Author Topic: Logitech VX Nano and Revolution  (Read 8559 times)

Offline AceRuckus

Logitech VX Nano and Revolution
« on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 14:18:21 »
Anyone have one of these mice? It's been discontinued and prices everywhere are high... Resellers... Anyway, I was just wondering if it was worth getting as a mobile mouse. I've read the left click goes out, but that can be replaced with parts later on.

I have an m325 right now, but when I had the VX revolution, I really enjoyed using but the USB receiver is much larger than the VX Nano for mobile purposes. Can I use a different receiver to link the VX Revolution?

Cheers,
Roger

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Logitech VX Nano and Revolution
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 12:21:11 »
I think the pricing is high for the same reason the pricing is high for the Microsoft Explorer trackball. Two scroll wheels could be an interesting feature imo (Logitech MX Revolution)

Offline Malachor

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 20:16:29 »
I don't have the vx nano, but I do have an m905 mx anywhere mouse.
They seem to be very similar in shape and size(going by pictures), though the m905 has the two additional buttons in a better place(near the left thumb, rather than near the forefinger). It also uses two AA batteries, though one can be used instead. However, it's been replaced by the anywhere 2 mouse, which I'm not a fan of, since it uses a non replaceable battery. There was something else as well, but I can't remember it at the moment.
Looking at current mice I can buy, I'd go with the m560; it's very similar to the anywhere mouse, though it uses only one battery. Another alternative is the m545; it has a smaller receiver compared to the m560 & anywhere mice, although I wouldn't call those large.

Unfortunately you can't use the m325 receiver for the vx revolution(it came out about 12 months before the unfying concept apparently).

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 01:31:43 »
I have had the VX Rev. for quite a while (~8yr?). Still works and haven't had a problem. The scroll wheel with the switch that allows you to freewheel is probably the thing I like the most as well as great battery life for only a single AA.

I just did a quick check on prices and while it's a great mouse, I'm not sure a VX R is worth the price tag people are asking for it.
Can I use a different receiver to link the VX Revolution?
The Unifying receiver is only compatible with newer peripherals that have that orange logo, not the older ones.

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 02:30:06 »
I have had the VX Rev. for quite a while (~8yr?). Still works and haven't had a problem. The scroll wheel with the switch that allows you to freewheel is probably the thing I like the most as well as great battery life for only a single AA.

I just did a quick check on prices and while it's a great mouse, I'm not sure a VX R is worth the price tag people are asking for it.
Can I use a different receiver to link the VX Revolution?
The Unifying receiver is only compatible with newer peripherals that have that orange logo, not the older ones.

It's ridiculously high for the same reason the G9x is being resold for as much as Logitech's newer current mice. They're all discontinued, and the resellers are raping our bungholes for it.