Author Topic: Mode Eighty review  (Read 15009 times)

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
Mode Eighty review
« on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 15:55:36 »
There's been a fair amount of coverage out there about the Mode Eighty, but here's my in-depth written review on it! In a little over 4,000 words, I focus on the design, dive into the semi-controversial "stack-mount" system, and experiment with a variety of plate options (including FR4, PC, alu, and brass).

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the Mode Eighty or any feedback on my review! Thank you!

Review Link - https://materialjournal.com/blog/mode-eighty-review

Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: Mode Eighty review
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 12:19:41 »
Great review, I love the detailed photos and descriptions. This is exactly the kind of content that people who are serious about buying good keyboards benefit from the most.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 19:48:00 »
Great review, I love the detailed photos and descriptions. This is exactly the kind of content that people who are serious about buying good keyboards benefit from the most.

Thank you for taking the time to check out my review - glad to hear that the content is helpful! :)
Publishing content on deliberate materialism at Material Journal. Can also be found on Instagram @jasontsay.

Offline Engedi_

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 22:28:34 »
I appreciate the review. I had a feeling that this board had a different sound signature compared other boards and you described well what I think I would expect from it based on youtube videos and other comments.
So, in the end, I will definitely get one, as I love the aesthetics and the sound is just enough and not too loud to the ears.

Offline jasontsay

• Material Journal
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 19:56:46 »
I appreciate the review. I had a feeling that this board had a different sound signature compared other boards and you described well what I think I would expect from it based on youtube videos and other comments.
So, in the end, I will definitely get one, as I love the aesthetics and the sound is just enough and not too loud to the ears.

Thank you for reading!

Offline grayboards

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 22:43:55 »
very nice, i like your website

Offline kahlilnc

• KNC Keys LLC
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 22:50:10 »
I love your website! Very nice review, enjoyed the read. I was thinking about snagging one for my self but I only want one of each layout. My current TKL is the Mr. Suit and I am loving it.

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 03:16:33 »
Nice job!

I didn't know about your website, I immediately added it to my feed list  :cool:
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»