Author Topic: Model M space saver club  (Read 395603 times)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: Model M space saver club
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 20:18:15 »
what I always wanted to know... is this just a sticker over the normal oval notch, or did they use another/modifier mold to fit that sticker?

It is a different mold for that.  There is no oval on the Lexmark boards.
Go to the link in my sig and view the pictures in full resolution.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 12:10:29 by Snowdog993 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:16:56 »
Legit postin' :D ;D :)

(Attachment Link)

seems like you finally got a ssk :D

what I always wanted to know... is this just a sticker over the normal oval notch, or did they use another/modifier mold to fit that sticker?

What Snowdog said.

There's a rectangular depressed section that the Lexmark sticker is set into.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 11:47:04 »
Here's an example on a fullsize that ended up being branded an IBM but used that style mold for the case:

Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 10:50:22 »
Here's an example on a fullsize that ended up being branded an IBM but used that style mold for the case:

Show Image

I love the 1392595.  It's a very cool keyboard.  Converted mine and use it regularly on one of my machines.  It feels very good too.  One of my favorites. 

Back on topic, more to see.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 23:01:33 by Snowdog993 »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 13:48:51 »
I think it's finally complete  ;D

Show Image

Beautiful! Nice wrapped as well!

Show Image

I love the 1392595.  It's a very cool keyboard.  Converted mine and use it regularly on one of my machines.  It feels very good too.  One of my favorites. 

Back on topic, more to see.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Enjoy!

Nice red LEDs man! Very sick looking!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 05:00:40 »
My second SSK!  This one from Cindy.

95887-0

Unfortunately it has some issues, like a bit missing from the front corner of the case, one of the legs is missing, the Enter and left Shift keys stick down most of hte itme, the right Shift sticks down some of the time, and it is filthy :eek:

A nice little project for me one day soon ...

95889-1

95891-2

95893-3

95895-4
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline feizor

« Reply #256 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 05:20:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Unfortunately it has some issues, like a bit missing from the front corner of the case, one of the legs is missing, the Enter and left Shift keys stick down most of hte itme, the right Shift sticks down some of the time, and it is filthy :o

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

That looks like a lot of work  :thumb:

Was it from her latest batch?

Online snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 07:10:28 »

(Attachment Link)

Unfortunately it has some issues, like a bit missing from the front corner of the case, one of the legs is missing, the Enter and left Shift keys stick down most of hte itme, the right Shift sticks down some of the time, and it is filthy :eek:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

hope you got it for a good price with that damage. Or did it happen while shipping?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 13:14:24 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I sure hope you get it working Rowdy!  Nice addition to your SSK collection! 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 16:42:03 »
Thanks guys!

Yes, the latest batch that Cindy got from a school.

It was very well packaged, and the box did not show any damage, so I believe it is just war wounds from its previous life.

I have not tried plugging it in yet, I suppose I should to make sure that it works before I start cleaning it.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 19:59:51 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
I recently won an SSK on Ebay. Paid a bit more than what they cost on Elecplus. But seeing this makes me feel a little bit better about that... Although it's nice to have a project to work on!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 20:18:26 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
I recently won an SSK on Ebay. Paid a bit more than what they cost on Elecplus. But seeing this makes me feel a little bit better about that... Although it's nice to have a project to work on!

My problem is postage.  Pretty much every SSK I've seen comes from the US, and postage adds around $60 to the price.  Then convert that to Aussie dollars and the price goes up by another 20% or something.

At least I have my Lexmark SSK (on which this was typed)!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 20:22:46 »
One weird thing about my new SSK, it's apparently had some of its keycaps replaced.  One Alt key has a green legend and one black. Many of the keys are single-piece while others have the removable caps. On an '87 board, which ones would be original, one-piece or two-piece?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 20:27:44 »
One weird thing about my new SSK, it's apparently had some of its keycaps replaced.  One Alt key has a green legend and one black. Many of the keys are single-piece while others have the removable caps. On an '87 board, which ones would be original, one-piece or two-piece?

The few keycaps I've removed from my latest SSK are all one piece.  And look complete and SSKish enough.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 20:59:12 »
I might just buy a full set from Unicomp with blue legends!!!

My boards:
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:05:05 »

Please be sure to get the set on the Pearl/Pebble.  The brilliant white set looks wrong, and they don't have a long brilliant white spacebar either.  I am not even sure if they have the special keys for the SSK in those sets.  You might have to custom order it that way.  Never hurts to ask!
Good luck!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:43:15 »

Please be sure to get the set on the Pearl/Pebble.  The brilliant white set looks wrong, and they don't have a long brilliant white spacebar either.  I am not even sure if they have the special keys for the SSK in those sets.  You might have to custom order it that way.  Never hurts to ask!
Good luck!

By special keys are you referring to the smaller legends for the number layer? Or are there other keys I'm not thinking of that an SSK has that aren't on a full-size Model M?

My boards:
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:02:59 »

By special keys are you referring to the smaller legends for the number layer? Or are there other keys I'm not thinking of that an SSK has that aren't on a full-size Model M?

