geekhack Marketplace > RAMA WORKS

MACHINE INDUSTRIES CONFIGURATOR

<< < (3/9) > >>

KingRama:

--- Quote from: hnrk on Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:22:30 ---Not sure if bug or if I did something wrong but after installing the drivers and launching the configurator there is no picture/diagram of the board (M4-A in this case), and I can't do any programming/assigning of keys.

Once I loaded the pre-made music config though, it appears and I can now use the configurator.

--- End quote ---

You have to "select your board" (press that, then press M4-A), it's a little confusing I agree :P

There's a better manual here: http://www.machineindustries.co/guides/configurator-manual

libertycannon:
Hey Rama -

I want to use the M4-A to store passwords.  My plan is to have password macros assigned to keys on layer 8 and the obscure sequence of keystrokes required to activate layer 8 will be the equivalent of a "master password". 

My question is whether or not it is possible to have that last keystroke which activates layer 8, also activate the backlight? Basically is there any way to bind more than 1 action to a single keystroke? 

The resulting experience would be:

1) Sits down at desk and goes to log in computer

2) Clicks the password box to "type" password

3) Turns to M4-A

M4-A: current layer toggled is 1 and the backlight is OFF

4) Enters the sequence of keystrokes required to toggle up to layer 7

M4-A: current layer toggled is 7 and the backlight is OFF

5) Enters last keystroke in the sequence to toggle Layer 8

M4-A: layer 8 activated and backlight turns on (visually signalling to me that the "password" layer was successfully toggled)

6) Presses the key assigned that has the login password macro assigned to it 

Password appears on screen in box, layers 2-8 are deactivated and the backlight turns off  (visually signalling the password layer is now deactivated)

M4-A: current layer toggled is 1 and the backlight is OFF

libertycannon:
Why is this not being updated? In the massdrop discussion for the M10 and even in this very thread, you mention adding multiple features and also, most importantly, about fixes coming yet ostensibly nothing is happening.  I suppose its not the end of the world but for a huge fan of yours its pretty disappointing.  Less cufflinks and more support.

KingRama:

--- Quote from: libertycannon on Wed, 01 March 2017, 23:12:38 ---Why is this not being updated? In the massdrop discussion for the M10 and even in this very thread, you mention adding multiple features and also, most importantly, about fixes coming yet ostensibly nothing is happening.  I suppose its not the end of the world but for a huge fan of yours its pretty disappointing.  Less cufflinks and more support.

--- End quote ---

That is very unfair, I have asked Machine Industries (Josh) to reply to this when he has time. He's very busy working on adding new features to the software before launch.

Lots of cool things to come (like OTA updates, board/layer level LED control etc)

My work as an Industrial Designer has no bearing on the software and the work done with that.

Here are his comments when I has asked him to reply to it:

"So, regarding the geekhack post - I’ll test it out but I think you can. That’s pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I suggested using it as a password manager :slightly_smiling_face:

[6:38 PM] 
I think you can add board actions to a macro, so if you create a macro that toggles layer 8 on and toggles the backlight on, I think that might do it - I’ll test it out later on"

----

"Dude, I think I just cracked board level and layer level backlight control :smile:

[12:06 AM] 
Had to make some changes to the underlying TMK firmware, but it seems to work - I’m going to test it a bit more but if all looks good, I’m going to add it to the configurator/compiler and add it to the features for this release :slightly_smiling_face:"

KingRama:
-woops

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version