Author Topic: [GB] Evil 80 (finished production)  (Read 89743 times)

Offline shadowrealmwarez

Re: [GB] Evil 80
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 14:35:26 »
I don’t understand this business model, for a big factory like EVE does he not have enough money to hire a project manager? It’s a per project quote, it’s not like 3-4 months is the standard quote for everything. GB runners ask for timeline quote per groupbuy. Should EVE estimate the quote accordingly every time with consideration to his on-going projects?

Moon, Mira, Evil-80, all delays because “too many projects” at the moment. The way this hobby treats that as an acceptable excuse is beyond my comprehension. It’s rude to the on-going customers and future customers

While I did not participate in the Evil 80 GB, I did participate in the Equal Mountain GB, it appears EVE prides himself/themselves on the work done, I don't think I have seen any poorly manufactured boards posted that have come from EVE. For me it's worth the wait, even if the timeline is skewed due to too many projects or similar, if the work is exceptional can you really complain?

Offline Delirious

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 15:08:39 »
I don’t understand this business model, for a big factory like EVE does he not have enough money to hire a project manager? It’s a per project quote, it’s not like 3-4 months is the standard quote for everything. GB runners ask for timeline quote per groupbuy. Should EVE estimate the quote accordingly every time with consideration to his on-going projects?

Moon, Mira, Evil-80, all delays because “too many projects” at the moment. The way this hobby treats that as an acceptable excuse is beyond my comprehension. It’s rude to the on-going customers and future customers

While I did not participate in the Evil 80 GB, I did participate in the Equal Mountain GB, it appears EVE prides himself/themselves on the work done, I don't think I have seen any poorly manufactured boards posted that have come from EVE. For me it's worth the wait, even if the timeline is skewed due to too many projects or similar, if the work is exceptional can you really complain?

This does not have anything to do with the quality of work. I partook in a lot of delayed GBs due to faulty parts (LZ-CLS, E1-V8,...). I am okay with delayed to fix corrections, but there is no correction to fix here, it is just EVE greedily takes on too much what he could not handle. He himself estimated the amount of time without factoring in his maximum capacity. It's like going to a restaurant that can handle 100 customers, but the owner is greedy. So at high traffic hours, the owner put out more tables and scrams more customers. Eventually he'll overwhelming the staffs and the service and food quality would go down. Know your capability

If EVE keeps doing this there will be a breaking point down the road. And when something breaks, not only you, as a customer, will have to wait for over-capacity, now there is more delay for fixes.

Sorry to bust your bubbles but this happened many times before in this hobbies. SA Godspeed, massive amount of China proxy orders are non-fulfilled, plus massive delays. Phantom GB 4 years ago on here, whitefiredragon deleted his account and ran away, overwhelmed with too many orders. Seth, 1 man gb runner and keyboard service, classified as a scammed for not fulfilling 2 on-going GBs. The last time we heard from Seth he auctioned off a Kmac on ebay that was supposedly commissioned to assemble by fellow GH member.

The point is I dont care if EVE estimated 3 months timeline, 6 months or even 1 year. You have to stick to that timeline if there's no ****ups, if there is ****ups, post pictures and I will wait. But you cant give me a timeline, and tell me it's going to be delay because whie manurfacting my order, he takes on more orders. Going back to that restauraunt example, it's rude to tell me I only need wait for 20mins for a table but it turns out to be an hour wait.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 22:53:46 »
Looking to let go of my spot. Sliver with Brass weight, tag and plate. Addon of grey coiled cable and extra polycarbonate plate/pcb combo. Pm me.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 01:55:10 »
Any updates with anodizing or and Pics?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 12:43:18 »
Any updates?

Offline superhot

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 03:16:54 »

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 23:31:08 »
It's nearing June any chance we will have any update?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:18:19 »
Any updates?

Offline mmontess

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:40:43 »

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:36:34 »
Show Image

Any new updates on this GB?

Offline mmontess

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:38:04 »
Show Image

Any new updates on this GB?

lol, bad memes aside. Seriously, an update would be nice!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 22:14:56 »
Bump

Offline superhot

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 05:57:10 »
I mean, even an announcement that things will be delayed would be nice

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:43:40 »
Yes Anything  :(

Offline gutsack

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 12:45:17 »
I know this GB is super delayed but if anyone wants to give up their gray kit, let me know.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 02:41:33 »
Hi everyone
Just helping  Eve to give you guys some update.
This keyboard is in anode shop and it will anoded really quick.
Here's some picture
197855-0197857-1197859-2

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 04:14:50 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline superhot

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 05:51:18 »
wow, thats looking really good!

thanks for the update

Offline cgrums

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 07:07:57 »
I'm looking to let go of my spot; silver case with brass plate. PM me.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 14:36:23 »
Hi everyone
Just helping  Eve to give you guys some update.
This keyboard is in anode shop and it will anoded really quick.
Here's some picture
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Thanks for the update really appreciate hearing something regarding this GB. Hope we get these by the end of June.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 02:01:08 »
I know this GB is super delayed but if anyone wants to give up their gray kit, let me know.

Also open to picking up someone's black spot. PM me.

Offline zl_ramiel

Re: [GB] Evil 80 (finished production)
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 03:24:42 »
EVE just informed me that most of the anodizing has been finished. Several blue cases need to be re-anodized as the colour is not as accurate as we wished. EVE confirmed they can ship all the aluminium and brass parts to us in the next week. Here are some photos of the finished cases.

We will do the QC again once we receive all the cases, even we have strong confidence that EVE will ship flawless parts to us.

I really appreciate all your patience as the shipping date comes so late. Please PM me if you want to change the shipping address.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 12:41:15 »
EVE just informed me that most of the anodizing has been finished. Several blue cases need to be re-anodized as the colour is not as accurate as we wished. EVE confirmed they can ship all the aluminium and brass parts to us in the next week. Here are some photos of the finished cases.

We will do the QC again once we receive all the cases, even we have strong confidence that EVE will ship flawless parts to us.

I really appreciate all your patience as the shipping date comes so late. Please PM me if you want to change the shipping address.
Awesome thanks for the update

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:07:20 »

ooooh, looks good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:32:32 »
Bump

Offline superhot

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 02:06:47 »

nice thanks <3

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 20:00:21 »
Bump

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 20:01:44 »
Bump

Why are you bumping? Little confused.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 20:03:35 »
Bump

Just to bring it to the front page.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 20:08:29 »
Bump

For what purpose?

GB is already closed, so doesn't need visibility.

Offline cgrums

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 09:49:29 »
Bump

Possibly because there's been very few  updates of status? The runner seems to have completely bailed. I support keeping this visible as a participant.
For what purpose?

GB is already closed, so doesn't need visibility.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 12:40:26 »
The runner seems to have completely bailed.

Are we reading the same thread?

Offline cgrums

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 12:57:47 »

I've yet to receive a PM reply from him so....yeah?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 13:01:10 »

I've yet to receive a PM reply from him so....yeah?

Odd, he was online today, posted here like a week ago and replied to my E-Mails a few days ago. Looks good from my end.

Offline mmontess

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 13:01:38 »
I got an email a week or two ago asking to confirm shipping but nothing since then

Offline titanium

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 15:17:51 »
looking to pick up anyone's spot, prefer blank/heart nameplate but no biggie on that since it's optional

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 16:32:14 »
I got an email a week or two ago asking to confirm shipping but nothing since then
Got the email as well but nothing new as of yet.

Offline superhot

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 17:56:12 »
This might be a stupid question but does anybody know if the PCB is some kind of standard size? (e.g. a.87)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:26:47 »
This might be a stupid question but does anybody know if the PCB is some kind of standard size? (e.g. a.87)

the connector won't work with standard PCBs
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 11:43:46 »
Any new information regarding shipping?

Offline zl_ramiel

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 02:46:01 »
  • EVE told me all the production has been finished but they then realized that they missed the brass nameplates
  • EVE promised to ship kits to us "in the next week" on June 18. We haven't received any kits from them until now. After several times of communication, they finally agree to ship a part of kits to us by today.
  • As the 180 days PayPal protection is approaching, buyers can request a refund and reinvoice if you're afraid of scams.

Offline superhot

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 05:50:58 »

According to the pictures on the Evil-80 Taobabo page it looks like they are using a JST-PH connector

So, if i find a PCB that fits the case and plate in terms of dimensions AND has afromentioned connector, i should be able to make it work if i am not mistaken
Please correct me if i'm wrong tho!

I am hoping that the lfk tlk fits dimension-wise

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 05:58:58 »

According to the pictures on the Evil-80 Taobabo page it looks like they are using a JST-PH connector

Show Image

So, if i find a PCB that fits the case and plate in terms of dimensions AND has afromentioned connector, i should be able to make it work if i am not mistaken
Please correct me if i'm wrong tho!

I am hoping that the lfk tlk fits dimension-wise

Don’t know about lfk, but b.87 seems to have what you need to use that connector. Don’t know if size would work though.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 13:57:44 »
  • EVE told me all the production has been finished but they then realized that they missed the brass nameplates
  • EVE promised to ship kits to us "in the next week" on June 18. We haven't received any kits from them until now. After several times of communication, they finally agree to ship a part of kits to us by today.
  • As the 180 days PayPal protection is approaching, buyers can request a refund and reinvoice if you're afraid of scams.
Thanks for the update hopefully we can get this kit by the end of July.    ;D
Is there a better way to reach you? I have sent a couple PM's regarding a extra cable if possible but i have not heard anything from you and I fear that if some one does want to reinvoice they may have trouble connecting with you.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 15:53:15 by JubJubCity »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 18:41:11 »
Do we have an update? :)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 22:41:32 »
When will these start shipping to the GB members?

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 00:10:20 »
Evil65 when

Offline mmontess

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 00:15:50 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 22:44:38 »

Offline zl_ramiel

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 06:53:11 »
Update:

We have received all the cases from EVE. It has been delayed for various reasons in manufacturing. I hope I could do more but I didn't have contact with the manufacturer. Now it's finally under our control. The shipping should be started in one week.