Author Topic: [Instock GB] HMX Maccaron Switch/(Concluded and is instock)  (Read 56225 times)

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
[Instock GB] HMX Maccaron Switch/(Concluded and is instock)
« on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 14:41:19 »
301040-0
Discord:https://discord.gg/xprJb8Ta26
In stock right now: https://unikeyboards.com/products/hmx-maccaron-switch-factory-lube-edition-10pcs

Hi guys, you didn't think we will meet again so soon right? Just about 24 hours after the Sarokeys BCP IC that I posted yesterday, I am bringing you another new switch we will be carrying. What's even better this time is that the Maccaron switches are already on their way to our warehouse. We will make them go live as soon as possible, and the sale format will be instock sale. Please allow me to introduce the HMX Maccaron switch right here, right now.

301042-1
301044-2
301046-3
301048-4
301050-5
301052-6

Price
The price of the HMX Maccaron Switch will be 0.35 USD per switch.

Switch Specifications

Switch type: Linear
Designer: MZ and BPB
Manufacturer: HMX
Stem material: MX POK Stem and Box POM Stem
Top Housing Material: PC
Bottom Housing Material: Modified Nylon
Operating Force: 46g
Pre-travel: 2.0mm
Total Travel: 3.6mm
Spring: 22mm Single Stage Extended
Factory Lubed: Yes! The switch comes pre-built with the POK stem, and the stem feet, spring, and stem sliders are factory lubed. The box stems come in a separate bag, and they don't come with factory lube.

The Maccaron Switch

The manufacturer of the switch is HMX. I am pretty sure a lot of you have never heard of this factory before, but they are a rising star right now. Just like BSUN at the beginning of 2023, you will only believe how good they are once you see their products yourself. At the moment, I am writing this IC post with the Maccaron switches on my keyboard, and I have to say I am quite addicted to them.

Looking at the material choices of the switch, we can see that it comes with a POK stem. The POK material is known for its durability and low surface friction coefficient rate. That ensures the stem is super smooth even at the stock condition with no lube. The PC top housing and nylon bottom housing are much more for the sound of the switch instead for smoothness as the POK stem already had that job done. With a Nylon bottom housing, the bottom-out sound of the Maccaron switch is clacky indeed. However, thanks to the POK stem, the sound is not harsh or sharp. It is a pleasant medium clack that is just right for enjoyment. As for the PC top housing, it emits a crispy and quiet sound during top-out which is actually quite soothing. Overall speaking, the pre-built Maccaron switch with a POK stem is super smooth, and it has just the clack I have been looking for.

How about the box POM stem? Well, to be honest, as it is a box-style POM stem, I did not expect it to be as smooth as the POK stem. I put the POM stem into the switches without lubing them first and had a try. I could both hear and feel a small amount of scratchiness coming out of it, but it was all within the normal range. After lubrication, I could hardly feel there is any difference in smoothness between the POM and POK stem. The conclusion is that if you are worried about the POM stem being not as smooth as the POK stem, you won't have to. All they need is just a thin layer of lube, and they are good to go.
Regarding the sound, the box POM stem sounds much louder and higher pitched than the POK stem. If the POK stem is not clacky enough for you, the POM stem will definitely be your favorite. One thing to note is that the box stem is less wobble than the POK stem of course, but the MX POK stem is super steady already, and stem wobble wouldn't be an issue no matter which stem you choose to go with.

I have said enough of my own opinions about the switch. I will stop now and leave something for future reviews. Please refer back to either this post or the GB post later for review and sound test videos.

Form of Sales

In-stock at Unikeys: https://unikeyboards.com/products/hmx-maccaron-switch-factory-lube-edition-10pcs

Time of Sales
July 31st, 2023

Vendor List
Global: Unikeyboards: https://unikeyboards.com/
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2023, 13:23:13 by DashanYYY »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Approved :thumb:

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Macaron switches sound test and review videos coming soon. I will update them here once they are ready.

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Sound test and review updated

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Re: [Instock GB] HMX Maccaron Switch/(Concluded and is instock)
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 October 2023, 17:32:06 »
Second batch is instock and live now