Author Topic: Gazzew Bobagums Switch Review  (Read 12966 times)

Offline Dunne

• Dunne
Gazzew Bobagums Switch Review
« on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 02:13:58 »

Hey guys,

I thought I would drop a spec sheet and a review on Gazzew's Bobagums (Silent Linears manufactured by Outemu) for people who are curious about this switch or perhaps want to buy some.

Specification

Manufacturer: Outemu
Type: Silent Linear
Spring Weights: 52Gs / 62Gs / 68Gs (+13 Bottom out Force) -
Springs: Stainless Steel from Korea (supposedly)
Housing Material: Unknown/Custom Plastic Mixture
Factory unlubed housing but leaf inner is lightly lubed
Price point: 6-8USD varied based on regional vendors (have a look at their vendor list: https://www.gazzew.com/)
Color: Well it's light pin and pinky pink so yeah

Review

From first impressions the switch is a bit of an eye soar with its aggressive tones of pale pink for its housing and almost neon florescent pink stem. However, looks can be deceiving as these completely changed my perspective on silent linears. Having tried out a switch tester of different silent linears I was pleasantly surprised that there was near to no scratch in its stock form; better yet it was extremely tight and felt as if it didn't need any modifications to it. I still however lubed them to lower the pitch and was pleasantly surprised by the minor tweak.

I've thrown them into my Unikorn to see how they fair on an O-ring gummy mount for the past week and personally, I'm not a fan of them as much as when they were on a a stiffer board but they do feel incredibly smooth, premium and high quality nonetheless. I can safely say that you can consider these "endgame silent linears" in some tweaked builds.

Outemu/Gazzew really pushed through to make a rather competitive silent linear.

Based on my own personal preferences (this is solely my opinion and I like lighter springs and non-silent switches) I would love them to make some standard linears with this housing material and have a spring weight that's somewhere in between 52 - 62gs.

TL:DR - if you want your last ever silent linear, get these. If you like hearing your switches, don't get these.

Offline azzipa

Re: Gazzew Bobagums Switch Review
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 22:51:21 »
Based on my own personal preferences (this is solely my opinion and I like lighter springs and non-silent switches) I would love them to make some standard linears with this housing material and have a spring weight that's somewhere in between 52 - 62gs.

i'm confused: since bobagums are available in 52g and 62g is this comment to say that you would like them to be NON-silenced? as a follow-up question, do these otherwise meet your needs as a very usable linear?

i'd love to see a discussion about bobagums vs. gat ink black silents. haven't really found anybody comparing the two. but i may be off-base thinking these are somewhat comparable?

Offline derpdederp

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 12:25:31 »
Curious how they feel vs durock switches. Are they mushy?

Offline Avi_

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 03:34:14 »
They are mushy, but reasonably so, for silent switches.

Bobagums are universally praised, but they were a big disappointment for me. Not because they are so bad, but because of the difference between expectations and reality. I own U4 and U4t, and love both. I expected Bobagums to give me about the same level of enjoyment. They turned out to have very little travel, and most importantly, they produce high pitched noise when you barely touch the keycaps. I still decided to keep them, but they are among my least favorite switches, from those I consider worth keeping. I definitely prefer Cherry MX Silent Red.