Author Topic: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2  (Read 221859 times)

Offline Tetriswizard

Re: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 05:31:12 »
I posted earlier in the thread, but I'll post again since I can afford it now.
Count me in. I want the black, but if it becomes available, i'll definitely take Purple.

Check my mixtape, fam.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 08:58:10 »
I posted earlier in the thread, but I'll post again since I can afford it now.
Count me in. I want the black, but if it becomes available, i'll definitely take Purple.
I don't think it will be available in purple but oh man would that be cool...

Offline kablekill

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 06:01:26 »
Hey guys, this Interest checker still going at the moment for the board?

Thanks.
Poker II(Red), QuickFire TK(Red), DK9008G2(Red), Keycool 84(Red), Race II(Red)
Bro Caps - Star Cluster V2, Interstellar Blue V2, Nebulus V2, Andromeda Skies V2

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:32:25 »
Hey guys, this Interest checker still going at the moment for the board?

Thanks.
Yup if there is enough interest it will launch sometime after the orion v2 run.

Offline tom.smykowski

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 00:17:53 »
I'm in if there is a round 2!

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 06:31:44 »
Definitely interested now. Might also opt for an extra case at this point. One grey and one red case.

Let me know if this GB is ever gonna launch.

As a further note, I am living in Malaysia, and if anyone needs assembly, drop me a PM and I'll do my best to come up with an arrangement.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:56:11 »
Acrylic is cheap, and I don't just mean cost. Check out the RS3 though, sounds like you might like that more.

@orionv2. I think it's over already.

I'm familiar with the red scarf III.
However I don't understand how one can compare the simple, flat layered case of the rsIII with the orion v2 example which would be a milled aluminum top on a (less but still angled) milled acrylic bottom.

I would agree that the rsIII looks cheap, but as far as I understand,  you pretty much implied acrylic always looks cheap? ('Acrylic is cheap, and I don't just mean cost.')

Honestly I would very much disagree that the acrylic aluminum combo will always looks cheap, and Orion to me would be a great example of that.
(Even the Lightsaver, and the orion aluminum bottom, are designed to feature acrylic side inlays as you probably know)

I would choose Lightsaver over rsIII anytime and I was kinda offended you suggested I might prefer rsIII tbh.

Ah I meant more the feel/durability of the material more than the look! Polycarb is the way to go; more durable all around, including scratch resistance.
The look is not the same from LS to RS but I meant if you wanted the layout but with a smaller angle, the RS3 would suit your needs, while it may not be as aesthetically pleasing.

@everyone: while the GB has ended for orion v2 the GB is not technically over until the orders are fulfilled. LS GB is likely a long way off still

Offline SL89

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 15:37:27 »
Thanks for that TC, whats the current count or there abouts? I'm in no rush as I've said before. Let the Orion boys have their fun you know. Also thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 16:44:11 »
Thanks for that TC, whats the current count or there abouts? I'm in no rush as I've said before. Let the Orion boys have their fun you know. Also thanks again for keeping us in the loop.

Check the first post

Offline retainerbox

• meow
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 10:21:04 »
Love, love the layout, not so sure about the aluminum casing (just a personal preference).

Is it possible to get frosted matte cases (ie. Orion v2) made (general question, not necessarily asking for part of the group buy)?? Where would I find somewhere to do that?

ErgoDox/Magic Girl, AVA/Islander,  ALU68/Godspeed, VOID40/Dark Magic Girl

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 11:13:49 »
Love, love the layout, not so sure about the aluminum casing (just a personal preference).

Is it possible to get frosted matte cases (ie. Orion v2) made (general question, not necessarily asking for part of the group buy)?? Where would I find somewhere to do that?

Check out the chinese version called the Red Scarf 3.

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:34:34 »
Is it still possible to show interest in a LSv2? When possible I am definitively interested in a full kit.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 17:51:26 »
I'm interested in putting my name on the list to buy it when it gets to a group buy!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Mormur

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 20:11:18 »
Also interested, would also be looking for someone in the Vancouver BC area who has switches/would be able to assemble it for me.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 02:01:22 »
Also interested, would also be looking for someone in the Vancouver BC area who has switches/would be able to assemble it for me.

ZealPC might be able to help you out. But he's out of Cherry switches afaik, but will be stocking Gateron, which is the new hype.

Check out the chinese version called the Red Scarf 3.

Aside from the RS3 Duck has actually made 3D files for an acrylic case for the lightsaver. Way way back in the day. I can't be bothered to find the link right now, but you could get them cut locally and have a certified Duck acrylic case for your lightsaver.

I'll update the op in the next few days. We're sitting around 40 even with the dropouts. I'm sure it's garnered enough interest to warrant a buy. That said it's up to when they have time to do it. Imagine a few months after Orion is complete.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 12:16:46 »
I'll update the op in the next few days. We're sitting around 40 even with the dropouts. I'm sure it's garnered enough interest to warrant a buy. That said it's up to when they have time to do it. Imagine a few months after Orion is complete.

That's great news! I have been wanting this board ever since I first got into Mechs. It seemed like a much better version of the CM tk which I loved. I now have my Gateron Blacks ready to go onto the LS. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer  ;D

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 13:23:06 »
Great News! Really happy to get some updates, and patiently waiting for whenever the GB happens! =)

Also didn't know there was a design for a acrylic case way back, does anyone have a link by any chance? I need to do some research on this...

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 14:52:12 »
I couldn't find the 3d file [which was made available]
but I did find this gallery with a quick google

http://duck0113.tistory.com/73

edit: found them, they're hosted @kbdlab on this page
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=209&mid=board_housing

Offline retainerbox

• meow
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 15:00:31 »
Aside from the RS3 Duck has actually made 3D files for an acrylic case for the lightsaver. Way way back in the day. I can't be bothered to find the link right now, but you could get them cut locally and have a certified Duck acrylic case for your lightsaver.

:O That would be awesome, whenever you get the chance. I would definitely be interested if I could get the 3D files...

Does anyone want to buy just the aluminum case when the group buy happens? ;D Haha.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2015, 15:08:09 by retainerbox »

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 15:51:16 »

:O That would be awesome, whenever you get the chance. I would definitely be interested if I could get the 3D files...

Does anyone want to buy just the aluminum case when the group buy happens? ;D Haha.

Yepp, there are a couple of us who are just interested in the case, although since the GB is not happening very soon anyway, I think I can be persuaded to buy a whole kit if case-only isn't happening.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 18:36:47 »

I found the files for the acrylic housing and posted them earlier in the thread [link below]
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69409.msg1736584#msg1736584

Offline Nickh

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:03:13 »
Yes yes yes!  Super interested in a full kit!  I absolutely love this layout. 

Offline retainerbox

• meow
« Reply #272 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 09:05:22 »

I found the files for the acrylic housing and posted them earlier in the thread [link below]
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69409.msg1736584#msg1736584

You're the best. Very interested in purchasing now.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 14:00:14 »
I NEED one. Count me in for a silver case! :cool:

Offline naps250

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 03:03:16 »
I don't have any experience with CAD tools and models but I opened the acrylic case file online and all I could see is the 2D drawing shown on the site you linked.

Do I have to download a proper viewer to see the full information (measurements, I suppose, and in 3D) or is the file missing information?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 04:28:47 »
I don't have any experience with CAD tools and models but I opened the acrylic case file online and all I could see is the 2D drawing shown on the site you linked.

Do I have to download a proper viewer to see the full information (measurements, I suppose, and in 3D) or is the file missing information?

All of the pieces of the acrylic kit are 2d. It's built in layers, typical of acrylic cases.
It's different than the 11 degree, CNC'd aluminum bottom.
This is not the GB but a different option that was produced at one point in time.
Since Duck didn't plan on making it any more he made the files available in case someone wanted to have one produced locally.

Offline tj_gee

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 19:04:32 »
In for one w/ silver case.

Really not digging the high profile case though and I don't believe there are any ships that work on acrylic near me. Sucks.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:56:32 »
I am interested, my funds may need some time to recover after taking a heavy blow for getting two Pok3rs and a Granite keyset though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:58:06 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:14:34 »

All of the pieces of the acrylic kit are 2d. It's built in layers, typical of acrylic cases.
It's different than the 11 degree, CNC'd aluminum bottom.
This is not the GB but a different option that was produced at one point in time.
Since Duck didn't plan on making it any more he made the files available in case someone wanted to have one produced locally.

