Author Topic: What industries do people work in?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline jlshaw24

What industries do people work in?
« on: Sun, 21 January 2024, 23:18:24 »
I work in the aerospace industry. What about everyone else?

305641-0

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: What industries do people work in?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 06:10:52 »

(Attachment Link)

I work in retail but am switching over to IT

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 06:42:05 »

(Attachment Link)

probably going into IT or computer programming but i want to learn how to design body parts for cars, maybe i will take aerospace classes on the side
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 09:07:43 »
10+ years in IT. Don't hate it, but it's less personally fulfilling. But I work for a great company so the work is just work and I spend my free time doing personal goals.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 14:32:23 »
I'm a chemist. I work as a technician at a university, managing a research laboratory.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 16:17:48 »
I'm a chemist. I work as a technician at a university, managing a research laboratory.

Tell us about the breaking bad stuff..

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 17:43:57 »
I cook and clean for my family and transport my son to and from school.  What industry is that?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 18:33:35 »
I used to be in video games and data mapping, now I work at a grocery store.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 20:22:12 »
I cook and clean for my family and transport my son to and from school.  What industry is that?

Pusher living the dream...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 January 2024, 21:27:22 »

Pusher living the dream...

Indeed.  Am a lucky duck 🦆

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 06:18:50 »

What do you want to hear about? The fires, the explosions, or the amphetamines? :p (we have all three)

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 06:36:50 »

how long have you been in that industry? i think i remember seeing a video on your channel of some chemical stuffz
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 06:38:30 »
10+ years in IT. Don't hate it, but it's less personally fulfilling. But I work for a great company so the work is just work and I spend my free time doing personal goals.

yeah I've just never been one of those people who involve their job in their personal life. i work for money to do what i want in my free time, i don't work for anything else. as long as i can support myself and have hobbies idrc

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 08:29:26 »
yeah I've just never been one of those people who involve their job in their personal life. i work for money to do what i want in my free time, i don't work for anything else. as long as i can support myself and have hobbies idrc

This is one of those things previous generations never really taught to kids until it was too late. So many times were we told to "do what you love and you'd never work a day". A job is a means for resources to be traded for goods and services. I will very clearly hammer into my kids brain is that you work to make money and that's it. Find a career that gives you the best work/life balance while meeting your "lifestyle" desires. Also not telling them that if they don't go to college they will be poor and sad their whole life.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 10:33:18 »

how long have you been in that industry? i think i remember seeing a video on your channel of some chemical stuffz
I was doing my PhD when I started my keyboard channel, I graduated just before christmas 2016. Moved back early 2017 and have been working this job since then.

What do you want to hear about? The fires, the explosions, or the amphetamines? :p (we have all three)

Better spill the beans on turning lead into gold  ;D

Easier to turn gold into lead, ironically xD .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 January 2024, 17:44:07 »

You Heisenberg?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 24 January 2024, 04:17:36 »

You Heisenberg?

I am the danger 8) .

Nah seriously though, any chemist will have those :p .

Offline chillybones

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 10:46:09 »

I used to have a much larger overlap in my life between work and play. It was kind of natural since I work as a developer and was going to school for the same thing. My life kind of revolved around coding, tinkering with electronics, and homelab stuff. But now, after schooling and working in the industry for a number of years, I do anything I can to avoid work-like activities after working hours. My hobbies have become much more phsical to get me away from a screen.

Offline mohawk1367

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 06:36:15 »

(Attachment Link)

probably going into IT or computer programming but i want to learn how to design body parts for cars, maybe i will take aerospace classes on the side
yeah nvm turns out I'm taking automotive engineering and possibly motorsports, life changes i guess. i just figured even if IT is a much much MUCH safer bet than motorsports for making a living, I'm not sure i wanna do that my whole life. even interning as IT sure it was super easy and i made money but i got bored so fast it was depressing

Offline iri

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 06:50:43 »
Finance

307399-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury