Author Topic: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(GB Jan 1st)  (Read 15777 times)

Offline Escabrera

Introducing the GetawayVan

IC Form 2:https://forms.gle/84qgN98UcmLjgdWx7
https://forms.gle/ac7dY78GttzaFwf47

I got tired of waiting for van pcbs so may as well make it myself, therefore the GetawayVan is a drop-in minivan compatible pcb that features:
-Allpcb Manufacturing as they do my silks oh so pretty
-An ARM microcontroller
-Usb Type C
-ESD Protection
-Per key addressable rgb
-Alps support
-Solderable for those that dislike the current hotswap options
-multiple layouts for those that want split bars, big bars or a symmetrical look

Currently with Campsite in the horizon I have no plans to do an Aluminum case but I do certainly want to support it once plate files are available as this board is what will end up going there for sure. However I do plan to sell some 3d printed cases just like what I run daily as well as shill P3D's minivan case as to not overwhelm my own printing capacity.

The board has been my daily driver for the last few weeks and overall I feel confident in that if you want a van layout now this should be what you are looking at.

KLE

Future Additions/Revisions
-Adding 1.5u to the 1.25u placement
-Adding led pinout to the pcb
-General fixes I missed making the board
-Will swap the inkiing silk screen out for something I can sell in GB

Contact Forms
You can fill out the IC to be put into the email loop or you can Join the 40% Discord to get all my up to date ramblings in the #getawayvan IC channel https://discord.gg/XBPmZXR

Wanna Shill my Stuff around here?
Look no further as you can now put this masterpiece of a silk as a banner here on GH
Code: [Select]
[url=https://discord.gg/XBPmZXR][img width=384 height=120]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/746117506556625046/752061430974513242/getawaybanner.png[/img][/url]
Special Thanks
Thanks to Taylor/KnoblesseOblige for answering all my stupid questions
Chaos and vitrol_drinker for buying the mini-e leds i was too lazy to get
40s discord for enabling my stupid ideas
Alas for giving me the symmetrical bottom row idea
and The gimp team for making it brain dead to make stupid silks

UPDATES
-11/02/2020
-IC posted
-edited the KLE for clarity sake(thanks dededecline)
-11/03/2020
-we hit 50 responses in the IC
11/11/2020
-69 responses nice and new ic incoming
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2020, 14:00:22 by Escabrera »

Offline fcoury

Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:01:18 »
Love the idea, I'm in!

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:01:47 »
Reserved
edit:well ****

edit3:The time the gb starts is tommorrow at 12pm pst so make sure to pass by the 40s discord and join the getawayvan role to get notified the second it drops

edit2 may as well use this place for the big update
Big Announcement Time

-GB date is set New Years(Jan 1st, time is to be decided on discord later on)

-GB Setup
-hosted through google form, with hand invoicing after the gb closes
-Shipping will be handled by extra invoices since that way i can more accurately charge everyone
-1st pcb+plate is 40
-extra pcbs 40(limit of 2 extras)
-extra plates are 10usd for any of the layouts w/ no number limits(split space, wkl or 7u sym)
-checkbox for Campsite Full PC plates(hopefully won't get invoiced until after confirmation of getting a campsite spot but that will be 40usd)

-3dp cases are gonna be hard limited to 25
-40 for foam, standoffs, screws, bumpons and one of the colors bought out (colors are atomic ruby red, reflow rpetg coral, nautical blue and mint, and overture clear, esun gray)

-The hot topic:Campsite plates
 -I’ll host a small ic/gb in the gb form as this way I can get walletburner to cut PC full plates for us given we have the numbers(this is also means we get much cleaner plates since they
  aren’t universal so everyone thank wb for giving us this option)
 -Do note that this will be committal if you make it into campsite gb
 -Plan is to invoice around the same time as campsite
 -I need 10 people or at the very least 9 orders and i'll try and buy out if need be
 -I’d hate for someone to be left with a useless plate so that's why I am doing stuff the way I am
 -I still need to work out the logistics with wb since other than the getting 10 orders onboard I haven’t gotten much more detail

-Rev 3 protos should get here by next week(23rd or so) and they should just be flash and play since there isn't really anything changed from rev2 sans the necessary changes.

-Given that we have more than 75 people following the ic and more than that in boards sold because of double/triple dipping, I’m expecting there are going to be people that don’t make it in. And that is who this announcement is for, Hopefully I can keep a close timeline to campsite for shipping bare pcbs and then i'll do the case orders as I get them done now that I have my printer pretty much set up for back to back prints in my room hopefully that doesn't add the 30 day offset to those orders. But anyways back to Round 2 talks, if everything goes according to plan(knock on wood) and I am finished by the time campsite is done or about to ship. That’s when I’ll host a round 2 with fr4 campsite plates and extra pcbs

Tldr if i keep a timeline close to campsite and plate files are available i'll run round 2 with fr4 campsite plates and extra pcbs otherwise the timeline for all this is hopefully to have everything finished by the time campsite is starting to ship or a bit earlier with 3dp cases however longer to print

Last but not least the P3D collab you weren’t expecting(at least not like this)
-He will be making GetawayVan specific pages so it's easy to get a top mount case with the best van layout(plates will only be the materials he cuts for top mount since i don't want to
 deal with yet another fr4 setup).
-The case will be linked in the GB form so go give him money when the time comes.
-There have been talks of blockered cases for the specific layouts but that still hasn’t solidified just yet so maybe look out for that.
-Side note but he does have the squids file so maybe just maybe he’ll have the etch option at an additional cost for his acrylic panels.

Best of luck to those that try to get in when the time comes and once again the best way to not miss out on the GB is to follow the project in the 40s discord discord.gg/40percent and get the GetawayVan role ?rank GetawayVan in Bot Shenanigans. Besides that I guess filling out the ic form 2 to get into the mail list but that won't be as high a priority but still higher than gb gh post lol.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2021, 01:39:19 by Escabrera »

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:01:55 »
I love the pcb art

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:15:05 »
This is so damn cute and I love everything about it. Thank you for thinking of the Van kids.

Offline NotYeMK

• I will yeet your keyboard
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:19:55 »
I just honestly want this, purely for the design.

Offline dingusxmcgee

[IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:24:11 »
Please consider minivan support for this keyset. Thanks!

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:35:30 »
Please consider minivan support for this keyset. Thanks!
Sorry no can do, due to previous drama supporting that one specific board brings me great pain. Maybe next time :0

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:36:35 »
I love the pcb art

I just honestly want this, purely for the design.

Thanks, I like making dumb silk screens so im happy to see that others enjoy it too

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:53:29 »
I need to source some clear switches and keycaps to let that beautiful silk screen come through

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 18:02:59 »
100% in for 1 pcb, but most likely will buy 2

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 00:20:57 »
And just like that, I've got campsite on my sights. soldier76noises

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 11:21:14 »
Interested, any plans for an alternate layout option to the default backspace layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 12:29:59 »
Interested, any plans for an alternate layout option to the default backspace layout?

are you asking about 1u and an encoder instead of 1.75? i've been thinking about it but it depends how much id have to end up re routing/my laziness in general vs how much i want it.

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 22:00:53 »
love the 1.5 mod. :D

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 22:33:33 »

are you asking about 1u and an encoder instead of 1.75? i've been thinking about it but it depends how much id have to end up re routing/my laziness in general vs how much i want it.
Yes, correct, or even 2  1Us as a 1.75U alternative.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 12:49:35 »

pretty sure 2 1us is impossible but ill see about the encoder depending on how much work it is.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 21:17:25 »

pretty sure 2 1us is impossible but ill see about the encoder depending on how much work it is.
Understood & I’m still interested!!!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 21:33:09 »
Currently with Campsite in the horizon I have no plans to do an Aluminum case but I do certainly want to support it once plate files are available as this board is what will end up going there for sure.

Pardon me, but does this mean the Campsite plates won't be compatible with the GetawayVan? I assumed they would be, since both ICs are based on the same old Van PCB.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 22:12:57 »
Currently with Campsite in the horizon I have no plans to do an Aluminum case but I do certainly want to support it once plate files are available as this board is what will end up going there for sure.

Pardon me, but does this mean the Campsite plates won't be compatible with the GetawayVan? I assumed they would be, since both ICs are based on the same old Van PCB.

different layouts, mine changes the bottom row to be 1 1.25 1 (fixes where the spacebar split is because my fingers go to the middle of b and regular mv is eh on that front) instead of 4 1us or the other basic van layouts, also the 7u symmetrical layout is for sure not gonna be supported. its just a matter of modifying the plate files wallet is gonna release after the gb ships to do the layouts we want and then it will be fine. Dimensions wise and the usb port it should be the exact same as any other minivan evan has made just that the way campsite works it really needs the proper plates to use it. I could probably chop up a pc half plate but i wouldnt want most people to have to do that.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 02:01:44 »
bump to say that we got 69 responses and that a new ic is incoming in the morning since its 12am currently and i have a good idea of what else i need to touch up on as well as ask about the new silk screen posibility

a preview

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 15:02:39 »
New IC FORM time
https://forms.gle/ac7dY78GttzaFwf47

Also some announcements
-75 board cap(expecting people to double and maybe triple dip so its not that much more resource intensive)
-R1 will be an 100 piece order of pcbs fully built so expect extras and if you still miss that I may do another round closer to when campsite ships(since its looking like ill be handling campsite plates closer to that date but its still up in the air)
-hard cap of 30 cases but want to keep it much much closer to 20(seriously give jake/p3d your money)
-R1 will be hosted late november or december, need to get the fixed proto pcb to me before taking any money as well as seeing how the whole mcu shortage plays out by then
-actually i need to make sure the shortage wont affect us since i dont want to solder a bunch of mcus if it goes bad

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(New IC)
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 17:52:53 »
Just filled out your IC, in for at least 2 if I can & my fingers are crossed for an inkling PCB or 2... I love SPLATOON 2!!!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 06:16:20 »
bump to say that we got 69 responses

Nice. Filled in the new IC btw.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 16:52:58 »
Back to 50 replies on IC2 so time for another update
-probably gonna stick with inkling silk given the form
-planned case colors are gonna be atomic ruby red, reflow rpetg coral and mint, and overture clear
-gb will have up to 3 board option(but do note that if i oversell by a bit somehow you may be downgraded to a 2 board order in the invoicing)
-pricing is gonna be under 40 still duh(current very rough numbers show that i can probably do 35 but i may just see how an fr4 plate being included as well as shipping materials will affect that since they should still be cheap)
-split space is very very popular so that should only make the plates even cheaper
-and also i want to do a squid pattern mask on the fr4 plates but i need to stop being lazy about that since the plate dxfs are done
-rev2 pcbs are done(sans new silk/mask) and Ill order when i order protos for someone else's project as well as finish the plates and their masking4
-GB extras(plates and such) pricing are still up in the air and im a bit wishy washy about how i want to handle shipping costs
-I still need to figure out shipping material usage+actual shipping cost and where to add it(maybe just do flat 10 for na and 20 eu but if you have any suggestions feel free to drop them here but i do need to figure out the eu pricing for sure since thats a bit more randomish)

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 09:24:48 »
-GB extras(plates and such) pricing are still up in the air and im a bit wishy washy about how i want to handle shipping costs

An option I'm willing to do: pay for the pcb and the plate, willing to wait for both to be shipped together. Not sure if that will help with costs though?

-I still need to figure out shipping material usage+actual shipping cost and where to add it(maybe just do flat 10 for na and 20 eu but if you have any suggestions feel free to drop them here but i do need to figure out the eu pricing for sure since thats a bit more randomish)

nervously laughs in Asian

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 12:10:35 »

An option I'm willing to do: pay for the pcb and the plate, willing to wait for both to be shipped together. Not sure if that will help with costs though?

don't worry shipping to asia shouldn't be too different and we can figure something out but yeah i think ill end up doing shipping as an extra invoice so that way I can really keep that aspect as reasonable as i can for myself when more stuff is bought since I just don't have the international knowhow just yet

as to campsite, walletburner did reach out to me recently so hopefully something does come out of it to get a lot of the pressure off me holding the plates for too long since boards will  be in hand by the time i have those plate files.

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 00:12:53 »
Didn't think that I would see Uzaki-Chan on anything keeb related but here we are.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 13:47:35 »
Didn't think that I would see Uzaki-Chan on anything keeb related but here we are.
Only in the proto Pcbs since it seemed fitting, final silks is gonna be posted in a tad since a lot of progress has popped up

Offline Escabrera

Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(New Protos Ordered)
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 14:03:43 »
Announcement Time
1) r2 Protos are ordered so gb date will come when i have those in hand and tested
2) GB Silks are done

3) Plates will be pretty too

4) maybe getawayvan plates in campsite since walletburner has reached out to me(do note nothing is currently set in stone just yet)
5) some repeats for those that missed the first time around
-planned case colors are gonna be atomic ruby red, reflow rpetg coral and mint, and overture clear
-pricing is gonna be under 40, 75 pcb limit
-regardless of if we get supported by walletburner(bless) in the campsite gb I'll be hosting a second gb for the campsite fr4 plates+some pcbs around the time for shipping for those that missed out/want more since some people will likely want that option since fr4 is nice

i should probably update the main post now that stuff has been mostly figured out but still fill out that ic if you want to be notified when stuff happens, now to send out that email

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(New Protos Ordered)
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 22:01:15 »
I’m fine w/ 2 PCBs & plates. Don’t want a campsite case, so interested in any other case options [mention]Escabrera [/mention]

Offline Escabrera

Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(New Protos Ordered)
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 16:53:53 »
Update time

GB Setup:
-Shipping will be handled by extra invoices since that way i can more accurately charge everyone
-1st pcb+plate is 40
-extra plates are 10 for any of the layouts(split space, wkl or 7u sym)

-3dp cases are gonna be hard limited to 25 since i still need to figure out the printing situation cuz Christmas is coming and my space is still gonna be gone(ill figure it out before the gb date)

-40 for foam, standoffs, screws, bumpons and one of the colors bought out (colors are atomic ruby red, reflow rpetg coral, nautical blue and mint, and overture clear, esun gray)

-Some people are for sure not gonna be able to make it into the initial run but do keep in mind I plan on at least doing another run of this before campsite ships and ill have a couple of extras after the fact
-if you for sure want in camp here in the discord the day announced since reddit will be only if i have slots open still and gh will be a bit later since they need to approve there
-so now i think all i need to do is wait for protos(this friday 11/27) and build those to make sure im not missing anything there and get the protos out to the people that are waiting

I still need to figure out the mcu sourcing since allpcb just sent an email about stock being nonexistant, go figure, so ill need to see if I can work something out so the boards can be ran otherwise this gb will have to be postponed until further notice.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 23:27:55 »
Thanks for the update Mr. GBrunner man. Will you get a GB ETA once you figure out where you're gonna source out the MCUs?

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 13:20:08 »
<anxiously awaits news about PCB's>

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 19:39:42 »
Same here!

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 22:08:42 »

tldr need to get the pcb rewired for the 303 family as 072s are gone, dont have the time for it but should be easy enough(couple extra components that i have the space for) and the soft launch date of the 15th is gone. The jlc pcbs came out great but i have yet to make a working board because getting the mcu placement is hard apparently. Will do the fixes and open up a small run for those in the discord because im tired of hand soldering and put even more money into protos sucks so may as well fund it that way since all that is missing then is usb and leds which i have enough of.

tldr of tldr stuff is out of stock and i need to rework 2 of my projects to order assembled protos since im sick of handsoldering, but for that i need time so slower progress there and ill probably do that once i dont have a ton of school stuff due next week

heres plates+new silk images

this is just pcbs with both sides being shown

and 7u plate filled out

the yellow came out sick so im probably gonna see if i can get some of those built in the order of 100 for gb but for now I need to have the time to work on kicad stuff, the time to test the handsoldered protos while not messing the rest of my limited supplies(f042s) and the time that a finals student needs so this very definitely is taking a back burner so if not dec 15th ill try and aim for a new years gb at the latest as soon as i can confirm the new protos work.

Offline lush_bunny

Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(Protos received)
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 18:14:23 »
That yellow came out sick indeed!

