Author Topic: Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:12/Sept/2024)  (Read 219369 times)

Offline Santodan

Re: Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:14/Dec/2023)
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 06:29:42 »
Hi guys,

I'm new into the mechanical keyboards and I'm from Portugal, so I'm also struggling to get a portuguese keycap kit for Portugal instead of Brazil, they are different.
So I was searching Aliexpress and I've found some shops, as usual. I've contact some and got a response from this shop that it seems that it is interested in creating the international kit from KromeKeyCaps.

Here is a print of the full message history with the shop on aliexpress:
306532-0

in case that you want to go and also request, maybe the shop would really create it, here is the link of the shop:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1102314780?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.270c6549QxuFAt

Don't know about the quality of the keys, but it is better than nothing.

Offline salgiza

I've just updated the list of AliExpress links (there seem to be a lot of sets with ES/BR/FR support right now), and added a link to this list of Spanish AliExpress sets (most of them also support FR & BR, and some also IT or PT): https://www.aliexpress.com/p/wishlist/shareReflux.html?groupId=xT3nTsu8r42Ax7qvyixXjCQ6%2BUhse63Zx3cZ%2FmLmuBg%3D

The list was shared to me via Discord, but I don't know who to give credit to. If you created it and read this, say hi here! (and thanks!)

P.S. In-stock sale of ePBT Creative Studio (IT/ES/PT/FR/BE) seems to be coming very soon!

Offline salgiza

New in-stock sets available this week, with ISO-ES and ISO-FR support:

https://eloquentclicks.com/products/gmk-cyl-black-snail
https://oblotzky.industries/products/kat-milkshake

Both are double-shot, the first one by GMK and the second one by Keyreative.

Offline Handke

Just a confirmation: no GMK groupbuy with italian layout, ever?

What can we do to convince designers to add the few italian keycaps to the NORDEUK addons?

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it

What can we do to convince designers to add the few italian keycaps to the NORDEUK addons?

I don't think GMK ever made the molds for the Italian layout, or am I wrong?

In any case, looking at the very low numbers of NORDEUK kits from the last few GB... I think it will be very difficult indeed.

The most likely scenario is to ask for the Italian layout at least for the dysub sets but in any case there must be an adequate request... and here in Italy there are very few of us who enjoy this hobby.
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline Handke

I don't think GMK ever made the molds for the Italian layout, or am I wrong?

In any case, looking at the very low numbers of NORDEUK kits from the last few GB... I think it will be very difficult indeed.

The most likely scenario is to ask for the Italian layout at least for the dysub sets but in any case there must be an adequate request... and here in Italy there are very few of us who enjoy this hobby.

GMK already has italian molds. Cherry and Olivetti have been made with that italian layout in the past (doubleshot GMK), I own some sets (probably 5 olivetti).

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
GMK already has italian molds. Cherry and Olivetti have been made with that italian layout in the past (doubleshot GMK), I own some sets (probably 5 olivetti).

You are definitely right! I forgot about the KBD 2812, my mistake.
However, I can't think of anything else from that moment on (early 90s).
Do you have other boards in mind?

Offline Handke

You are definitely right! I forgot about the KBD 2812, my mistake.
However, I can't think of anything else from that moment on (early 90s).
Do you have other boards in mind?

There were some cherry keyboards with italian gmk doubleshots.  From the same years of olivetti though.

Offline MrKarate

you guys can custom your own design spanish layout keycap at goblintechkeys. Their layout have the ñ and ç keys

Offline salgiza

The current (few) ES & FR sets have been thanks to EloquentClicks (they are based in Spain), who have been pushing (and betting) on them. From what I gather, they went with the ES & FR combination because currently they don't see enough demand for IT & PT sets.

It's a similar case with Delta Key (based in France). They are preparing to release ES/FR kits for doubleshot sets from PBT Fans (also a miracle).

Seeing the trend, your best bet would be to ask for interest in the Coffeekeys discord. They are based in Italy, and if someone might take the risk to release a kit that includes IT support (combined with whatever layout they decide), it would be them.

Offline salgiza

you guys can custom your own design spanish layout keycap at goblintechkeys. Their layout have the ñ and ç keys

Sure! Added to the list of vendors that offer customized keycaps.

Although a bit late, I've also added the preorder for ePBT Studio to the list of open preorders: https://keygem.com/products/epbt-creative-studio-keycap-set-pre-order

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
Seeing the trend, your best bet would be to ask for interest in the Coffeekeys discord. They are based in Italy, and if someone might take the risk to release a kit that includes IT support (combined with whatever layout they decide), it would be them.

Together with CoffeeKeys we tried the new sets from MonacoKeys - which offers an ANSI bundle with ItEsPt addon kit.

I'm not a big fan of international kits - or kits that bundle multiple languages ​​together (a lot of wasted, never-used plastic IMHO) - but it's safe to say that with a certain MOQ it might be possible to get something done.I know CoffeeKeys is thinking about it.

Offline salgiza

Re: Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:7/June/2024)
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 01 August 2024, 03:44:22 »
Together with CoffeeKeys we tried the new sets from MonacoKeys - which offers an ANSI bundle with ItEsPt addon kit.

I'm not a big fan of international kits - or kits that bundle multiple languages ​​together (a lot of wasted, never-used plastic IMHO) - but it's safe to say that with a certain MOQ it might be possible to get something done.I know CoffeeKeys is thinking about it.

Hey! The list was missing the set from MonacoKeys! (I googled it after I saw your message, I don't know it there is another one). Remember to mention it if a set is missing!  ;)

Offline salgiza

Re: Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:4/Sept/2024)
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 04 September 2024, 04:58:47 »
Just added GMK Evil Dolch (ES/FR) to the list of ICs. Slowly, but the availability of GMK sets with ES/FR support continues to grow (let's hope that at some point IT/PT get added to these kits).

Offline salgiza

Re: Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:12/Sept/2024)
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 12 September 2024, 05:32:03 »
I've just added Yuzu Keycaps to the list.

They offer customised sets and the keycaps are manufactured by Keyreative, so the quality should be quite good. They have templates for ES/PT/IT/FR and other layouts, so it's just a matter of choosing the layout, font, colours, and customising anything you might want to customise.