Author Topic: [IC] Infinikey: PBT Islander - GB May 15 to 29 Deskmats added  (Read 82808 times)

Offline Coneree

Re: [IC] Infinikey: PBT Islander
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:25:40 »
i dont even play AC and id cop this. great work!
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline Chan

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 11:45:37 »
I'm in for one!

Offline delet_d

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 16:26:17 »
How thick are infinikey pbt caps?

Offline ghlurker

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 17:43:51 »
I'm in!

Offline Banshii

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 18:46:21 »
He's coming for my wallet just like Tom Nook.... This set is fantastic!

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 21:40:08 »
Oh dang. This looks magical~!! I had no idea I wanted this until I found it. I'm super excited to see this keyset. (:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 22:20:06 »
@OP

Will be happy to proxy for the SEA region, hmu if you wanna chat  :thumb:
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline 1cubesolver

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 22:33:23 »
Oh wow. I'm very interested in this. Looks great!

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 23:37:12 »
Really cute set!

Offline senjo

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 01:24:33 »
cute, like icecream or jelly

Offline gsh997

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 04:56:32 »
可爱

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 05:07:42 »
What a lovely set!

Any chance of the leaf novelty in the base set?

Offline Radium

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 06:45:09 »
What a cute keycaps. :D
And i wonder if the space of Infinikey keycaps is warp?

Offline Mekanist

• Archetype
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 11:06:07 »
Super tempting :) Splendid job.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 12:41:09 »
How thick are infinikey pbt caps?

I just measured one of mine to be 1.46mm

What a lovely set!

Any chance of the leaf novelty in the base set?

Probably not. Novelties will stick with novelties.
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline kamisamamizu

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 13:45:19 »
Hey I love it!
But I wanna change some things about the novelties.
Why have only 1u novelties for R2? Wouldn't it be better to have a 1.5 replacement for tab?
Also with R3, apart from enter, you need one for caps lock.
For R4, I'd love to have a 2.75u shift novelty. How about the vaulting pole?
I'd also love an ISO enter with the axe.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 16:49:41 »
Hey I love it!
But I wanna change some things about the novelties.
Why have only 1u novelties for R2? Wouldn't it be better to have a 1.5 replacement for tab?
Also with R3, apart from enter, you need one for caps lock.
For R4, I'd love to have a 2.75u shift novelty. How about the vaulting pole?
I'd also love an ISO enter with the axe.

1u's are to fill columnal space on boards, like my 45-ATS/Adelie, any 65 board, and boards like the TMO, or J-01. The novelties kit is plenty large, I'm not sure expansion is the play here. I'll consider it.
[/url]

Offline srignacio

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:54:06 »
I'm in! this is awesome!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:59:43 »
Just when I started thinking that caving-in to the scalpers on eBay for the AC edition switch was the worst purchase of my gaming life, this IC comes out just in time to save me.  Bless you, my man.

Definitely in!

Offline Chungle

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 00:14:26 »
This is awesome! I'm building a Norbaforce MK II with the Desert Palm finish and this would actually look SO good with it. Count me in. I will say I would love it if the brown spacebar was in the base kit but I can see why you went with the white. Guess I'll just have to get all three kits :shrug:
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2020, 00:17:36 by Chungle »

Offline vinyldoodles

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 09:41:41 »
Shut up and take my Bells!

Offline Flamboyant Ham

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 12:22:11 »
My girlfriend would love this!

Offline Chungle

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 20:52:17 »
Hey, just thought about this; are there any plans to have a deskmat to go along with this set? It wouldn't have to have any explicitly AC stuff on it necessarily. Like maybe an island surrounded by ocean in the sun or something. Or just some kind of pattern of AC-like items like the leaf using the color scheme of the set.

Offline sygo_

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 01:27:23 »
Love the colours! The novelties and cute aswell, nice work!

Offline Abec13

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 10:55:51 »
Hey, just thought about this; are there any plans to have a deskmat to go along with this set? It wouldn't have to have any explicitly AC stuff on it necessarily. Like maybe an island surrounded by ocean in the sun or something. Or just some kind of pattern of AC-like items like the leaf using the color scheme of the set.

Yes! It's a WIP
[/url]

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 15:03:57 »

Yes! It's a WIP

Honestly the sig. image would be sick as a deskmat!

Offline aodaliya1234

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 03:28:23 »
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss PBT as well, after realising how horrible gmk is with the shine i have fully converted to going pbt and other types.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 21:35:41 »
Just an idea, I saw you mentioned that brown text on the colored mods were to keep uniformity of contrast. Have you experimented with making the mod legends a darker lightness of the same hue on the mods? I.e. a darker green (but same hue) legend on the green mod, etc? Either way it looks awesome as it is, just might be something cool to try ! I'd love to try doing some desk mat work for this set if ya haven't done it yet!!

Offline zabblleon

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 19:29:59 »
Have you experimented with making the mod legends a darker lightness of the same hue on the mods? I.e. a darker green (but same hue) legend on the green mod, etc?

Seconded, this would look great. Maybe as a modifier kit?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 19:06:08 »
ALL IN.

