Author Topic: [GB] GMK ART - GB ended  (Read 98261 times)

Offline Afresh

Re: [GB] GMK ART - GB ended
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 07:39:09 »
All colors got approved. Waiting for production.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 10:16:22 »
Despite the efforts and initially positive interactions with Mechs & Co regarding getting GMK Terror Below, GMK Art, and MW Heresy sets shipped out, communication has stopped. At this moment there's nothing more we can do about it. We would like to thank everyone for their support and patience.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 17:33:06 »
so, folks who bought from M&C are ****ed?

it's too old to chargeback according to my CC. The transaction date is greater than 570 days.

Offline Oni

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 06:27:44 »
Despite the efforts and initially positive interactions with Mechs & Co regarding getting GMK Terror Below, GMK Art, and MW Heresy sets shipped out, communication has stopped. At this moment there's nothing more we can do about it. We would like to thank everyone for their support and patience.

What kind of response is this? Ghosted by Mechs & Co and then decide that's all you can do? I get that there is no chance that Mechs & Co is going to deliver or pay for anything, but have you been in contact with any of the other vendors or GMK to see how they can help?

Collection: Special Whale, Montage, Infinitum, Kei

Offline Afresh

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 06:51:03 »

What kind of response is this? Ghosted by Mechs & Co and then decide that's all you can do? I get that there is no chance that Mechs & Co is going to deliver or pay for anything, but have you been in contact with any of the other vendors or GMK to see how they can help?

That was the thing I was doing this whole time. I managed to get in contact with Cannonkeys which were open to helping out and shipping the sets only if M&C agreed to work with us. Sadly M&C is no longer responsive, at the start they communicated they need more time so we gave them a week to respond after that they stopped answering. I can't do much more than that. Whatever will happen next is unknown. GMK was supposed to write to me but they never did.

tl;dr is that till M&C decides that they want to be helped, no one can really do anything to orders M&C paid for. It sucks

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 19:34:03 »

lol what are you expecting? you accepted this risk when you joined the GB years ago, it takes alot of man hours and money to fulfill a large GB like this, no one is doing charities

Offline Oni

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 08:14:16 »

lol what are you expecting? you accepted this risk when you joined the GB years ago, it takes alot of man hours and money to fulfill a large GB like this, no one is doing charities

More information? If Afresh added the parts about being in contact with Cannon Keys and GMK it would have made it sound a lot better than what was originally provided, which sounded more like they barely did anything and just absolved themselves of trying any harder. Hindsight is 20/20, but they're the one who choose to run this set (and other sets) through Mechs & Co. They also say they wrote to GMK and didn't hear back, maybe they could follow up with them? Nowhere in my post did I ask for charity or free things. If another vendor wants to help out and sell extras at a lower price to the participants scammed by Mechs & Co. then great, if not that's their choice.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 14:55:33 »

More information? If Afresh added the parts about being in contact with Cannon Keys and GMK it would have made it sound a lot better than what was originally provided, which sounded more like they barely did anything and just absolved themselves of trying any harder. Hindsight is 20/20, but they're the one who choose to run this set (and other sets) through Mechs & Co. They also say they wrote to GMK and didn't hear back, maybe they could follow up with them? Nowhere in my post did I ask for charity or free things. If another vendor wants to help out and sell extras at a lower price to the participants scammed by Mechs & Co. then great, if not that's their choice.

More than 20 GBs are impacted by Mech & Co's insolvency.  It caught everyone by surprise.  There is a Geekhack thread with more info here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120674.0

Offline Oni

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 19:51:26 »

More than 20 GBs are impacted by Mech & Co's insolvency.  It caught everyone by surprise.  There is a Geekhack thread with more info here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120674.0

I am very aware, by more information I just meant a better response from Afresh.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 September 2023, 17:41:22 »
Novelkeys has graciously picked up Mechs & Co’ sets and are offering discounted prices for those who can’t get a refund or charge back. Please read the Reddit post about it
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/16clezy/important_information_regarding_mechs_and_co_gmk/

Edit: Related GH thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121348
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 September 2023, 18:14:32 by dvorcol »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 09:19:34 »
These are now in stock and shipping!

https://novelkeys.com/products/cyl-art

Quick Edit: Forgot to put that we fulfilled the impacted Mechs and Co customers who submitted a claim to us.