Author Topic: GMK Confession ~Kaguya-sama inspired Weebset~  (Read 7027 times)

Offline croatoanlp

GMK Confession ~Kaguya-sama inspired Weebset~
« on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 06:15:23 »
244937-0
(In case the Image doesn't work)

Hello everyone, I'm excited sharing my first keycap design with you!
Inspired by the Manga/Anime "Kaguya-sama: Love is war", I aimed to capture the first OP Love dramatic with this set, so the overall goal was to make this a simple set with focus on the novelties(->I'm still working on that). The colors I chose are: GMK V4 (Blue), GMK P3 (Red), RAL 4011(Violett) and GMK WS1 (though I am still thinking about switching to WS2 instead). I rendered this with Blender using Dakota Felder's preset.
Because this is my first time designing and possibly running a keycapset, I'm looking for advice in that direction.
Thank you for your time reading this and especially for any feedback!

Offline Pylon

Re: GMK Confession ~Kaguya-sama inspired Weebset~
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 16:17:16 »
This is a really good candidate for PBT dye sub instead of GMK, given GMK's 8+ month wait times right now.

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 22:40:34 »
I can't say anything about the technical side of setting up a groupbuy, I can't offer any advice on that, I apologize.
However I would like to offer some suggestions on the design.

I think you should get rid of the Japanese sub characters on the keycaps. Japanese characters are really common and it's starting to get to the point where some people are avoiding keycap sets with them in it because other sets do it better.

I would also suggest making the backslash red since in that row, seeing one purple keycap throws off the composition.

Overall, I love the set! There's good attention to detail with the modifiers being red/blue and the actual letters being purple. It's a really nice touch :) If this ever made it to GB I'd 100% go for it.
Duck Viper V3 / Zilents 65g / GMK Git Oblivion V2

Offline JinJuu

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 19:00:10 »
I would consider adding more blacks and reds to the keys instead of all white, since Kaguya-sama has a very prevalent red/black background theme to it

Offline rukia

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 03:37:14 »
no
god no please i beg you
do not produce this set

Offline newbs1111

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 02:29:37 »
Nice touch bro! my wallet is burning. @_@

Offline Nandoogus

• Yuh
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 11:14:08 »
My inner weeb is breathing heavily right now at the thought of how much I really want this set.  :) :thumb: