Author Topic: New ERGO Concept - No fixed layout is my best layout  (Read 11178 times)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers
New ERGO Concept - No fixed layout is my best layout
« on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 21:57:32 »
Hey,

Would really love to share this here. Have been seeing so many people looking for and duscussing for different layouts. But actually, we really have different favourites. Some people have big hands, some small, some long fingers, some short, not to say there are so many different softwares, games require us to use different keys frequently. When we need to search every where for ergo keyboard IC, GB or just degisn our own ergo keyboards, it's cool, but also time-consuming. So when I see this lego - like ergo keyboard, I just feel like it saves my life.

Cool, isn't it??

It has built-in mcu for every key to contact with the basdboard and communicate with PC.  In this way, no matter where you place the key, it works. No matter what you set for the key, it restores information there seperately.

So no mater what layout we like, we just place the key anywhere, and IT JUST WORKS!!!

The team started developing such modular key swtiches since 2016, and now it's very much welcomed in China and Japan MK communities. This is why we work with them to bring it to this community too. Really exciting for it, and also would love to hear what you think. You can also find more delails of it at Velocifire website  HERE
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2020, 22:11:59 by john08099 »
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
Re: New ERGO Concept - No fixed layout is my best layout
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 19:17:54 »
Wonder how long it takes for the average user to become fluent in new concepts like these, very cool

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 01:05:42 »
Wonder how long it takes for the average user to become fluent in new concepts like these, very cool

This is an unknow questions. They need to be a mechanical keyboard user, then ergo or custom keyboard users, and finally this one.

Offline macroxue

• Darknight: DIY 60% Split Keyboard
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 06:19:23 »
This is super awesome! How is the keyboard powered and how much power does it consume? How is each key programmed? Is the baseboard customizable in size and shape?
[Darknight: DIY 60% Split Keyboard](https://github.com/macroxue/keyboard-diy)

Offline jamster

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 06:34:01 »
This is super awesome! How is the keyboard powered and how much power does it consume? How is each key programmed? Is the baseboard customizable in size and shape?

About 4.5W for the pair through USB. 5V, and a tad under 1A.

Each key is individually assigned through some proprietary config software- if you want to use multiple layers, that program has to be kept running, if you run a single layer you configure it once and then don't need the program again.

Offline desipalen

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 09:15:13 »
That's a very neat concept. I wonder how much I would actually change the orientation.  I actually just keep a separate macropad for gaming, but I'm constantly changing through boards based on how I'm feeling at the moment.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 21:51:06 »
That's a very neat concept. I wonder how much I would actually change the orientation.  I actually just keep a separate macropad for gaming, but I'm constantly changing through boards based on how I'm feeling at the moment.

The listing just updated with a basedboard only, and one anykey with a USB cable that you can plug in, set to any key and put in any place you like. lol Some guy even put it under desk and press it by toes. :))