Author Topic: Post your 60% function layers  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Post your 60% function layers
« on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 00:27:53 »
Alright guys and gals.  Lets see what we are using for layouts.  Mostly looking for suggestions for my Kishy, but wouldn't mind seeing this develop into a sticky.

I will get mine posted later when I figure out what I am going to do.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Post your 60% function layers
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 00:39:41 »
Ooh, this ought to be a good one.

I have the standard HHKB layer, and since mine has LEDs I've programmed "H" to brighten ("higher") and "J" to lower, "K" to kill the lights (or turn 'em back on) and "L" to change the LED settings.

As for arrows, I have them as the HHKB placement, but also on ESDF since I use that more than the others. "A" is Home and "G" is End.

Might not be for everyone but it works for me. I do a lot of word processing.
I can post a pic later. Would like to see others to get inspiration; I'm always down for change.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 01:03:30 »
Ooh, this ought to be a good one.

I have the standard HHKB layer, and since mine has LEDs I've programmed "H" to brighten ("higher") and "J" to lower, "K" to kill the lights (or turn 'em back on) and "L" to change the LED settings.

As for arrows, I have them as the HHKB placement, but also on ESDF since I use that more than the others. "A" is Home and "G" is End.

Might not be for everyone but it works for me. I do a lot of word processing.
I can post a pic later. Would like to see others to get inspiration; I'm always down for change.

If you could post a pic, that would be great.  I still am not sure what the Hhkb function layer is.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Bucake

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 08:13:00 »
http://i.imgur.com/eXJmFzp.png

nothing fancy, i just wanted the F-keys to be easily accessible with one hand, and i wanted arrow keys for both hands.
Tab is accessible for both hands as well, though the one on the left side is a bit less easy to reach.
there are also keys for controlling the mouse, but that's just in case..

i'm thinking of changing the right side, swapping L2 and RShift and changing the F layer accordingly.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 00:15:41 »
Here is what I have done with my Kishsaver. 

Top legends are base layer.
Middle legends are Layer one on toggle, K is Keypad keys
Bottom legends are layer 2 on a hold function key.  M keys are media

141438-0

Any thoughts?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 04:57:36 »
Dedicated arrows, and one of them huge?  That's crazy :))  I'd also make the media the same as arrows, but you surely have your reasons.   Other than that looking good, liking the split shift and enter.

Will post mine later, really should make it do everything first though...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod