Author Topic: Post your tattoos here!  (Read 181873 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: Post your tattoos here!
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 12:51:13 »
thinking more and more about getting myself a barcode tatoo. But I need a "professional enough" location. All the one I though of : neck, wrist , forearm aren't working.
Maybe will go on calf but well :x
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:03:52 »
thinking more and more about getting myself a barcode tatoo. But I need a "professional enough" location. All the one I though of : neck, wrist , forearm aren't working.

What do you want it to ring up when you scan your self?

I personally see it as an oppressive thing. Maybe I have watched to many sci-fi movies lol.

None the less, you could do the back of the neck for the hitman vibe o.o

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:17:08 »
My problem is that I want a tattoo really badly. I have for years. But I haven't found that perfect something. Maybe it's because I have this false idea that a tattoo has to be meaningful, or symbolic, or representative of something. My friends who have lots of tattoos simply see them as something beautiful and if they like the art they'll get one. I think part of my hesitation is because I don't have one yet and I'd be painting on a blank canvas. The crux of this issue is that given the lack of tattoos to date, I think I would only want:

1. Something extremely minimalistic and well hidden, but it would have to hold deep meaning. This becomes a struggle to find the "perfect" graphic/symbol/text that I won't regret down the line. If I'm just going to get one thing, it's not going to be a random symbol from a catalogue that I feel like slapping on myself on any given day. It's got to be very personal. This also makes it extremely difficult to decide exactly WHERE to put it. I have thought spine/middle-to-upper back area would be nice, other times, tricep, but then again it will depend on the design...

2. On the other hand, the other type of tattoo I am attracted to is a full sleeve or full back. This becomes more fun to play around with, explore themes and make additions/adjustments but damn is it a commitment. It also wouldn't suit my line of work that well...but no one could tell if it was on my back :3 I love how larger tattoos look and I think my mind would be better put at ease if there were multiple things I could add to the design - thereby removing the "perfect thing in it's perfect place" dilemma I seem to face. But I know this is a huge commitment, both in time and money.

Plus I'm Asian so in the back of my mind it feels kind of like a lame/wannabe yakuza look  ^-^
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:25:52 »
My problem is that I want a tattoo really badly. I have for years. But I haven't found that perfect something. Maybe it's because I have this false idea that a tattoo has to be meaningful, or symbolic, or representative of something. My friends who have lots of tattoos simply see them as something beautiful and if they like the art they'll get one. I think part of my hesitation is because I don't have one yet and I'd be painting on a blank canvas. The crux of this issue is that given the lack of tattoos to date, I think I would only want:

1. Something extremely minimalistic and well hidden, but it would have to hold deep meaning. This becomes a struggle to find the "perfect" graphic/symbol/text that I won't regret down the line. If I'm just going to get one thing, it's not going to be a random symbol from a catalogue that I feel like slapping on myself on any given day. It's got to be very personal. This also makes it extremely difficult to decide exactly WHERE to put it. I have thought spine/middle-to-upper back area would be nice, other times, tricep, but then again it will depend on the design...

2. On the other hand, the other type of tattoo I am attracted to is a full sleeve or full back. This becomes more fun to play around with, explore themes and make additions/adjustments but damn is it a commitment. It also wouldn't suit my line of work that well...but no one could tell if it was on my back :3 I love how larger tattoos look and I think my mind would be better put at ease if there were multiple things I could add to the design - thereby removing the "perfect thing in it's perfect place" dilemma I seem to face. But I know this is a huge commitment, both in time and money.

Plus I'm Asian so in the back of my mind it feels kind of like a lame/wannabe yakuza look  ^-^

I have my back done. My first tattoo I got I wanted it to be super meaningful and all the jazz. Then I realized that all tattoos have stories. Its more about who you where with and where did you get it at. As soon as I am out of the service I want to get my arm done. I do believe you should always get a quality artist. But all tattoos will grow on you eventually.

Another thing: Don't worry what about other people think. Everyone has their opinions. You are doing it for your self. Let the personality shine through.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:28:27 »
My first tattoo https://www.instagram.com/p/-iOFnPHGfS/

Show Image

i think they missed a spot,

JK bro thats dope  :)
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:29:28 »

I have my back done. My first tattoo I got I wanted it to be super meaningful and all the jazz. Then I realized that all tattoos have stories. Its more about who you where with and where did you get it at. As soon as I am out of the service I want to get my arm done. I do believe you should always get a quality artist. But all tattoos will grow on you eventually.

Another thing: Don't worry what about other people think. Everyone has their opinions. You are doing it for your self. Let the personality shine through.

What Bromono said. And I'm Asian too. Do it 'cause you want it and you like the tattoo....whatever the reason is. Don't to it because of anyone else. I want more ink, I just can't find an artist I like around here.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:33:00 »

Great advice man. I think once I take that first step all these thoughts will probably fade away. I've never given much thought about the "who you are with" and the story of the tattoo (at the time of conception - not necessarily the meaning behind it)! I guess as someone who's never been through the process I just assumed I'd walk in there alone with a design in mind, sit down, leave. But I know that a good tattoo requires a good artist, and good consultation with said artist.

And as for the yakuza comment, it was more of a joke :P but my parents would definitely not treat it as a joke haha

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:34:51 »
And as for the yakuza comment, it was more of a joke :P but my parents would definitely not treat it as a joke haha

My mom almost ripped my ear off when she found out I had a tattoo. She also found out like 2-3 years after I got it :)). I understand your struggle.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:39:21 »

My mom almost ripped my ear off when she found out I had a tattoo. She also found out like 2-3 years after I got it :)). I understand your struggle.

I always tell my mom when she sees me after a long time o.o

That way her happiness undermines her puerto rican hulk....

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #359 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:48:40 »

I always tell my mom when she sees me after a long time o.o

That way her happiness undermines her puerto rican hulk....

You guys do understand! But it's not like my parent's disapproval has ever stopped me from doing something before  :))

My first tattoo https://www.instagram.com/p/-iOFnPHGfS/

Show Image

I really like this. Really really like this.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 04:40:56 »

Yea, I love the look of sleeves and there's so much you can do with them, but I'd like to find a long-term employment situation where either that's not a problem or I can know beforehand so I can avoid it.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 14:16:58 »

Mine

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:08:58 »
I got this inner arm pcb/circuitry inspired piece last night.

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:15:51 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:17:33 »
My Ubuntu tattoo.

Whhhyyyyyyy?????

Tux I understand...maybe even GNU/Hurd, but Ubuntu? Are you a Dev for them or something?
SSKs for everyone!

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:21:09 »

Show Image

That's pretty sweet.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 19:30:37 »

Show Image

Good to see you around this parts Akimbr0! That tat is dope!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:03:42 »
I have bad taste ;)

The second one is a tombstone backpack haha, the date is both the day I got married and the day I had my backpack with every piece of clothing I brought on my honeymoon stolen. And yes I got married on Halloween. I'm tacky like that.

144294-0
144296-1

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:13:59 »

Show Image

Akimbrooooo, nice one. Is it the pcb from an HHKB?

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 03 August 2016, 20:36:36 »

Show Image

Good to see you around this parts Akimbr0! That tat is dope!

Hey digi what's up! Yeah man, life is keeping me busy. I mostly just lurk now.

Show Image

Akimbrooooo, nice one. Is it the pcb from an HHKB?

Hey Halv! The tattoo is just an artistic pcb impression...I didn't even think to base it off of a HHKB pcb  :(
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 16:36:12 »

Smaug...  Was going through some imgur pics and saw this.  Thought you might enjoy.  Based off of:

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 16:46:27 »
Here's my latest

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 18:10:16 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

**** that's dope!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 19:12:07 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Is he eating a rainbow chew?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #373 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 06:22:41 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Is he eating a rainbow chew?

dropin that rainbow chew

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 12:17:52 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Nice.  Dig the style.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 19 August 2016, 16:01:35 »
my most recent.  Tiger for my daughter:

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #376 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:11:52 »
I like to draw on myself with a sharpie-

but i have no real tatoos
hi.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #377 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:28:27 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Sick!!!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 21:30:06 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Sick!!!

He has several newer pieces he hasn't posted :)

Offline R1N3

« Reply #379 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 21:41:51 »
Here's my latest
Show Image

Sick!!!

He has several newer pieces he hasn't posted :)

*jwaz unzips footy-pajamas

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 06:50:41 »
My Zion Lion (It's a bit faded, so I need to get a touch up on it soon):

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 20:49:02 »

^ I agree 100% with what Bromono said and to add to it a bit

With my first few tattoos I was in the same boat. They had to be super meaningful, with themes and deeper meanings (even if they were a little made up). But as the years went by I had new experiences that changed me on so many levels. As I changed, the meaning of my tattoos changed along with me. They became less of what they meant to me at the time, but more reminders of periods of my life when i got the tattoo - who i dated at the time, exciting moments, accomplishments... failures. And that's kind of the beauty of it. Although the tattoo is permanent in design, what they mean to me will evolve and the story of the tattoo will always eventually write itself..

here are a few of my favorite pieces.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 21:00:48 »
Show Image

Smaug...  Was going through some imgur pics and saw this.  Thought you might enjoy.  Based off of:

Show Image

that's sick
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #383 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 23:56:02 »

^ I agree 100% with what Bromono said and to add to it a bit

With my first few tattoos I was in the same boat. They had to be super meaningful, with themes and deeper meanings (even if they were a little made up). But as the years went by I had new experiences that changed me on so many levels. As I changed, the meaning of my tattoos changed along with me. They became less of what they meant to me at the time, but more reminders of periods of my life when i got the tattoo - who i dated at the time, exciting moments, accomplishments... failures. And that's kind of the beauty of it. Although the tattoo is permanent in design, what they mean to me will evolve and the story of the tattoo will always eventually write itself..

here are a few of my favorite pieces.

Show Image

Show Image

Those are awesome. :)

Offline vkulla

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 05:36:04 »
"I have my back done. My first tattoo I got I wanted it to be super meaningful and all the jazz. Then I realized that all tattoos have stories. Its more about who you where with and where did you get it at. "

well said!

i have two complete sleeves on my arms (except hands and knuckles) and my whole stomach full of ink and i get tired when i get asked about the meaning.. it's nothing i can/want explain every stranger in 2 minutes of talk.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 21:21:33 »
"I have my back done. My first tattoo I got I wanted it to be super meaningful and all the jazz. Then I realized that all tattoos have stories. Its more about who you where with and where did you get it at. "

well said!

i have two complete sleeves on my arms (except hands and knuckles) and my whole stomach full of ink and i get tired when i get asked about the meaning.. it's nothing i can/want explain every stranger in 2 minutes of talk.

+1

Although this one I recently got may be pretty straightforward

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2016, 21:32:00 by cgbuen »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 13:07:21 »
i don't want this picture on the internet anymore so i cleared this post
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2017, 15:07:54 by TacticalStache »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 17:31:53 »
Some really great art in here guys, cool to be able to share these with each other :)

I'll post mine in the order they were done.

Japanese Koi sleeve by Matt Hunt:

Traditional Lady by Rachel Baldwin:

Plague Doctor by Riccardo Pedro:

Spider Rose kneecap by Riccardo Pedro:

Nautical front piece (text is from the song 'Karma' by my favourite band - Parkway Drive) by Sneaky Mitch Allenden:

Baphomet by Sneaky Mitch Allenden:

I got my arse done too for a dare but I'll spare you that photo haha. Plans for this year are a piece in the space on my left arm then blackout the remaining skin. Possibly start on my legs.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #388 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 04:53:12 »
Holy shiet thats epic.
I got only one at the moment, in honor of my dad and a Septum. I want more, I just can't decide what exactly. I was thinking of a Koi Sleeve on the right arm but I can't find an artist that I like and is not at the other end of the country. Something geometrical would be awesome too and I got two concept drawings for a La Catrina in addition to my left arm. The only picture I have on the phone right now:

This was the concept:

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 20:21:33 »
Finally got around to taking photos.  I stuck thus far to tattoos that'd catch attention from professors.  Planning on getting another one  soon, I've just started emailing artists.

160952-0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2A_receptor

160954-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1854_Broad_Street_cholera_outbreak + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian#/media/File:Piet_Mondriaan,_1930_-_Mondrian_Composition_II_in_Red,_Blue,_and_Yellow.jpg

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 21:55:59 »
I like the second one, very clever.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #391 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 21:58:47 »
getting the frames for mari's glasses tattooed on my heart OuO
I love Elzy

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #392 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:17:35 »
I like the second one, very clever.

Thanks dude - the colors are intentionally chosen.  The blue shaded building was a workhouse, where workers were primarily bringing provisions from home (and they had a lower incidence rate because they took less water from the contaminated pump); the yellow shaded building was an alehouse (and had a incidence rate of 0 because they just drank ale).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:30:30 »
I thought they might have been but I didn't know enough about the incident to hazard a guess :) Interesting! May I ask why you got the layout of a cholera outbreak tattooed on you?

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #394 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 23:34:01 »
I thought they might have been but I didn't know enough about the incident to hazard a guess :) Interesting! May I ask why you got the layout of a cholera outbreak tattooed on you?

Sure, the short answer is I'm an epidemiologist and I love my field (plus I thought the design itself would have some good visual appeal both for people who knew it on sight and others who did not).

The slightly longer answer is I got the tattoo while I was in grad school and it earned me some solid notoriety among my colleagues and my professors, many of whom took pictures of it to use it in intro slides in future years alongside the picture of the map.

The map is considered to be one of the, if not the first major epidemiologic study ever conducted.  Even better, the dude who made it, John Snow, confirmed his theory/findings posited in the map with benchwork by identifying that there was an organism in the contaminated water.  There have been numerous redrawings of this map (the visual scientist/designer/theorist/muse Edward Tufte has written extensively about it in both Visual Explanations and in The Visual Display of Quantitative Information), so I just figured I'd contribute one of my own to the world.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:17:19 »
That's pretty awesome that you've got such a landmark event on you. The tattoo makes a lot more sense now I know you are an epidemiologist. We have a lot of different professions here on GH it would seem, and it's great to see how everyone represents that :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:16:45 »

Nine Inch Nails  ;)

Offline menuhin

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 06:39:33 »
Are we really all guys?

Are there some female GH members who are willing to show their tattoos here?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 15:52:04 »
Are we really all guys?

Are there some female GH members who are willing to show their tattoos here?

creepy
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline zacheadams

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 20:34:16 »
Less creep, more grime.

182153-0