Question about the 3D-printed cases, will yours come out the same as the one in the P3d Store? And if one were to buy from the P3d Store, will your plates fit their boards? I assume this is them btw: https://p3dstore.com/products/minivan-3dp-keyboard-case-2

also, just saw the discord link and it's expired :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 18:43:48 by lush_bunny »

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 18:23:36 »

tldr need to get the pcb rewired for the 303 family as 072s are gone, dont have the time for it but should be easy enough(couple extra components that i have the space for) and the soft launch date of the 15th is gone. The jlc pcbs came out great but i have yet to make a working board because getting the mcu placement is hard apparently. Will do the fixes and open up a small run for those in the discord because im tired of hand soldering and put even more money into protos sucks so may as well fund it that way since all that is missing then is usb and leds which i have enough of.

tldr of tldr stuff is out of stock and i need to rework 2 of my projects to order assembled protos since im sick of handsoldering, but for that i need time so slower progress there and ill probably do that once i dont have a ton of school stuff due next week

Show Image

Show Image

and 7u plate filled out
Show Image

the yellow came out sick so im probably gonna see if i can get some of those built in the order of 100 for gb but for now I need to have the time to work on kicad stuff, the time to test the handsoldered protos while not messing the rest of my limited supplies(f042s) and the time that a finals student needs so this very definitely is taking a back burner so if not dec 15th ill try and aim for a new years gb at the latest as soon as i can confirm the new protos work.

Righteous.
Get that school work done and I'll see you in discord.
That yellow is sick.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 20:30:37 »
Will the FR4 plates work with the original plastic Minivan case and is there any chance we can buy just the plate?

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 20:32:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

and 7u plate filled out
Show Image

Righteous.
Get that school work done and I'll see you in discord.
That yellow is sick.

Alright thats mostly all over and done with sans sending back stuff and a paper due tommorow but thats easy

That yellow came out sick indeed!

Question about the 3D-printed cases, will yours come out the same as the one in the P3d Store? And if one were to buy from the P3d Store, will your plates fit their boards? I assume this is them btw: https://p3dstore.com/products/minivan-3dp-keyboard-case-2

also, just saw the discord link and it's expired :(

So the thing about that is that if its the drop in case it will work with gb plates yes, if it is the top mount case then you can ask him for getawayvan specific ones as he has all the files now and yes that is jake/p3d. Mine are a much much simpler outer bezel so its a different aesthetic so thats why i put them at a bit cheaper but ultimately tell people to give him money since he has the kind of headroom to do gb order numbers and does good stuff, as to the invite discord.gg/40percent should always work and i need to update those other ones.

Will the FR4 plates work with the original plastic Minivan case and is there any chance we can buy just the plate?

these plates will work with the minivan cases yes but there is no real point in getting just the plates as my bottom row is different and wont work with any other pcbs mainly cuz of where the spacebars end up.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 20:47:25 »
Update time

School is pretty much wrapped up and im a free man now, just did a very small gb(4 slots of jlc built boards), and will be ordering them today or tomorrow mostly depending on another project

Built rev 2 yesterday and everything came out perfect sans the mounting holes got deleted by accident. But thats where the next announcement comes in: Jake/P3D has the files for their top mount plates with getaway layouts so there should be a store page to get those directly.

So rev 3 adds back the holes and adds the extra components since 042/072 chips dont exist right now and GB will use a 303 replacement.

GB is very obviously pushed back so fill out this strawpoll of whether you want the gb as soon as possible or Jan 1st https://www.strawpoll.me/42272503

Printer is back in working order just need to tune it a bit and get more flexible plates in time for everything happening
Besides that campsite plates in the campsite gb is still being decided by walletburner so hopefully I can figure it out soonish to word best the gb

Regardless he did say that if we have 10 people that want a specific plate he can have it done just that i need to figure out the logistics of it all before I go that route

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(Final Protos Incoming)
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 01:16:56 »
I like what I see; filled out strawpoll & I’ll be in for 1/21 GB!!