Yes, I am referring to the secondary numpad /scroll lock legends, as well as the NumLk/ScrLk key.
number row: 7 8 9 - =
       tab row: U I O
   home row:  J K L :
     shift row:  M . /

Those keys have the secondary numpad and on the front have the scroll indicators.
If it's not necessary, you can go for that.  The only other key is the NumLk/ScrLk.
I think that's the 16 keys that are different.  Correct me if I forgot something.

Oh, and the Alt keys are green.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:09:27 »

Yes, I am referring to the secondary numpad /scroll lock legends, as well as the NumLk/ScrLk key.
number row: 7 8 9 - =
       tab row: U I O
   home row:  J K L :
     shift row:  M . /

Those keys have the secondary numpad and on the front have the scroll indicators.
If it's not necessary, you can go for that.  The only other key is the NumLk/ScrLk.
I think that's the 16 keys that are different.  Correct me if I forgot something.

Oh, and the Alt keys are green.

I like the idea of blue legends. I don't use numlock or the number layer anyway. I just wanted to make sure you weren't referring to anything more major than that.

Oh, and I'm definitely going with the pearl/pebble color.

My boards:
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 07:33:47 »
I got one of these like Rowdy's, only much much worse, and yes, Cindy gave me a good price. I should have taken a "before" photo because it was really really dirty and missing numerous keys, including spacebar. Fortunately, all the "special SSK" keys were there. Most keys were 1-piece, although the "J" was 2-piece even though it had the SSK sub-legends and matched its neighbors (and also "F"). I was disappointed when one of the missing keys was Left Shift, because those are always in short supply, but I happened to have a spare in my box after all.

The caps were so dirty that even after soaking in hot water with powdered laundry detergent and Oxi- for half an hour, I still had to physically scrub them. I don't think I have ever had to do that before, except on a rare random single key.

I was able to remove 98% of the permanent marker "Part of RISD 31346" (Rhode Island School District?) by 3 rounds of: (1) wiping hard with alcohol, (2) using my electric eraser with soft white strip, and (3) scrubbing with a plastic kitchen scrubber with the same strong detergent/oxi- combo.

I also tried the (occasionally effective) technique of going directly over the permanent marker with "dry erase" marker and then taking them both off together with a dry rag. That probably works best when the mark is fresh, and these were probably years (decades) old.

A bolt mod was in order (there was residue everywhere and the membranes were partially stuck together) and I will have it back together today. Although mine is a September 1987, I think that it has the "mid-weight" plate and not the heavy one.

Anyway, for an investment of just over $200 to Cindy and some dirty work, I now have 2 beautiful working SSKs!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:34:29 »
Excellent, fohat.  Congratulations :)

Mine has also cleaned up pretty well, although I just used a kitchen scourer on the writing on the bottom of the case, which has almost completely gone now.

I still need to fix the sticking Shift and Enter though.  Maybe the barrel inserts need a slight alignment adjustment?

96272-0

96274-1

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 03:18:25 »
^^^That is a nice looking keyboard you got there^^^^^

But your missing a leg, could you use one from a normal size Model M?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 03:38:05 »

The missing leg doesn't bother me - I don't use the legs.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 07:34:22 »

The missing leg doesn't bother me - I don't use the legs.

I don't use the legs on mine either, I find the board is way too high with them up. The curve of the barrel plate is just right!  :thumb:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 09:17:43 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

My problem is postage.  Pretty much every SSK I've seen comes from the US, and postage adds around $60 to the price.  Then convert that to Aussie dollars and the price goes up by another 20% or something.

At least I have my Lexmark SSK (on which this was typed)!
I bought one from Cindy too and paid someone else to refurbish it. I'm pretty nervous at the cost of shipping that as well. At least, the cost is spread over a few months.

I have an option to mod the cable to USB-micro USB for a small cost. I've been thinking about it. Modding that would make the SSK modern. I hate those permanent cables, especially the curly ones. Any thoughts on this?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 10:56:17 »
I hate those permanent cables, especially the curly ones.

I love permanent cables but despise coiled cables.

Micro-USB is probably a better choice than the more common mini-USB.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #276 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 10:59:03 »
I hate those permanent cables, especially the curly ones.

I love permanent cables but despise coiled cables.

Micro-USB is probably a better choice than the more common mini-USB.

Doesn't Micro USB have a reputation for breaking more easily than mini?

My boards:
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #277 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 11:15:53 »

Mine has also cleaned up pretty well, although I just used a kitchen scourer on the writing on the bottom of the case, which has almost completely gone now.

I still need to fix the sticking Shift and Enter though.  Maybe the barrel inserts need a slight alignment adjustment?

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Yes it can be done.  I was going to make a picture, but I think you can do this without one.  All you need is a narrow screwdriver.  Gently nudge the pin on the key in the direction of the hole.  Insert the key again, adjust again if necessary.  You can use a Q-Tip to make sure the hole is clean too.  With a little persistence, you will get it.
And be gentle.  Don't break the pin.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 05:31:24 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Yes it can be done.  I was going to make a picture, but I think you can do this without one.  All you need is a narrow screwdriver.  Gently nudge the pin on the key in the direction of the hole.  Insert the key again, adjust again if necessary.  You can use a Q-Tip to make sure the hole is clean too.  With a little persistence, you will get it.
And be gentle.  Don't break the pin.

