geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

*** LIST OF CURRENTLY RUNNING COMMUNITY AND VENDOR GROUP BUYS ***

(1/24) > >>

Photoelectric:
As you know, the geekhack-maintained list of currently running Group Buys has been out of date for quite some time.  Thankfully, other community members have stepped up to create alternate resources for tracking Group Buys, some of which are linked below in no particular order.  Please note that these sites are not affiliated with geekhack in anyway - they are linked here solely for the benefit of the community.  That said, THANK YOU to the creators and all that help maintain the resources.  :thumb:

--> MechGroupBuys <----> KeycapLendar <--by eskimojo--> KeyCapSets <--by noudadrichem and Quadeppo/Ryan--> SLeeKeyboards <--(no updates after 2020)
And as always, we must remind users that all purchases made in the Group Buy format come with a hefty dose of risk, inherent to the process.  Remember...
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Please feel free to continue using this thread to discuss GBs, offer feedback, and to chime in if anything happens to the site linked above (I will not be checking in regularly to verify it's still up).  :)

Photoelectric:
If you notice that a group buy that is still open for orders is missing from this list, please add it in your reply to this thread.  It will be reviewed and added to the list.  After your recommendation is added to the list, your post will be removed to keep this a brief one-page summary.

infiniti:
'sounds good to me. We'll post a bump when the list is updated. :thumb:

Note to others editing this list: please delete the old bump before posting the new bump to keep things orderly.

CPTBadAss:
Yet another hidden gem on intelli78's blog Keychatter, he's got this really cool GB tracker. Might be a nice complement to this thread :)

http://www.keychatter.com/mechanical-keyboard-group-buy-tracker/

ideus:

--- Quote from: infiniti on Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:47:42 ---
--- Quote from: ideus on Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:52:49 ---
--- Quote from: Dihedral on Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:46:41 ---
--- Quote from: ideus on Fri, 27 March 2015, 12:44:57 ---
There are GB that are not taking orders anymore; because, they are in the fulfilling phase already. These links are not too useful for those looking for opportunities to get new things, that make most of the visitors to this thread; therefore, it would be good to remove them from the list, or place them into a category that informs that the GBs are not taking orders anymore. Having them along with the GB that are actively taking orders reduce the usefulness of this thread; people interested have to navigate to the reference just to find that the GB orders have been closed.

--- End quote ---

I don't think it's an issue. It's not a long list, and new stuff is shown by the tag. Maybe more tags for 'taking orders' or 'invoicing' or 'shipping'? I don't think it's an issue for them to still be in the list.

--- End quote ---

Exactly: is not an issue; but, it could be an useful future to have the GBs classified, or with the tag added, that sounds great as well.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing that out. :thumb: I've pruned the list of GBs that aren't taking orders.  Not sure if we'll add tags for invoicing and shipping since we want to keep this just for the GBs that are taking orders.  Should we add the ordering end dates though?

--- End quote ---

Keep it as simple as possible. You do more than enough by keeping this thread updated, already. Thank you very much.

End dates could be added at the time the link is registered in the list, and it will be required only once. But, of course, it is up to you. Again, we appreciate the hard work you are already doing in the benefit of the community.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version