Author Topic: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!  (Read 44273 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:14:17 »
I always loved the series when I was younger but grew out of it, still excited for the 22nd (which is when I see it).

The detail in that cap is INSANE. Great work.

One does not simply grow out of Star Wars.

My dad and I used to watch them together but we drifted apart as I grew older.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 21:18:45 »
I used to have a Yorkshire Terrier that looked like an ewok.

I would always try to wrap his head in a brown towel I had.

I always thought it was so funny because he looked so cute with it on.

He would wear it for 30 seconds before he ripped it off.

He died a couple years ago. Old age.

I'll always remember that and the time he peed on my old baseball hat. (I loved that hat)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:46:47 »
Part 2

George Lucas's eyes freeze on the phone's screen. Caller Unknown. The tune of 'The Cantina Band' echoes throughout his home as trees rustle against his window, his fireplace illuminating his trophy's and pieces. The stuffed Ewoks and Wookie's eyes seem to be watching him, ever so slowly, the mask of Vader's mangled mask seem to form a crooked smile. The room suddenly feels very cold as Lucas feels a shiver down his spine, he's not sure why but he feels uneasy. His number was known to an exclusive few and none of them would give his number out. His heart starts to race as his hand moves towards the phone, drops of sweating dripping from his face profusely. He can feel the sweat on his hand make contact with his phone as he slowly bring its up to chest. He nervously accepts the call and presses the phone against his ear, "Hello?".

No answer....

"Hello?" he repeats.

Still nothing but silence....

Suddenly he hears breathing, the heavy breathing of man. Rasping as of dry and old. Lucas feels needles in his arms as he asks "Who is this?".

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:56:17 by Hexterdude »

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:47:44 »
Those caps looks fantastic! I was inspired to draw a quick pic and include one of my board/case! :)

120034-0

120036-1

The first movie I ever saw in theaters with my dad was Revenge of the Sith and I'm flying home to watch the new one with my entire family. I remember as a kid, I would find long sticks in our backyard and peel off the bark to make wooden lightsabers. I made my sister one as well and she was always a good sport about acquiring additional bruises (special tactic: go for the legs :D). Anyways, can't wait for Thursday night!!!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:54:19 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:58:10 by Bevo »

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 07:47:09 »
Thanks for doing this, the caps look so good! Noticed your post on Reddit and been drooling ever since!

Recently replaced my Matrix paintings with some movie posters. Lucky for me one of them is my all time favorite Star Wars movie (ROTJ)
Bonus is the R2D2 with a Indiana Jones hat I got at Disney world when I was in California :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:14:33 by GenKaan »
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:04:15 »
Removed due to issues with people not in my life.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:59:51 by BrainFlush »

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:08:51 »

I was going to do a short video production featuring these guys- but even if I'd somehow won I'd have deferred to Jokrik or RJmana (or someone else in here with just amazing submissions!)

Nevertheless- it DOESN'T get nerdier than a Star Wars Pez collection *ladies- single file line please
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:11:23 by linkshine »

Offline twk

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:21:35 »
I'm a big Star Wars fan and I would love to win one of the keycaps! They look amazing!  :)

I have build those metal models. The are fun to build and I think they look good.

EDIT: Added a video of my latest mug.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:02:45 by twk »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 08:56:09 »
These magnificent mofos:
Hi :)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:04:28 »
My boy right here:

Show Image

Parenting: your doing it right.
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:06:52 »
those are super awesome. i have so many fond memories of starwars starting with the first one i ever saw. my dad took me. and i have become like my father before me. going to be taking my son to EP7 this year.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:19:35 »
those are super awesome. i have so many fond memories of starwars starting with the first one i ever saw. my dad took me. and i have become like my father before me. going to be taking my son to EP7 this year.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Are you me? Hello, me!

My dad took me to Star Wars (later Ep IV) when I was a couple months from turning 4 years old. I'm taking my son to EP VII, and he'll be 4 in a couple months.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:29:06 »

Are you me? Hello, me!

My dad took me to Star Wars (later Ep IV) when I was a couple months from turning 4 years old. I'm taking my son to EP VII, and he'll be 4 in a couple months.

my son is almost 6 and he loves starwars. starwars everything. i love how starwars and other things can really bring families together as well as people.

and yes i think we are doppelgangers or pretty damn close Sir. especially if your a System Administrator.
Projects

Offline enddot

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:31:41 »
Ahh I saw this a little too late. Going to throw in my father-son story too haha.
My dad and I have accumulated a little too much star wars merch (dad is currently going overboard on legos) over the years... Our basement is getting pretty full. That being said, he's influenced me a lot with his star wars, it basically shaped me into my love for space exploration. Would love to return the favor to him.

I like building some of the sets... and then he takes them one step further.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:35:19 »
I cant compete with some of the awesome here already.. but StarWars is pretty amazing, and so is your Ewok cap! I hope you make more of them :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:35:38 »

I was going to do a short video production featuring these guys- but even if I'd somehow won I'd have deferred to Jokrik or RJmana (or someone else in here with just amazing submissions!)

Nevertheless- it DOESN'T get nerdier than a Star Wars Pez collection *ladies- single file line please

I am ashamed to admit that I have the Jar Jar Bunks electric Pez dispenser as part of my Star Wars Pez dispenser collection.

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:44:38 »

I am ashamed to admit that I have the Jar Jar Bunks electric Pez dispenser as part of my Star Wars Pez dispenser collection.

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
*DING *DING *DING

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:50:41 »

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
*DING *DING *DING
Jar jar merchandise. That's hard core right there
Projects

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:53:32 »
I'll be working the premier (I work at a movie theater), does that count as dedication?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:54:33 »
I'll be working the premier (I work at a movie theater), does that count as dedication?

Hey, me too. IMAX IT pulling an 1130pm-10am shift on Thursday to make sure it goes well.  :-X
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 09:57:13 »
Tell them you have to watch if they say no, quit you don't need that negativity in your life
Projects

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:02:37 »
and yes i think we are doppelgangers or pretty damn close Sir. especially if your a System Administrator.

Yes, one of my titles is System Administrator haha. I do the work of about 4 people here. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:03:35 »

Yes, one of my titles is System Administrator haha. I do the work of about 4 people here. :)
My brother!

We meat at last
Projects

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:32:33 »
So... we got some snow last night. I decided to have a little fun with my Lego.

Offline 3K

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:46:42 »
I hope I'm not too late, just noticed this contest yesterday night.  :-X

Either way, I did a quick sketch as my entry. Hope you guys like it!  ;D

It's one of my favourite Starwars moments, remade as GTA crossover.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:46:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone else see this?

in memoriam

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:51:55 »
I made this gif!

MRW Star Wars is less than a week away!

(Attachment Link)

Ha! I love that! Everyone should know by now I'm a sucker for a good gif! XD

Those caps looks fantastic! I was inspired to draw a quick pic and include one of my board/case! :)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The first movie I ever saw in theaters with my dad was Revenge of the Sith and I'm flying home to watch the new one with my entire family. I remember as a kid, I would find long sticks in our backyard and peel off the bark to make wooden lightsabers. I made my sister one as well and she was always a good sport about acquiring additional bruises (special tactic: go for the legs :D). Anyways, can't wait for Thursday night!!!

LOL! that is toooo adorable! I love that drawing.

Also I like your memory! My brother is 2 years older than me and he did the same thing! HA I always had fun though. Nothing wrong with a few bruises and he is the one who got me into star wars and comics and legos and stuff in the first place! I always wanted to do whatever he was doing when I was little :)

Great job on the caps. They look amazing!

Now I myself have not one artistic bone in my body but I am the proud man of a very talented woman in my life. She is a huge StormTrooper fan, she doesn't know why she is but she can paint like a pro.