I actually read somewhere else here that you can micro-adjust the barrel inserts, which I did.

Reinserted the keycaps (one at a time) and pressed it a few hundred times (at least).

All work very nicely now :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 20:59:52 »
Finally got one, and I love it.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 21:03:46 »

Show Image

That looks like a USB cable coming out of the back. Is this modded? Tell us all about it!

My boards:
More

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 21:51:52 »

Show Image

Damn nice!

That looks like a USB cable coming out of the back. Is this modded? Tell us all about it!

Yes! Tell us more, please.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 22:17:34 »

Show Image

Very very cool.  Especially the wrist rest.  I'm wondering myself if you got a USB conversion or are you using an Orihalcon cable on it?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 22:27:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn nice!

Thanks. Yea it's a USB cable. It has Phosphorglow's new controller in it with a USB-B input.

Show Image

Very very cool.  Especially the wrist rest.  I'm wondering myself if you got a USB conversion or are you using an Orihalcon cable on it?

Thanks.  I got the wrist rest from Feng's ebay store a while ago. --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Leather-Palm-Rest-/231059876831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item35cc3debdf
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 22:41:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn nice!

Thanks. Yea it's a USB cable. It has Phosphorglow's new controller in it with a USB-B input.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks.  I got the wrist rest from Feng's ebay store a while ago. --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Leather-Palm-Rest-/231059876831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item35cc3debdf

Oh yeah!  Now I remember!  You have the new Colossus controller!  One of the first SSK's with it!  Must be pretty awesome using it too.  How does it feel?

Offline Steveenn

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 22:46:04 »
96852-0
I finally got my first SSK. I got one of the last few Cindy had left from her recent escapades in Dallas. I just finished up bolt modding it this morning and it is every bit as amazing as I thought it was going to be.
F107 | 1976 'Dox 62g TGreys | TA KÛL ES-87 Clears | '87 SSK

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 22:52:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn nice!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful! I need to see if I can buy one of those controllers seperately.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
I finally got my first SSK. I got one of the last few Cindy had left from her recent escapades in Dallas. I just finished up bolt modding it this morning and it is every bit as amazing as I thought it was going to be.

Lucky! Looks good. Did your mod require any special tasks? I like when they come apart and bolt back together without any special effort.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Steveenn

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 23:10:49 »
Quote from: FreeCopy
(Attachment Link)

Lucky! Looks good. Did your mod require any special tasks? I like when they come apart and bolt back together without any special effort.

I had to take it apart and put it back together twice. It seems like the screws weren't long enough and the nuts wouldn't grab the screws with the washers. Once I did manage to get all the nuts on and reassemble it, there were some groups of keys that didn't actuate properly. They just didn't feel or sound right at all and I was really disappointed with it. I took it completely apart and reassembled it just in case I missed something the first time. I didn't use any washers the second time and it worked like a charm. I bolt modded my other two full sized Model Ms just fine, this one must have some differences in barrel plate or backplate thickness or something.
F107 | 1976 'Dox 62g TGreys | TA KÛL ES-87 Clears | '87 SSK

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 23:26:01 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn nice!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh... I guess I'll have to email him about getting one of those... So nice!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 07:55:51 »
It seems like the screws weren't long enough and the nuts wouldn't grab the screws with the washers.

Each one is different. I prefer washers but I am usually unable to use washers on approximately 1/3 of the screws (in random areas and no pattern).

If you have strong hands, pushing the barrel plate to bend it tight against the metal makes installing the nuts easier, but you have to be careful not to jiggle the pivot plates out of place since you are holding it in mid-air.

And I also agree about starting in the middle and working out.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:37:54 »
99062-0

Thanks again to ghostjuggernaut for an excellent keyboard, and to Ludovician for going in a joint order to Unicomp :)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:58:58 »
(Attachment Link)

Thanks again to ghostjuggernaut for an excellent keyboard, and to Ludovician for going in a joint order to Unicomp :)
Nice Rowdy, too bad about those different shade of greens.

Gotta clean my elecplus SSK one day he's dirty af
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 01:29:13 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice Rowdy, too bad about those different shade of greens.

Gotta clean my elecplus SSK one day he's dirty af

I don't usually work in that mush light, so it's not quite as obvious.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 05:27:21 »
A couple of better pictures (trying a different camera) ...

99450-0

99452-1

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 05:31:10 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I always love the reflections of the keycap sides of Model M caps! I also have a RGB set from Unicomp, but did not use it yet. I think I did not like that bold printing of the letters though!
... ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 05:34:30 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I always love the reflections of the keycap sides of Model M caps! I also have a RGB set from Unicomp, but did not use it yet. I think I did not like that bold printing of the letters though!

Those RGB do reflect very well! :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 11:44:08 »
Cannot wait to put it through its paces :p
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 11:45:03 »

Yay you finally got it! I gotta paint my plate like that...
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 08:18:20 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 13:48:59 »

Wow!  Very nice and a pink underlay!  Welcome to the club!

Online snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 14:26:07 »

is that pink?