Author Topic: [IC] MW Commute | GB LIVE!  (Read 39544 times)

Offline Owl

Re: [IC] MW Commute | Korea vendor added, esc lab collab announced.
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 11:59:40 »
I haven't been compelled to comment on a keycap set in a very long time. This is absolutely fantastic. Everything is extremely well done.

Offline raijba

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 10:41:00 »
I have no idea if it's too late in the design process to implement something like this, but I'd really love to see an alt alphas kit that's the same color as the mods. I love the light orange on the cool/dark grey and to be able to put together a mod-colored monokit would be awesome.

I think alt-alphas would also increase the sales of accent spacebars because if I have a base kit, the accent bars are beautiful, but I'd be worried about the board being too busy with the added visual interest of accent bars. But in a mono-colored configuration, the accent bars wouldn't be competing with the light grey alphas for visual interest.

From a practical standpoint, I don't think the existence of alt-alphas would impact the ability to hit MOQ since both the 40s kit and the base kit already include alphas.

For the alt alphas themselves, my preference would be to have weeb sublegends, but I know that's kind of divisive. I think hiragana or katakana would fit thematically since you already have some Japanese inspiration on the deskmats and the idea of a city train morning commute to school is a common motif in anime and Japanese media. Moreover, visually I think the extra "busyness" of sublegends would be welcome in the more visually simple mono-colored configuration. Lastly, I would want to include num-pad alphas in the alt alphas kit so numpad builds could get in on the mono-colored colorway as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 November 2021, 10:49:26 by raijba »

Offline olihaimar

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 05:18:30 »
lovely comfy vibes <3 there goes another kidney for keycaps ;-;

Offline Biscuit

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 19 November 2021, 11:43:17 »
hot

Offline crystal

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 14:41:07 »
commute so cool

Offline acitrin

• https://acitrin.design/
Re: [IC] MW Commute | HIBI & Commute
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 19:03:19 »
Hey y'all,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately on our part. Today, though, I'm excited to share the HIBI & Commute collaboration: a 2.25u enter metal artisan.

Behind the scenes, we're finalizing some new collabs, kitting, and pricing. While we weren't able to address all the kitting feedback provided, we've been able to cover much of it. I'm hoping to be able to share all that - and more - in the coming weeks.

If you celebrate it, have a happy Thanksgiving. Regardless, have a great rest of your week!

Offline acitrin

Re: [IC] MW Commute | Moyu Studio Switches Collab
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 09:20:18 »
One more collab to share with y'all this morning: switches developed in collaboration with Moyu Studio! Check the OP for more information.  :)

Offline Dragonhunt

Re: [IC] MW Commute | Moyu Studio Switch Collab
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 12:01:46 »
Hey,

just found this IC.
The colours look really nice but I'm wondering whats going on with the International kit?
Atleast for ISO-DE i can say that there are quite a few legends and keys missing.
> < is missing |
Q is missing @
E is missing €
* + is missing ~
Just to name a few examples....

Look at the International kit from the currently running MW Alfheim.
All keys/legends are present there.
Are those keys going to be fixed and/or added?

Offline antx1701

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 02:55:57 »
Not familiar with MW, but I love the colors here. Not crazy about the novelties, though.

Offline Hakatype

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 01:39:21 »
Oh my god those switches... YES

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 01:56:11 »
such a wonderful set. Wish there were artisans that represents the beautiful sky instead of commuting

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 06:12:00 »
Love the HIBI cap!!

Offline Tweec

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 06:27:03 »
Both of the artisan looks incredible!

Offline whitewolf154

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 13:04:47 »
Love this set! If you can do a render on a navy keyboard (like navy Mr. suit or angle tkl), it would be much appreciated

Offline acitrin

Re: [IC] MW Commute | GB IN 3 DAYS | GB + Pricing Announced
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 10:27:40 »
Hey y'all!

Just a quick update to share US pricing and the GB date. As pricing and more information from the international vendors start to trickle in, I'll update here with that information. Updated kit renders should be available soon and will be posted in the OP.

Thanks, again, for your support. See you on December 10!

Offline acitrin

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 10:44:22 »
One more bump... finalized kits are now updated above!

Offline Tulesto

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 13:20:21 »
Really like the colors here! Might have to be my first MW set!
Sangeo/Suit/Spring/Angle/CW88/Mode80/Arc/Corsa/Swift65/Neko

Offline acitrin

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 20:01:10 »
Just wanted to respond to a handful of comments real quick:

Hey,

just found this IC.
The colours look really nice but I'm wondering whats going on with the International kit?
Atleast for ISO-DE i can say that there are quite a few legends and keys missing.
> < is missing |
Q is missing @
E is missing €
* + is missing ~
Just to name a few examples....

Look at the International kit from the currently running MW Alfheim.
All keys/legends are present there.
Are those keys going to be fixed and/or added?

Hi! As an aesthetic and cost-based measure, we've chosen to omit tertiary legends from Commute. Instead, we've added support for some more unique layouts,s like PT-PT. Sorry about that!

I really love the colors and the inspiration  :thumb: not a huge fan of the icon mods though, is there a chance for standard icon + text or even text mods kit? I'm not sure how mw moq works.

We consider a crucial part of Commute's design to be the icons used in the set. As such, we sadly won't be offering a textcon or text modifier kit.

I have no idea if it's too late in the design process to implement something like this, but I'd really love to see an alt alphas kit that's the same color as the mods. I love the light orange on the cool/dark grey and to be able to put together a mod-colored monokit would be awesome.

I think alt-alphas would also increase the sales of accent spacebars because if I have a base kit, the accent bars are beautiful, but I'd be worried about the board being too busy with the added visual interest of accent bars. But in a mono-colored configuration, the accent bars wouldn't be competing with the light grey alphas for visual interest.

From a practical standpoint, I don't think the existence of alt-alphas would impact the ability to hit MOQ since both the 40s kit and the base kit already include alphas.

For the alt alphas themselves, my preference would be to have weeb sublegends, but I know that's kind of divisive. I think hiragana or katakana would fit thematically since you already have some Japanese inspiration on the deskmats and the idea of a city train morning commute to school is a common motif in anime and Japanese media. Moreover, visually I think the extra "busyness" of sublegends would be welcome in the more visually simple mono-colored configuration. Lastly, I would want to include num-pad alphas in the alt alphas kit so numpad builds could get in on the mono-colored colorway as well.

Due to similarities with ePBT Night Market, we've opted to not offer a mono alpha kit. I'd encourage you to support Halo and their set :)

Thanks, everyone, for your support on the upcoming GB!

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 20:13:27 »
amazing pricing, best of luck with GB.  :thumb:

Offline psxndc

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 08:57:04 »
In for this per my comment above, but when is the expected ship date?
Ortho. Always.

Offline acitrin

Well, we're all but at the GB date. Just one more update with international pricing, in an amazing table made by the one and only MaxVoltar.

Offline acitrin

Re: [IC] MW Commute | GB LIVE!
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 12:58:26 »
Hey all,

The GB for MW Commute is now live in most regions, as is the Geekhack GB thread. I've put the links for the vendors that are live in the GB thread.

Thanks for your support of Commute as we went through IC... I hope to be able to share sales numbers with y'all soon :)

Find the GB thread at https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115587