Here is her first StormTrooper made in ArtRage 4 which I did buy her as a gift, so I did contribute to her talent, but that's all I did. ;D

If I don't qualify, that's life, at least you can enjoy her artwork.
Show Image

Oh wow! That is pretty awesome! Tell your wife I like that a lot :D

Ahh I saw this a little too late. Going to throw in my father-son story too haha.
My dad and I have accumulated a little too much star wars merch (dad is currently going overboard on legos) over the years... Our basement is getting pretty full. That being said, he's influenced me a lot with his star wars, it basically shaped me into my love for space exploration. Would love to return the favor to him.

Show Image

I like building some of the sets... and then he takes them one step further.

Show Image

Holy crap that legoscape!! That's awesome. It's cool that you guys can bond so much over something like Star Wars! That seems to be a recurring theme in this thread and is not something I even expected to think about. There are lots of generational fans sharing the new movie with their kids! That's so cool. Almost makes me want one!

Show Image

Show Image

SNOW! haha. That's awesome. I bet your lego appreciated getting to go out for an adventure :p

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:54:18 »
So time is almost up! But everyone should feel free to keep bonding about Star Wars.

I couldn't pick just one entry, so Scubaste and I made 3 more caps over the weekend. All of them are 1 off colors and I'll post a picture at some point. I'll be selecting 3 of my favorite entries, then I'll let RNGesus pick the fourth.

This has been fun! And has been good for me! Thanks to all you homies for being awesome and nice and participating. <3

Show Image

ahhh! i love that! It's not too late yet! Still an hour left, in fact :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:56:26 »
Thanks for the awesome giveaway and good luck all. Keywok is adorable.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:59:37 »
does this count as a submission? if not i'm still cool with just sharing  :cool:

120093-0
120095-1
120097-2
Projects

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:04:46 »
So time is almost up! But everyone should feel free to keep bonding about Star Wars.

I couldn't pick just one entry, so Scubaste and I made 3 more caps over the weekend. All of them are 1 off colors and I'll post a picture at some point. I'll be selecting 3 of my favorite entries, then I'll let RNGesus pick the fourth.

This has been fun! And has been good for me! Thanks to all you homies for being awesome and nice and participating. <3

Show Image

ahhh! i love that! It's not too late yet! Still an hour left, in fact :D

BOOPER HAS SPOKEN

Offline twk

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:09:11 »

Nice, very generous of you!

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:12:21 »
Oh wow! That is pretty awesome! Tell your wife I like that a lot :D
I will tell her only if  I win. JOKING. Sadly she isn't my wife yet.
But I will be sure to pass it on.
Thanks again for an awesome giveaway and a chance to win.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:14:31 »
I think the best part about this giveaway is reading all these stories. For me the most interesting one was nubbs perspective, as one who lived on the other side of the Iron Courtain I can understand that so well.
And by the way, I've been looking for one of those Polish posters for ages. Been looking also for the Romanian one, it's not so nice as the Polish ones but it's ours :
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:17:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone else see this?

Show Image

I do, the flower box shows through just enough. That's awesome.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:21:04 »
I think the best part about this giveaway is reading all these stories. For me the most interesting one was nubbs perspective, as one who lived on the other side of the Iron Courtain I can understand that so well.
And by the way, I've been looking for one of those Polish posters for ages. Been looking also for the Romanian one, it's not so nice as the Polish ones but it's ours :
Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Irvin-Kershner-Polish-Poster-/361439399210?hash=item5427778d2a:g:xAIAAOSwgyxWW1DU

I know I've seen a bunch of them for sale elsewhere, but they're always tricky to find.  This was the first one that popped up when I went searching.

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:23:15 »
LOL! that is toooo adorable! I love that drawing.

Also I like your memory! My brother is 2 years older than me and he did the same thing! HA I always had fun though. Nothing wrong with a few bruises and he is the one who got me into star wars and comics and legos and stuff in the first place! I always wanted to do whatever he was doing when I was little :)

Thanks!!! Haha I'm older than my sister by two years as well! She also followed me around a lot as a kid but that is definitely not the case now XD. I'm actually surprised she wants to see Star Wars with my dad and I, but it'll be fun :D!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:26:52 »
Show Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Irvin-Kershner-Polish-Poster-/361439399210?hash=item5427778d2a:g:xAIAAOSwgyxWW1DU

I know I've seen a bunch of them for sale elsewhere, but they're always tricky to find.  This was the first one that popped up when I went searching.
They are making reprints, that is cool, the original posters I used to see were quite rare and expensive.
But this is very cool, these are one of the best posters ever made for the Star Wars series.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:31:30 »
Yeah, the originals are ~$1k.  I would kill for some, but no way could I justify it.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:38:24 »
Yeah, the originals are ~$1k.  I would kill for some, but no way could I justify it.

There are a couple Mondo and Olly Moss posters I would love to get my hands on, but those too go for a lot of $$$.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:53:49 »
Been busy.
These are awesome
Sadly my room is in way too much of a mess to gather my Star Wars stuff up for a photo so I'll just talk about it lol

I have things ranging from my car being white w/ Stormtrooper mats, steering wheel cover, and license plate cover, down to things like a Lego Boba Fett keychain and a napkin with Boba Fett drawn on it given to me by Nubbinator. That being said, Stormtrooper themed things I enjoy and my favorite character is Boba Fett. Ewoks are my favorite type of people. (Which reminds me I don't know where my stuffed Ewok is :|)

My main things would be my car, my backpack (which is a Boba Fett one), my computer (Stormtrooper theme), and my Stormtrooper HHKB. I have plenty of plushies and small collectables I've gathered since I was a kid.

My story is quite odd because my parents are foreign so my dad wasn't into Star Wars. My half-brother (who's like... 16 years other than me) was a young teen when he first came here but quickly learned the American culture and later passed it on to me as he was pretty much my father figure.

He got me into Star Wars and fell in love with it ever since. I even found my own VHS box set of the original trilogy which should still be at my parent's house now that I think about it >.>

Either way, I've enjoyed the series and will continue to do so.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:48:50 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

It was really really difficult to pick winners out of this. I thoroughly enjoyed so many of your posts and pictures! When I looked back through the thread to get names for RNG, I even noticed more cool stuff that I had missed. I wish I could make a cap for like all 50 of you that participated!

But, without further ado, I'll list the winners -

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

I'll PM you guys for addresses :)

Thanks again everyone for participating!

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:51:18 by Booper »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:51:48 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

It was really really difficult to pick winners out of this. I thoroughly enjoyed so many of your posts and pictures! When I looked back through the thread to get names for RNG, I even noticed more cool stuff that I had missed. I wish I could make a cap for like all 50 of you that participated!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:02 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most
Yea! I plan to. The picture/names are not in order. Ha. Didn't even think about that

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:48 »
Congrats guys!

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:54:59 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats on all those that won! I knew I couldn't compete with some of the hardcore guys here but it was fun!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:56:19 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Nubbinator Glad he got one awesome. But can I ask you to send him the purple one I think he would like that the most
Yea! I plan to. The picture/names are not in order. Ha. Didn't even think about that
Awesomeness just wanted to check :x

Fire channels to boopers mind send bunny the pink one OOoooooOOOoooo and Jorik the black one OOOOooooooO
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:01:56 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:

:llama:

Thanks Booper!  Those are awesome.  Fire Brand knows me, the purple and green are my two favorites, but I'm going to be thrilled with any of them.  So fricken cute.

Thanks again for the awesome giveaway!

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 13:02:09 »
Aaalllllrighty guys!

Nubbinator
Jokrik
Bunnylake
Belfong

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats to you guys! Thanks for sharing your stories.

Maybe one day I will own a booper...