Author Topic: [IC] Zoom65V2 x Yamanote Line Theme keyboards & Keycaps Latest Update  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Hi Everyone,

Since the first announcement of the WS Yamanote Line Theme keycaps IC, we have gained a lot of opinions and encouragement. In the past 3 months, we are working on many updates about it. Let me share more information with you.

Yamanote Line Theme Keycaps

Design Brief

Yamanote Line is well-known as one of the busiest loop services in the world. The E235 series tram with the trademark silver-green color that runs on this line is a sight that commuters will never forget.

Taking the Suica card through the gate, it was dazzling to see the different platforms leading to different routes. At least the Yamanote Line has a clear identification and destination, so it will pass through wherever you would like to go.

Traveling in Tokyo during this time, I take the Yamanote line, visited the ACG sacred place of Akihabara, the Flea Market of Ueno, and the fashion place of Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, as well as gradually trying to know this theme, made keycaps, let this line to be a perfect partner of the silver kit.

Design Concept

What should never be missed is the signature color of the Yamanote line - Yellow-green! The keycaps themselves will be a little complicated to be made into silver, therefore I think the light gray with a little cement texture will be the best color to go with the silver kit.

The font used on the keycaps is the same font used on the JR East station sign and logo, which match the keycaps very well.

The reasons why I chose not to make novelties keys this time are the same as the MOMOKA FOCUS keycaps set. I would like to have the same sense of operation with the function keys of the keycaps themselves with the tram, therefore, I replaced all the keycaps in the function area.

振替輸送── It refers to the terminology of the tram itself that needs to be changed for special reasons for the vehicle, match with with TAB key.

線路閉鎖──Closing the track , match with CapsLock key.

乗り換え── Transfer, match with Shift key.

D-ATC - Control system on E235 series trams, match with Ctrl key.

表示器──Train display, the screen and window inside the train, matching with Menu key.
ATO──Automatic train control system.

両渡り──Double-track railway, is similar to the concept of level change with the fn key.

見合わせ──The train is temporarily suspended and will continue to run at any time, matching with Pause key.

ATS-PT──Automatic Train Stop, matching with Scroll lock key.

防犯カメラ──Monitor in station, match with screenshot key.

ICカード──Insert your IC card in!

踏切遮斷──boom barrier, match with Del.

始発、終着──departure and destination, matching with Home and End keys.

內回り、外回り──The terms are used for both clockwise and counterclockwise travel on the Yamanote Line, and they match the Page UP and DN keys.

チャージ入金──Store the desired amount on the IC card, this function is compatible with the Num area.

Besides, The desk mat design part is an overhead view of the second grade crossing, which is the last grade crossing of the Yamanote Line.

Color Chips Updated

In order to highlight the light green color of the Yamanote Line, we deepened the rest of the gray and matched it well with the anodized silver keyboard. So that the overall color of the keycaps will have a better effect with the silver keyboard.

DX Series Package Updated

In order to provide better collection experience to players, we made a new box design. The keycaps will be stored in a PC plastic box, and add an outer package for better protection.

Package

New Deskmats Added

In addition to the Dai-ni Nakazato Level Crossing deskmat, we also added two deskmats of Operator Nana(运転士奈々) and "Lagtrain"("遲延列車") which were designed by Asui Sensei as new options for collection.

Deskmat

Zoom65V2 x Yamanote Line Theme Added

Real shot of Zoom65V2 x Yamanote Line Theme Keyboard

The main case color of collab version keyboard is anodized silver which is different from GT silver of Zoom65 before. And added E235 tram elements in design.

Warm tips: The massive productions will brighter than photos

GB Time

August 29th

Price

To be updated

Other Updates

We will announce price and vendor lists, quantities( limited) few days before GB starts.

Share your idea with us

Please come and join discord to share your ideas with us.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2023, 09:59:59 by Ckeeb »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] WS PBT Yamanote Line Keycap Set
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 11:11:29 »
this is nice

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 11:18:47 »

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 14:25:26 »
Love the Latin and Katakana typefaces!
My one complaint would be the text on the spacebars. Please leave them blank.

Offline TerraKeycaps

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 17:43:51 »
I love the unique profile!

If you're interested in making a metal artisan keycap collaboration for this set, we'd love to help!

We make high quality, polished metal artisan keycaps for a fraction of the price of other manufacturers at the moment, with so many customisation options available.

Custom base with your name on it, as well as rendering animations available. Please do reach out to me

Discord: Luke!#8865

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 20:17:54 »
Love the Latin and Katakana typefaces!
My one complaint would be the text on the spacebars. Please leave them blank.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, Could you fill in the IC form with your ideas? Thank you very much for your support :)

Offline Nevrest

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 23 May 2023, 02:43:30 »
Clean, I like it

Offline PopoHappy

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 04:50:43 »
Nice set!

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 10:49:47 »

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 11:13:06 »
Why are numpad numbers centered? Normally they are aligned the same way as alphas.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 17:42:05 »
Consider removing the R3 ~# and R4 \| keys as those are for ISO-UK which isn't supported elsewhere. It'll save you a little bit of plastic as partial ISO-UK support isn't the most useful thing.

(If those keys are included for ISO-JP support, please ignore this comment.)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 17:52:06 »
Weeb powers intensifies.
Too bad there isn't a PC version of Densha De GO! Hishirou Yamanote-Sen to use this with.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Re: [IC] Zoom65V2 x Yamanote Line Theme keyboards & Keycaps Latest Update
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 15 August 2023, 10:00:18 »
Update!