Author Topic: Tapatalk API  (Read 24045 times)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Tapatalk API
« on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 20:58:27 »
Tapatalk version 4 got released recently.  It works for the most part, but notifications and a few other parts do not work correctly.  I'll post here when we have the plugin updated (we need iMav's help).
Russ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Tapatalk API
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 21:11:35 »
Tapatalk version 4 got released recently.  It works for the most part, but notifications and a few other parts do not work correctly.  I'll post here when we have the plugin updated (we need iMav's help).

Good to know since I'm using it now. Thanks for the info!

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 18:06:45 »

Great!
SS 7G black - Pure red - poker blue (MKC Tray)

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:43:05 »
I notice notifications are working again with the latest Tapatalk 4 update.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 02:03:50 »
Hi, just wondering if GH is using the latest Tapatalk Plugin. From the app, when I enabled Push Notification, I don't see GH shown. Other forums like deskthority are listed and I could choose whether I want to be notified when receiving a PM or a subscribed thread. I can only conclude that GH is not using the latest plugin. Will you take a look please?

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 18:48:00 »
I'll take a look.
Russ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 18:51:10 »

I'll take a look.
Thanks. I actually checked with the Tapatalk dev and they told me GH is using outdated ones.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 18:57:27 »
It's been a while, so I am am not surprised.  Their SMF API is almost never plug-and-play, either.
Russ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 17:56:20 »
Tapatalk has been updated to the very latest.
Russ

Offline Belfong

Tapatalk API
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 18:13:34 »
Tapatalk has been updated to the very latest.

Thank you very much!

Edit: to say notifications worked beautifully. Thank you @rknize !!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 21:30:32 by Belfong »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:20:36 »
Just in case, there's a new version plugin released. And we can subscribed to forum and get notified when new thread created

https://support.tapatalk.com/index.php?threads/Tapatalk-for-SMF-Plugin---Release-Announcement-and-Changelog.4080/#post-144286

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:35:12 »
Should we be receiving notifications via Tapatalk of new PMs?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:35:35 »
not sure if it is a specific thing to my account, but i can no longer connect using tapatalk, I can connect to other forums fine, it seesm to just be GH

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:39:19 »
not sure if it is a specific thing to my account, but i can no longer connect using tapatalk, I can connect to other forums fine, it seesm to just be GH

Since the introduction of HTTPS, quite a few people had to delete and re-add GH into Tapatalk.  Have you done that recently?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 00:07:35 »
I get a notification for new PMs all the time, rowdy.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 00:32:05 »

Since the introduction of HTTPS, quite a few people had to delete and re-add GH into Tapatalk.  Have you done that recently?

Worked a treat  thanks! !!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:14:12 »
I get a notification for new PMs all the time, rowdy.

Hmmm ... I get notifications for topics I am watching (or, rather, that I clicked the "notify" button for), but never for PMs.

Is there a setting I missed somewhere to enable it?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:16:54 »
Are you using iOS? It's in the notification section of Tapatalk.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 18:00:28 »
Soooo, with the new ugly Tapatalk that is here to stay, I wonder if the admin will change the background graphic from the generic one to something more GH related.

This is what I meant:

(Reusing an old screen shot. I'd like to see the background pointed by the arrows personalized)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 20:59:44 »
Hey there mod, wondering if it's time to update that Tapatalk plugin? There's a bug with the current one - Participated view (in Tapatalk), which is the same as Watched, is not sorted base on recent discussions. Thanks!