Pre-orders are now live at Keebfront US!
08/29/2022 Update:
Switch specs and packaging revealed, and R1 prototypes have arrived!
Will be sending out to several content creators for initial feedback.

Peep the video below to learn more about what this project is all about!

If you didn't watch video -
I'm excited to announce that Keebfront is partnering with content creator, Coleydotmp4,
to create a switch themed around her mascot.

At the moment - we've designed several colour variances of the switch,
but in the end this is the theme that won. :D

SWITCH SPECS

Switch type: Linear
Top housing: Nylon PA6
Bottom housing: PBT
Stem: POM, Long Pole 13.6MM
Spring: 2-Stage 63.5G, Extended 20MM
Factory Lubed: No
Est. Ship Date: December 2022
Pricing: $0.63 USD

PRODUCT SHOWCASE & REVIEWS

This is the packaging that will be used and sent out when you order 70+ switches.
All artwork design is done by Coleydotmp4 herself  :eek:

DESKMAT
FILL OUT IC HERE

Colors: Magenta, Monochrome, Green, Black, White, Blue

Alternative design: Green Guy

VENDORS

USA: Keebfront

TIMELINE

Start IC  :thumb:
Close IC submissions  :thumb:
Get prototypes :thumb:
Get prototype feedback - In Progress
Determine if GB or In-Stock
Available for purchase dates

SHOUTOUT/CREDIT

@Coleydotmp4: For being hands-on in the artwork and switch specs effort. And a great content creator!
Keyboard Community: Without your help this would not be possible.

SOCIAL MEDIA

Coley's YouTube channel

Keebfront IG

« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2022, 23:23:22 by MrEsosmao »

Offline nonuser

Re: [IC] Coleydotmp4 | Community Driven Project
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 10:17:50 »
HOLY GUACAMOLE TAKE MY MONEY NOW :eek: :eek: :eek: Please make it a jwk long pole switch with nylon housing and long spring so I can have a deep but poppy sound in my IU bakeneko (which is my endgame).You dont even need to upload a soundtest, I know it will sound like soft gentle rain falling from the sky, so clacky and satisfying  GLWIC :thumb:

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 10:32:13 »
HOLY GUACAMOLE TAKE MY MONEY NOW :eek: :eek: :eek: Please make it a jwk long pole switch with nylon housing and long spring so I can have a deep but poppy sound in my IU bakeneko (which is my endgame).You dont even need to upload a sound test, I know it will sound like soft gentle rain falling from the sky, so clacky and satisfying  GLWIC :thumb:

Hey, appreciate the feedback/support - this switch compositions sounds good already! Please fill out IC form and share with others if you haven't already. Thanks in advance for contributing.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 July 2022, 10:41:28 by MrEsosmao »

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 19:27:22 »
depending on how this is run, this could.. actually turn out interesting. the IC does seem low effort to an extent and against the spirit of what ICs on the forum usually are, but given the community driven idea I'm not sure you'd be able to avoid that haha. I'm def interested, seems like this has the potential to turn out well and I'd love another long pole medium tactile. cautiously following  :thumb:

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 20:52:55 »
depending on how this is run, this could.. actually turn out interesting. the IC does seem low effort to an extent and against the spirit of what ICs on the forum usually are, but given the community driven idea I'm not sure you'd be able to avoid that haha. I'm def interested, seems like this has the potential to turn out well and I'd love another long pole medium tactile. cautiously following  :thumb:

Thanks for the input along with your submission to the form! It's really going to get interesting in the coming days. Will log updates soon enough.

Offline itsrodolforeno

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 22:28:09 »
It's cool to see that this is going to be based 100% on the community feedback! GLWIC :thumb:

Offline Riizmaa

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 23:44:28 »
Will these thock hard asf or nah ?  ;D

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 08:48:11 »
Will these thock hard asf or nah ?  ;D

It possibly could happen! Fill out the IC form and let's see if there's enough people wanting your sound signature. :thumb:

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 10:53:08 »
can't wait for the next jwk linear recolor with a long pole stem, factory lube, and long two stage gold plated spring

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 10:58:10 »
well this is an idea.

