geekhack Community > Input Devices

[Modding] CH Products Trackball PRO - BUSMOUSE to USB (Completed)

<< < (5/5)

ShivaYash:
OK so I have Omron Japan switches, but this means desoldering and resoldering. Which seems a little tricky.
Where is the best place to get these switches? In order to maintain the feel, should I switch out all switches, OR, if its not broke, don't fix it?

Tactile:

--- Quote from: ShivaYash on Fri, 16 March 2018, 10:56:07 ---OK so I have Omron Japan switches, but this means desoldering and resoldering. Which seems a little tricky.
Where is the best place to get these switches? In order to maintain the feel, should I switch out all switches, OR, if its not broke, don't fix it?

--- End quote ---

I'd replace all but I can't help as to sources for the switches in Europe.

At this point, if I were you, I'd start a new thread here with a title something like "Help replacing trackball switches in Europe". Ask your questions about soldering and also where to find the switches in Europe at a reasonable price. A lot more people will see your questions in that new thread than here.

ShivaYash:

--- Quote from: Tactile on Fri, 16 March 2018, 11:47:44 ---
--- Quote from: ShivaYash on Fri, 16 March 2018, 10:56:07 ---OK so I have Omron Japan switches, but this means desoldering and resoldering. Which seems a little tricky.

--- End quote ---

I'd replace all but I can't help as to sources for the switches in Europe.

At this point, if I were you, I'd start a new thread here with a title something like "Help replacing trackball switches in Europe". Ask your questions about soldering and also where to find the switches in Europe at a reasonable price. A lot more people will see your questions in that new thread than here.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice, however I have an update. I blew the circuit board clean with compressed air and suddenly the switch is now behaving itself... whilst I don't believe the issue has magically resolved itself, certainly for the moment, I have time to find a resolution; a competent person who I can trust to do this work. I'm in Berlin and there are some repair shops around, the problem is my German is almost nil. But I'll try my luck this weekend, and I will start a new thread as you have suggested. The Trackball Pro is a lovely thing, and its worth keeping it working.

With best wishes!
SY

gipetto:
does the faster polling rate on usb make a noticeable upgrade. maybe you have nothing to compare it to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version