Author Topic: Switch Layout Recommendations for Custom Phantom Keyboard  (Read 1271 times)

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
Switch Layout Recommendations for Custom Phantom Keyboard
« on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 21:43:40 »
Hey guys, it's me again

I need some input regarding my choices of switches and springs as well as their layout before I bite the bullet and build my Phantom.

Here is the spreadsheet with all the parts as well as my layout: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KAce0HEK-j7YVKhXSp72XnqouiLE-I4f_jyQF9BDvQs/edit?usp=sharing

(Green = Gateron Greens, Yellow = Gateron Yellows, White = Gateron Clears, S = Stock spring for respective switch, 62 = 62g spring)

My aim is to make a good keyboard that's around the same actuation as a standard keyboard, while having tactile feedback for the keys I usually press accidentally as well as the less frequently used ones.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Switch Layout Recommendations for Custom Phantom Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 22:03:13 »
I don't really understand the question, you are the only one who can say what keys you have trouble with etc.

It's all personal preference really. Some people like heavier mods and spacebar, some want the keys they press with their pinky to be lighter etc.

The great thing about the phantom is the plates usually allow for switch top removal so you can move things around until you find what you like.

And just an FYI you could have just edited your previous thread title and added this inquiry to the OP of that thread.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
Re: Switch Layout Recommendations for Custom Phantom Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 March 2017, 22:36:13 »
Thanks. I'll do that next time.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear