geekhack Community > Off Topic

What’s happenin’? (The thread about what is happenin’.)

<< < (2/5) > >>

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Thu, 24 August 2023, 04:45:10 ---Ehhh just had my english SAC (which is a standardised test for all you non-Americans)

Feel like I did fine but barely didn't have enough time to finish it, it was a comparative essay and missed out on the conclusion and the closing sentence on one of the paragraphs

Glad I don't have to touch essays until my exam in november? idk

We are doing an oral presentation next which is like my favourite thing to do, I feel like I will do well on that.

--- End quote ---

Crikey (my attempt to communicate in Australian language) that sounds like a pain. Hope you did well, though.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:34:49 ---Crikey (my attempt to communicate in Australian language) that sounds like a pain. Hope you did well, though.

--- End quote ---

I don't think I've ever heard someone use crikey in many many years LOL

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Tue, 19 September 2023, 04:07:15 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 18 September 2023, 07:34:49 ---Crikey (my attempt to communicate in Australian language) that sounds like a pain. Hope you did well, though.

--- End quote ---

I don't think I've ever heard someone use crikey in many many years LOL

--- End quote ---

I think you're lying to me. You're telling me Aussies don't go around honking "CRIKEY!" like geese?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Tue, 19 September 2023, 07:45:32 ---I think you're lying to me. You're telling me Aussies don't go around honking "CRIKEY!" like geese?

--- End quote ---

I think I might blow your mind... We do not put shrimp on the barbie... in fact we call them prawns.

Your reaction I assume

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Wed, 20 September 2023, 04:01:43 ---
--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Tue, 19 September 2023, 07:45:32 ---I think you're lying to me. You're telling me Aussies don't go around honking "CRIKEY!" like geese?

--- End quote ---

I think I might blow your mind... We do not put shrimp on the barbie... in fact we call them prawns.

Your reaction I assume

--- End quote ---

That's why Australians say, "She was a real a prawn"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version