It might be time to update the list in the OP and maybe mention this. How are we looking like so far and when?

Offline gamer179

• Public Enemy #1
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 00:26:36 »
Please count me in for a complete set in silver!  :thumb:

Offline shimmy1996

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 20:20:06 »
Is the gray option same as blue gray in later duck buys? If so, count me in for a complete set.  :p

Offline icesnaker

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 09:23:26 »
Dear Taylordcraig,

I was admiring from china, i want to buy below attachment picture keyboard, could you please tell me how to buy it? thanks so much!!!

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 03:55:25 »
Dear Taylordcraig,

I was admiring from china, i want to buy below attachment picture keyboard, could you please tell me how to buy it? thanks so much!!!

Hi!
We are all wanting to buy it.  ;D
The maker of the keyboard will hopefully be doing a group buy for us later this year.
I'm talking out of my ass but I guess September.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 04:05:27 »
Dear Taylordcraig,

Hi!
We are all wanting to buy it.  ;D
The maker of the keyboard will hopefully be doing a group buy for us later this year.
I'm talking out of my ass but I guess September.

possibly sooner unless they lined something up after the Orion buy already?
EDIT: and on a side note, i'd still be willing to do 5 or so assemblies pro-bono if that would be the only thing keeping people from participating in this. I would of course do more depending on when this actually ships, and some compensation would be appreciated,
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2015, 04:08:11 by fknraiden »

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 14:08:23 »
If you wouldn't mind doing my assembly, I certainly don't mind throwing you a fat tip, even though you're willing to do pro-bono.

I'm a complex customer.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 17:10:51 »
If group buy is around September then count me in!
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Zwi

• hi.
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 20:48:17 »
Definitely interested! Count me in.

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 14:52:46 »
Count me in to this group buy as well  ;) Excited for this one

Offline elton5354

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 18:37:03 »
There will be a delay in producing these... I don't think Lightsaver V2 will be next in production after Orion V2. Maybe next year...they have other plans in mind.  Sorry for the bad news. :(

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 18:37:54 »
There will be a delay in producing these... I don't think Lightsaver V2 will be next in production after Orion V2. Maybe next year...they have other plans in mind.  Sorry for the bad news. :(
Right in the feels. :(

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 18:45:11 »

Ouch  :'( and I was just going to suggest updating the interest count in the OP  :))

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 19:47:26 »
Welp. Sorry guys. Thanks for letting us know Elton. At least the duck guys know that there is a lot of interest for the future.

Offline bianco

« Reply #292 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 01:34:27 »

any teaser/info regarding the other plans? fullsize plus keyboard?  ;D

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #293 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 01:44:12 »
Oh well. Someday I'll get my hands on one.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #294 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 03:13:26 »
Wow I am absolutely gutted. When this IC first went live I really thought a GB might be in progress by now.

Offline Mormur

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 12:14:41 »
any info on what they will be making next after the Orion v2?

Offline Keyzus

« Reply #296 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 12:41:53 »
Possibly a Duck 1800?   :cool:

1800s seem to be all the rage these days.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 13:14:29 »
Possibly a Duck 1800?   :cool:

1800s seem to be all the rage these days.
It would also be a nice alternative to the Lightsaver. Though kin is doing one right now. :\

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #298 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 13:31:55 »
Wow I am absolutely gutted. When this IC first went live I really thought a GB might be in progress by now.

The orion is still happening right now.  :confused:
From the beginning I've been nothing but transparent about the orion happening first.
I got the IC up so "early" because people were clamoring before Thanksgiving that they wanted another run.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 13:48:22 »

The orion is still happening right now.  :confused:
From the beginning I've been nothing but transparent about the orion happening first.
I got the IC up so "early" because people were clamoring before Thanksgiving that they wanted another run.

Sorry, don't get me wrong. I just meant to express how much I am looking forward to a lightsaver. You've been very clear in what you've said. I've just been madly optimistic that Orion would finish soon (I wasn't really following that thread).