Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic: Installation & Quick Start Guide  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Deofol

Truly Ergonomic: Installation & Quick Start Guide
« on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 08:36:54 »
Received this email last night.

Installation & Quick Start Guide

If you received your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard without an installation guide, please go to our website (http://www.trulyergonomic.com/manual.html).

Easy steps to install your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard, and easy recommendations to better understand proper typing.

We wish you Happy Holidays and a Great New Year 2012.

Regards,
The Truly Ergonomic team

Offline Deofol

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 08:53:24 »
PDF seems pretty useful. Has all the key mappings.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 11:36:42 »
It has all the keymappings yes, but they are not correct, or at least that's not what I'm getting for some of them on my setup on OSX.  I'm going to go over them again today and see what happens.  Some of the other instructions in the manual are strange too, at least when it comes to the OSX end of things.

Also, and this has me very miffed, in the manual they are just pointing us to all kinds of third party software for key remapping.  No mention of the promised and still being advertised software from TE for this purpose.  That is a deal breaker for me if they don't come through with the software as promised and advertised for so long.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 16:33:56 »
Quote from: Gerk;474471
It has all the keymappings yes, but they are not correct, or at least that's not what I'm getting for some of them on my setup on OSX.  I'm going to go over them again today and see what happens.  Some of the other instructions in the manual are strange too, at least when it comes to the OSX end of things.

Also, and this has me very miffed, in the manual they are just pointing us to all kinds of third party software for key remapping.  No mention of the promised and still being advertised software from TE for this purpose.  That is a deal breaker for me if they don't come through with the software as promised and advertised for so long.

No it mentions it (at least the PDF I read this morning). They say its coming, and in the meantime you can try the third party stuff.

Marketing on the TE has been a disaster train wreck, water under the bridge ...
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 16:46:29 »
Quote from: Architect;474700
No it mentions it (at least the PDF I read this morning). They say its coming, and in the meantime you can try the third party stuff.

Marketing on the TE has been a disaster train wreck, water under the bridge ...

Ok I must have missed that part.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 16:53:33 »
I think the marketing of the TE has been effective, they've had an internet buzz going for 2 years, the name and pictures are everywhere, inserted in all sorts of areas relevant and not. There are several silly, clumsy, and fraudulent aspects (fake reviews) and lack of real presence. Overall he's got it 'out there' very well.

I disagree about 'water under the bridge', I don't believe it's ever ok to blow something with the idea you'll be forgiven later. As a matter of fact, I believe it should be highlighted and clearly illustrated so this unacceptable series of actions are not continued by TE or others.

No matter how good you are does not make up for your weaknesses. Ever.

Redemption shall be on TE's menu.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Architect

• TECK Lover
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 17:26:33 »
Quote from: input nirvana;474715
I think the marketing of the TE has been effective, they've had an internet buzz going for 2 years, the name and pictures are everywhere, inserted in all sorts of areas relevant and not. There are several silly, clumsy, and fraudulent aspects (fake reviews) and lack of real presence. Overall he's got it 'out there' very well.

I disagree about 'water under the bridge', I don't believe it's ever ok to blow something with the idea you'll be forgiven later. As a matter of fact, I believe it should be highlighted and clearly illustrated so this unacceptable series of actions are not continued by TE or others.

No matter how good you are does not make up for your weaknesses. Ever.

Redemption shall be on TE's menu.

I agree. It's been a good thing to watch from the sidelines, as in 'never do this'. I made the mistake on a product release once to send it out before it was ready, but watching these guys now I REALLY know not to ever, ever do that kind of product introduction. I've been a TE fan from the beginning (obviously) and even I'm getting disgusted by now ...
TECK 209 Blank Keys; Leopold Number Pad; X-Keys Professional; X-Keys 84.