Author Topic: SA Full 104-ANSI set (Black and biege keys/white/red lettering  (Read 3110 times)

Offline xbathoryx13

Hello everyone!  Does anyone know where I can purchase SA Keycaps sets, Preferbaly in black and biege keycaps with white/red lettering? Also in VERY THICK PBT with DYE-Sublime lettering I think its called. Also a Full 104-key ANSI layout? I would even consider ABS, BUT, it would still have to be VERY THICK, I talking more than 1.5mm! Or at LEAST that as Im old school here, been keyboarding,lol, since the mid-80s. I remember having one of my first keyboards have these HUGE keycaps that where ultra thick and well made!  Want that nostalgic feeling from my first days using a computer keyboard, Heck I remember my elementary schools computer lab having these bad ass huge and loud keyboards! Man I miss those days...BTW, Im NOT looking into these "group buys" bull****! Dont get me wrong they are great and all but I dont want to wait a F$^%ING YEAR for my keycaps to FINALLY arrive! Im sure I am NOT alone here in that regard. Anywho, Please let me know guys (and gals) Thanks for reading through this novel I just wrote on my past with these keycaps! lol.

Offline jihadu

Re: SA Full 104-ANSI set (Black and biege keys/white/red lettering
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 02:13:22 »
Wrong subforum, man! You should be looking in the classified section of Geekhack or on r/mechmarket on reddit

Offline jihadu

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 02:19:00 »
Also check pimpmykeyboard.com . they have customizable dyesub PBT sets. Based on the community's input they ship pretty fast

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 03:21:33 »
You can't dyesub light legends on a dark colour caps (some recent Chinese manufacturers have started doing negative dyesubs but they are not widespread yet)

In any case, in terms of thickness you are limited to SA family from SP (or Maxkeys) or K series from Devlin, of which I know of exactly one elavailable set from MechSupply.

Those are your options. Stop fantasising about caps thicker than 1.5mm unless you want to invest in a manufacturer to produce the moulds for them (Devlin caps are the thickest high profile caps I have used, and those top out at 1.5mm thick
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 12:26:49 »
Stop fantasising about caps thicker than 1.5mm...

So many size queens around here...  :rolleyes:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 12:46:37 »
Hello everyone!  Does anyone know where I can purchase SA Keycaps sets, Preferbaly in black and biege keycaps with white/red lettering? Also in VERY THICK PBT with DYE-Sublime lettering I think its called. Also a Full 104-key ANSI layout? I would even consider ABS, BUT, it would still have to be VERY THICK, I talking more than 1.5mm! Or at LEAST that as Im old school here, been keyboarding,lol, since the mid-80s. I remember having one of my first keyboards have these HUGE keycaps that where ultra thick and well made!  Want that nostalgic feeling from my first days using a computer keyboard, Heck I remember my elementary schools computer lab having these bad ass huge and loud keyboards! Man I miss those days...BTW, Im NOT looking into these "group buys" bull****! Dont get me wrong they are great and all but I dont want to wait a F$^%ING YEAR for my keycaps to FINALLY arrive! Im sure I am NOT alone here in that regard. Anywho, Please let me know guys (and gals) Thanks for reading through this novel I just wrote on my past with these keycaps! lol.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-matt3o-devtty-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open

And please stop trying to circumvent the Classifieds Rules with your posts.  Being new does not excuse not following forum rules--they are stickied very visibly in the "New Members" section:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=109.0
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 21:21:09 »

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-matt3o-devtty-custom-keycap-set?&mode=guest_open

And please stop trying to circumvent the Classifieds Rules with your posts.  Being new does not excuse not following forum rules--they are stickied very visibly in the "New Members" section:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but this doesn't seem like he's soliciting offers, more like asking what website he should go to for buying caps?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 12:21:28 »

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but this doesn't seem like he's soliciting offers, more like asking what website he should go to for buying caps?

That's what I thought too, it just sounds like he wants to know where to buy things no?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline dantan

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:27:33 »
I think the mod was offended when he called group buys bulls---.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 13:29:37 »
Nope, I posted what I have because he's posted similar messages before, all wanting to buy various stuff.  This one was incorrectly posted in Interest Checks and was later manually moved here.  And another post looking to buy stuff was also in the wrong section (also had to move that).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -