geekhack Community > Off Topic

How do people with jobs find time to go to the gym?

<< < (11/12) > >>

Kavik:

--- Quote from: iamtootallforthis on Sat, 03 February 2024, 18:54:15 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 03 February 2024, 17:35:47 ---I have figured out a routine that works for me: Exercising vigorously in my bedroom after work at around midnight for 30mins before I jump in the shower. 30 mins, 6x a week.

I have crunched the time numbers, and have so many times over the last 2 weeks made good intentions to go to the gym instead of working out at home. But it simply is too much hassle. If I were to go to the gym it would turn my convenient 30 minute workout into a drawn out 80min+ pain in the ass to get ready and get to/from the gym.

It just doesn't ****ing work. There is simply no time for me to go. If I had equipment at home it would be 100% doable.

--- End quote ---

Home gym equipment can be found for relatively solid pricing on Facebook marketplace or OfferUp

--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest Titan Fitness because it used to be insanely cheap (if one didn't care about some minor hand-fitting or RMAing certain pieces), but I just checked the website, and everything is approaching Rogue prices. I got my power rack shipped to my house for $306.10 in 2018.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Thu, 14 December 2023, 02:26:06 ---
--- Quote from: iri on Wed, 13 December 2023, 17:02:33 ---I have both gains and normal lunches.

--- End quote ---

I'm surrounded by teen-20 something year old kids who eat 3500-4k calories a day talking about how they are losing weight.
Meanwhile I have a cup of coffee and a stick of jerky all day, and gain 5lbs.

Life is a ****ing scam.

--- End quote ---

the last month or so my appetite has been really reduced for some reason and I've lost 7 lbs so far. dunno how or why but hopefully im finally getting that teenage boy metabolism i was always promised

iri:
I hope it isn't drugs :p

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: iri on Mon, 05 February 2024, 16:04:28 ---I hope it isn't drugs :p

--- End quote ---

Oh yaeh forgot to mention ive gotten into meth lately

pelfox:
walking my dog has become my favorite alternative to the gym. it's a peaceful way to stay active while enjoying the outdoors plus, the companionship. it's a simple yet effective way to incorporate exercise into my routine without the pressure of a formal workout and I just lift in my garage (work night shifts)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version