Author Topic: Have you named your keyboard?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline DotMatrixMoe

Have you named your keyboard?
« on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 11:50:48 »
Silly question, but have you named your favorite keyboard? Be honest! I named my Model M, Hank simply cause my teacher named it when I brought it to a show and tell.   ;D

Offline Learis

Re: Have you named your keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 09:39:30 »
After the hundreds of dollars I spent customizing my keyboard, I finally came up with a perfect name for her:  Miss Take
Mend and Defend

Offline DotMatrixMoe

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 19:19:09 »
Perfect name! Taking your wallet!   :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 02:51:37 »
Probably boring, but I just refer to mine with abbreviations of the keyboard model, such as QFR, QFS, K61, Code, SSK, HHKB and so on.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CarnageHimura

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 16:33:33 »
I don't, but my wife does, is something like "Tu chingadera tan cara" !!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 16:36:02 »
No name, but I refer to it as a "steampunk behemoth"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Corruscant

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 17:01:33 »
I never actually thought o put a name on my keyboard until I saw this post. I'm naming mine Pain, for the pain it's given me financially, and the pain it's given me for every single time I try to tune these damn stabilizers.

Offline DotMatrixMoe

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 22:35:06 »
No name, but I refer to it as a "steampunk behemoth"

Cool! I considered "beige behemoth". Might just name one of my PCs that.

Offline yiwv

• I´m Yiwv, Yiwi, Yiuf, Yiu or just Yi
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 07:26:01 »
I call mine "The Orto" cuz in spanish Orto means Ass so when I say to people that this is an Ortholinear Keyboard they laugh because I said Ortho xd

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 October 2021, 14:48:52 »
I haven't named them -- they change so much that they never have a unique personality.

I just refer to them by the case's name -- pretty common, I suppose
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Go Gurt Stick

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 08:54:11 »
I've named mine "Agony"