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2020, 22:58:32 by William_S_Jones »

Offline Escabrera

Big Announcement Time

-GB date is set New Years(Jan 1st, time is to be decided on discord later on)

-GB Setup
-1st pcb+plate is 40
-extra plates are 10usd for any of the layouts w/ no number limits(split space, wkl or 7u sym)
-checkbox for Campsite Full PC plates(hopefully won't get invoiced until after confirmation of getting a campsite spot but that will be 40usd)

-3dp cases are gonna be hard limited to 25

-The hot topic:Campsite plates
 -I’ll host a small ic/gb in the gb form as this way I can get walletburner to cut PC full plates for us given we have the numbers(this is also means we get much cleaner plates since they
  aren’t universal so everyone thank wb for giving us this option)
 -Do note that this will be committal if you make it into campsite gb
 -Plan is to invoice around the same time as campsite
 -I need 10 people or at the very least 9 orders and i'll try and buy out if need be
 -I’d hate for someone to be left with a useless plate so that's why I am doing stuff the way I am
 -I still need to work out the logistics with wb since other than the getting 10 orders onboard I haven’t gotten much more detail

-Rev 3 protos should get here by next week(23rd or so) and they should just be flash and play since there isn't really anything changed from rev2 sans the necessary changes.

-Given that we have more than 75 people following the ic and more than that in boards sold because of double/triple dipping, I’m expecting there are going to be people that don’t make it in. And that is who this announcement is for, Hopefully I can keep a close timeline to campsite for shipping bare pcbs and then i'll do the case orders as I get them done now that I have my printer pretty much set up for back to back prints in my room hopefully that doesn't add the 30 day offset to those orders. But anyways back to Round 2 talks, if everything goes according to plan(knock on wood) and I am finished by the time campsite is done or about to ship. That’s when I’ll host a round 2 with fr4 campsite plates and extra pcbs

Tldr if i keep a timeline close to campsite and plate files are available i'll run round 2 with fr4 campsite plates and extra pcbs otherwise the timeline for all this is hopefully to have everything finished by the time campsite is starting to ship or a bit earlier with 3dp cases however longer to print

Last but not least the P3D collab you weren’t expecting(at least not like this)
-He will be making GetawayVan specific pages so it's easy to get a top mount case with the best van layout(plates will only be the materials he cuts for top mount since i don't want to
 deal with yet another fr4 setup).
-The case will be linked in the GB form so go give him money when the time comes.
-There have been talks of blockered cases for the specific layouts but that still hasn’t solidified just yet so maybe look out for that.
-Side note but he does have the squids file so maybe just maybe he’ll have the etch option at an additional cost for his acrylic panels.

Best of luck to those that try to get in when the time comes and once again the best way to not miss out on the GB is to follow the project in the 40s discord discord.gg/40percent and get the GetawayVan role ?rank GetawayVan in Bot Shenanigans. Besides that I guess filling out the ic form 2 to get into the mail list but that won't be as high a priority but still higher than gb gh post lol.

Offline smshark

Re: [IC] GetawayVan, A drop in perkey rgb minivan replacement(GB Jan 1st)
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 23:25:35 »
Just for clarity for those who don’t use discord (aka me 2 months ago) - the default pcb/fr4 plate will work with the P3D tray mount case, correct? Thanks btw for giving buyers have a few 3D-print options as well as working with WB to make campsite an option  :thumb:

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 02:34:20 »
Just for clarity for those who don’t use discord (aka me 2 months ago) - the default pcb/fr4 plate will work with the P3D tray mount case, correct? Thanks btw for giving buyers have a few 3D-print options as well as working with WB to make campsite an option  :thumb:
[/quote

I'd get on that asap since Jake told me he is going to be retiring the option soon but yes that case uses the pcb mounting points so the default plate lets you access those screws to use them.

Offline smshark

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 12:33:35 »
Thanks for the heads up! Hoping to get in on R1 and go from there

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 01:25:02 »
The time the gb starts is tommorrow at 12pm pst so make sure to pass by the 40s discord and join the getawayvan role to get notified the second it drops
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2021, 01:38:43 by Escabrera »

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 15:34:18 »
Oh yeah gb is currently live and future updates will go on this thread instead https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110447.0