geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Introducing the "MK Vendor Trust and Safety System" for Group Buys

<< < (8/10) > >>

codecoffeecode:
I think that this system will be a great step forward, and I'm excited to see if it can make a positive impact. The system definitely needs time to make a real effect on the community, but there is just one thing I'd like to see as the system moves from a draft to the real deal: versioning.

As far as I can tell, Google Docs doesn't support redlining (at least not natively), but I would like to see when updates are made specifically to the language surrounding the vendor classifications as well as the language of the terms and definitions.

I think a Github repository could serve this purpose well: Github would allow the community to easily track changes to the main document, view the vendor rating pages in a more organized fashion, as well as provide a platform for posting and discussing issues surrounding the system. I also think a repository would scale better, especially as more vendors and individuals participate in the system.

HubertThemad:
Thanks to all who have worked (and continue to work) on this doc.

As others have mentioned above, it's not a perfect system, and it doesn't mean that a trusted/high-rated vendor means they're 100% safe or there will be zero problems (just like how a vendor/solo runner not being on this doc doesn't = scammer), but it is useful.

edit: grammar

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: codecoffeecode on Tue, 14 November 2023, 22:28:41 ---I think that this system will be a great step forward, and I'm excited to see if it can make a positive impact. The system definitely needs time to make a real effect on the community, but there is just one thing I'd like to see as the system moves from a draft to the real deal: versioning.

As far as I can tell, Google Docs doesn't support redlining (at least not natively), but I would like to see when updates are made specifically to the language surrounding the vendor classifications as well as the language of the terms and definitions.

I think a Github repository could serve this purpose well: Github would allow the community to easily track changes to the main document, view the vendor rating pages in a more organized fashion, as well as provide a platform for posting and discussing issues surrounding the system. I also think a repository would scale better, especially as more vendors and individuals participate in the system.

--- End quote ---

Great point, making sure this is all captured and easily digested will be important. There is already a changelog at the top of the doc, but that doesn't explain what exactly the change is - will make sure this is addressed in the future. :thumb:

mgsickler:
To chime in one aspect here. As a direct competitor to Drop, I have 0 issues with Hoffman being part of this.

codecoffeecode:
One question I do have is: will the December 8th enforcement date be coordinated across all participating platforms?

So far, the only found hard dates I've found were in this thread and specific to GeekHack. I don't see any dates on the r/mechanicalkeyboards, r/mechmarket, or the MechMarket discord posts. I definitely may have just missed them, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version