Offline methbreath69

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 20:21:28 »
Dark green legends would look amaaazing. Hope you experiment more with legend colors! I'm definitely in.

Offline silversung

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 18:54:47 »
I NEED this to happen. This would look so cute on the frosted Uni660!

Offline Abec13

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 20:47:19 »
Interesting choice of colors (I'd now need to have not a beige case, but a sand colored one).

Regarding the layout, I see its following Infinikey's actually pretty good template for the base and expansion kits. That said, there are a couple suggestions I'd make to improve this IC (and the template).

1) The base kit has two `~ keys, as is standard: alpha-colored and a mod-colored. That said, in this key there's "left-mod" (green" and "right-mod" (blue colors), and this key is only available as left-mod. Perhaps there could be an additional right-mod version of it, for the compat 60% keyboards that move it to the right side of the keyboard.

2) Swap the R3 #~ (UK-only) in the base kit with the R3 \| (US only) key in the expansion kit. This is a problem shared with all the recent Infinikey sets, which (IMNAAHO) should be solved before it gets "codified", so to speak, as the "correct" way (which... isn't). For extra brownie points, an R4 <> keycap could be added, to allow both PC style and terminal style to be supported.

HTH!

Thanks for the note about the `~ as for your comment about the ISO keys: while you seem to be more vocal about your preferences than some, I've head others prefer it the way I have here as not to have duplicate of backslash-pipe on R3 and 4.
[/url]

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 21:18:16 »
Interesting choice of colors (I'd now need to have not a beige case, but a sand colored one).

Regarding the layout, I see its following Infinikey's actually pretty good template for the base and expansion kits. That said, there are a couple suggestions I'd make to improve this IC (and the template).

1) The base kit has two `~ keys, as is standard: alpha-colored and a mod-colored. That said, in this key there's "left-mod" (green" and "right-mod" (blue colors), and this key is only available as left-mod. Perhaps there could be an additional right-mod version of it, for the compat 60% keyboards that move it to the right side of the keyboard.

2) Swap the R3 #~ (UK-only) in the base kit with the R3 \| (US only) key in the expansion kit. This is a problem shared with all the recent Infinikey sets, which (IMNAAHO) should be solved before it gets "codified", so to speak, as the "correct" way (which... isn't). For extra brownie points, an R4 <> keycap could be added, to allow both PC style and terminal style to be supported.

HTH!

Thanks for the note about the `~ as for your comment about the ISO keys: while you seem to be more vocal about your preferences than some, I've head others prefer it the way I have here as not to have duplicate of backslash-pipe on R3 and 4.

Well, you could go "terminal style" instead and avoid that duplication (at the expense of adding one key to the mega add-on kit).

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:44:19 »

HTH!

Well, you could go "terminal style" instead and avoid that duplication (at the expense of adding one key to the mega add-on kit).

It’s always tough to please everyone.

Have you considered a smaller, cheaper, base kit and a few regional expansion kits? Uk iso, expanded ansi, EU iso etc.?

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:16:53 »

HTH!

Have you considered a smaller, cheaper, base kit and a few regional expansion kits? Uk iso, expanded ansi, EU iso etc.?

I demand a smaller and cheaper kit that nevertheless contains more keys and better compatibility. And accents for all. It's, like, TOTALLY doable and stuff.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline kbye

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:53:05 »
Canadian vendor please!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 18:51:42 »

The way to avoid duplicate legends is to change the R4 key to <>.

Offline loserbot3000

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:51:42 »
gonna need this!

Offline asciisii

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:59:31 »
Canadian vendor please!

Yes pleaseeee. Deskhero maybe?

Offline dommyy13

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:38:20 »
I would build an ansi board just for this

Offline TheFourthCow

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 17:36:13 »
I love it! Needs an ortho set though

Offline Degree

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 18:32:30 »
Definitely joining! Any deskmats planned?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 19:29:09 »
Definitely joining! Any deskmats planned?

Yeah, Abec said it's a WIP!

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 00:31:49 »
I love it! Needs an ortho set though

Base + Expansion  :cool:

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 06:52:51 »

HTH!

I demand a smaller and cheaper kit that nevertheless contains more keys and better compatibility. And accents for all. It's, like, TOTALLY doable and stuff.  ;D ;D ;D

I was actually asking for a smaller base kit with paid for expansions, like UK ISO, etc. But okay?

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 07:32:28 »

I was actually asking for a smaller base kit with paid for expansions, like UK ISO, etc. But okay?

Now, now... everyone should pay the same amount money (including shipping and taxes), get the same keycaps AND be equally satisfied. TOTALLY doable and stuff.

Offline roznalos

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 03:05:04 »
I'm definitely in on this one. So many awesome keycaps, but not enough boards(that I own)!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 09:01:07 »
I'm definitely in on this one. So many awesome keycaps, but not enough boards(that I own)!

I'm beginning to have the same problem..

Offline retainerbox

• meow
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 13:01:18 »
Haven't bought a new set in years but I'd be interested! Any chance of Hiragana characters??

ErgoDox/Magic Girl, AVA/Islander,  ALU68/Godspeed, VOID40/Dark Magic Girl