Author Topic: Zealio 67g (V1) switch review  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Reimu_64

• KeebWorks
Zealio 67g (V1) switch review
« on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 14:07:15 »
The Zealio 67g V1. An actual improvement over many tactile MX Clones. It’s quite pricey though.

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: Zealio 67g (V1) switch review
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 18:58:12 »
Funny you should come out with this just now... Zealio V1 is making an official return with a relaunch coming November.

EDIT: Funny as in interesting. Not bad. I find myself in need of a reminder of the characteristics of these switches.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 October 2021, 19:22:43 by HungerMechanic »

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 20:35:54 »
I just desoldered a boards with v1 zealio and swapped them for kiwi switches as I didn't like the massive amount of stem wobble and stem interference on most keysets i own creating a scratchy feel.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 23:49:28 »
Interesting. Could you tell me how the tactility of the V1 compares with the Kiwis?

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 21:41:50 »
Interesting. Could you tell me how the tactility of the V1 compares with the Kiwis?

Two very different switches as the Zeals v1 have a bit of travel leading to more pronounced bump. Kiwis have no preload and the tactility is very pronounced yet smooth all the way through the switch. I like the tactility on both but v1 interfere with every keycap set I own and have a load more stem wobble then the kiwis.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 10:58:38 »

Two very different switches as the Zeals v1 have a bit of travel leading to more pronounced bump. Kiwis have no preload and the tactility is very pronounced yet smooth all the way through the switch. I like the tactility on both but v1 interfere with every keycap set I own and have a load more stem wobble then the kiwis.

Thanks. I had a single Kiwi switch to test, and I thought it was a good overall tactile, but more tactile than I'd like. It felt like a slightly more intense T1. They really got the tactility down, if that was their goal, and it's an attractive switch.

I prefer Cherry-like tactility with the pre-travel followed by pronounced bump, so I would probably prefer the Zealio V1. I've been moving to 'near-linear' tactiles, though, so I'm not sure the V1 is relevant to me anymore.

The old-generation Zealio V1 did have significant stem wobble, but it was reduced somewhat in later revisions. They are likely trying once again to reduce wobble in the latest revision.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 02:27:25 »
ya I used a generous amount of 205g0 to tone down the tactility of the switch. Still need to get perform a spring swap to hopefully get rid of the spring ping that the switch suffers from.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 12:10:10 »
Yeah, Gateron never fixed Zealio springs, not even in V2.