Author Topic: Simple but flawless light-weight laser mouse?  (Read 5552 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Simple but flawless light-weight laser mouse?
« on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 16:35:06 »
Basically need a laser version of the proverbial optical RTS mouse. Two buttons and a wheel is enough. Preferably no side buttons. No — or ability deactivate — prediction, accelaration and other monkey business, so you can opt for 1:1 and rely on muscle memory. Preferably scalable dpi to not be confined to either a low-sens or hi-sense style, just in case. Light-weight construction and wide, whatever the form-factor is. Speaking of form factor — better an honest claw/palm/fingertip-gripper than a hybrid. If a palm gripper, then made for people with large hands.

Wired unless being wireless 1) won't make it die on you during a game (advance warning at least 1 hour and hard to miss and/or ability to plug a USB cable in anyway); 2) the level of battery power won't in any way alter mouse behaviour (especially sensitivity).

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Simple but flawless light-weight laser mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 19:21:09 »
I'm curious as to why you are specifically after a laser mouse. Are there any advantages that you know of that a laser mouse might have over an optical mouse? I was under the impression that optical sensing is the current favorite amongst people that need pinpoint precision without compromise.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:22:19 »
I'm curious as to why you are specifically after a laser mouse. Are there any advantages that you know of that a laser mouse might have over an optical mouse? I was under the impression that optical sensing is the current favorite amongst people that need pinpoint precision without compromise.

Expensive pad bought for a mouse that died. Better properties for microing in RTS-es. Subjectively nicer too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 07:33:45 »
The problem with laser is that they don't work well with all surfaces..

So, if they WERE to sell you the ideal laser mouse,

They would also have to sell you the Specific surface that mouse is Tuned for..

I don't see why logitech hasn't done it, i mean,, a flat piece of plastic for $40  .. freaking.. win...