Offline headshot

• thocctober.com
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 11:09:51 »
So by using the buzzwords *community driven* you're using it as an excuse to do even less than no effort and to make money. There is only one place this belongs, the garbage... scrap it and put some actual time and effort in.

sincerely concerned keyboard user
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2022, 11:12:41 by headshot »

Offline LMarci

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:05:02 »
Bruh
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:09:07 by LMarci »

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:54:34 »
So by using the buzzwords *community driven* you're using it as an excuse to do even less than no effort and to make money. There is only one place this belongs, the garbage... scrap it and put some actual time and effort in.

sincerely concerned keyboard user

Thanks for your feedback and sorry you feel that way. With that said, your assumption is absolutely wrong.
I hope your day gets better.

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:58:31 »
can't wait for the next jwk linear recolor with a long pole stem, factory lube, and long two stage gold plated spring

JWK is not involved for this switch.

Offline HalfScrim

• no fun. not ever.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 13:34:58 »

JWK is not involved for this switch.

if not JWK, then who?

Offline Eska

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 09:40:03 »
if not JWK, then who?

I believe Coley is working with Keebfront who are working with manufacturer Meirun.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 21:23:07 »
SHOUTOUT/CREDIT

@Coleydotmp4: For being hands-on in the design effort. And a great content creator!

Nothing has been designed. That's not how this works.

SWITCH SPECS

Ah yes we will decide switch specs without any actual way of testing what these combinations will feel like.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Great job. GLWIC.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 09:57:22 »
SHOUTOUT/CREDIT

@Coleydotmp4: For being hands-on in the design effort. And a great content creator!

SWITCH SPECS

Ah yes we will decide switch specs without any actual way of testing what these combinations will feel like.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Great job. GLWIC.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

She's involved in the design for deskmats and unique packaging illustrations. But I can understand why you would assume that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2022, 12:27:22 by MrEsosmao »

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 17:20:58 »
SHOUTOUT/CREDIT

SWITCH SPECS

She's involved in the design for deskmats and unique packaging illustrations. But I can understand why you would assume that.
I mean it does seem like neither of those things are very important in a switch gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 21:05:35 »
God this "community" is toxic.

Sad to see the IC form is closed.

Offline LMarci

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 14:29:32 »

Having standards and not letting effortless **** like this slide is indeed very toxic :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2022, 14:33:04 by LMarci »

Offline KeyBros_

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 15:44:49 »

Having standards and not letting effortless **** like this slide is indeed very toxic :thumb:
zZZzzZZzzZZzzZZ

Offline ImaSpacePotato

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 15:49:58 »
Fairly uninspired material choices aside from the possibility of a PBT bottom.

When both JWK and Tecsee have their unique plastic blends and not work with either 8s just disappointing. The resulting switch is going to be yet another nylon bottom PC top POM long pole isn't it.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 13:41:54 »
man people in this hobby are getting waaaayyy too comfortable. after all, when making keyboard things you are competing with literal professionals these days such as omnitype, drop, cannonkeys and so on. sure, this wont ever be the perfect switch that will cater to everyone, but its fun as **** getting to vote against other people and ending up with a completely random switch. people need to drop all this tryhard **** and start having fun with the hobby again. i recently SPRAY PAINTED a keycult NEON GREEN because **** you, that's why. also, people are saying that this is a low effort way to make money, but keebfront is literally a tiny startup that just needs to get some products under their belt. cut them some slack, pretty please.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline MrEsosmao

Re: [IC] Coleydotmp4 | Massive Update!
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 22:13:14 »
Change Log
>> Switch specs revealed
>> Prototype R1 arrived
>> Packaging revealed
>> Shipping out to other content creators for feedback

Offline Botty212

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 03:15:08 »
lets see how this GB will be, might join might not, depends on the price in the end. If it ends up beeing a NA vendor only switch Im out. Shipping and taxes will increase the cost per switch by like 100%, cause shipping alone will most likely be as much as the switches themself.

Offline MrEsosmao

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 13:16:35 »
lets see how this GB will be, might join might not, depends on the price in the end. If it ends up beeing a NA vendor only switch Im out. Shipping and taxes will increase the cost per switch by like 100%, cause shipping alone will most likely be as much as the switches themself.

Thanks for your overall thoughts. Will continue to keep posting updates soon on this topic!

Offline CountKeepo

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 16:03:49 »
Any chance for a EU-vendor? I'd really love to get these but US shipping + taxes is a bit salty.

Offline MrEsosmao

Re: [IC] Coleydotmp4 switches | Prototype revealed
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 12:13:29 »
We're working on it.