Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370236 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
looks super clean!

So PC option confirmed huh...  :thumb:

YES!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Anyone like this badge? Just a thought. Potter said we choose 1 marine theme badge (out of the 4 designed). Lightbulb badge will be made for sure.

241583-0

Offline aclassynerd

Anyone like this badge? Just a thought. Potter said we choose 1 marine theme badge (out of the 4 designed). Lightbulb badge will be made for sure.

(Attachment Link)

I like it. Looks more consistent. Maybe take out the line underneath that anchor?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)

I like it. Looks more consistent. Maybe take out the line underneath that anchor?

It is the RGB lighting shining through a diffuser from underneath the badge, similar for other badges :)

Offline dereknt

I think the latest nautical theme deserve its own name instead of being a "v2.0". I looked at it and I don't see any Think6.5 characteristic in it. Please don't get me wrong, I think it is beautiful and to be on its own.

Offline Anj

I was sold with cat badge.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I think the latest nautical theme deserve its own name instead of being a "v2.0". I looked at it and I don't see any Think6.5 characteristic in it. Please don't get me wrong, I think it is beautiful and to be on its own.

Just playing with badge designs. I will make some for my own use but most of them will be left out of the GB except the weight which I really loved.

One more think element is forthcoming to the design :)

Offline dibkib

Just playing with badge designs. I will make some for my own use but most of them will be left out of the GB except the weight which I really loved.

One more think element is forthcoming to the design :)

But the weight is arguably the most prominent part of the nautical theme that a number of people are not so keen to see in this v2.0 and are saying should be its own board. I don't know, make it a separate KVID-20 board or something to remember if you're so intent on the backstory, but right now, adding this to THiNK is like Pringles saying they want to branch out and do popcorn haha

Offline Ultimatum

(Attachment Link)

I like it!

Offline Vireca

Why  is this new version 50 dollars more expensive than the R1 Think6.5?

Offline Shiftbuzz

Does the PC version have underglow lighting?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
CatThink metal artisan by AirPotter and Fannie. Thonk badge still being worked on.

241665-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I tweaked the rear side by removing the magnetic stripe badge that attaches to the bottom, so that the polycarbonate version can be properly machined and assembled.

There will be 3 additional rear designs I have finished and am rendering at this moment. And a major poll about the USB connector outlet will be live tomorrow, stay tuned! Thanks to many friends for the feedback. Let me know your thoughts!

Offline Shutter_Shock

I tweaked the rear side by removing the magnetic stripe badge that attaches to the bottom, so that the polycarbonate version can be properly machined and assembled.

There will be 3 additional rear designs I have finished and am rendering at this moment. And a major poll about the USB connector outlet will be live tomorrow, stay tuned! Thanks to many friends for the feedback. Let me know your thoughts!

Show Image

Show Image

There was a magnetic stripe badge? How did I miss that? Also looks good!!

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Show Image

Show Image

I didn't notice the stripe but I do like the clean look  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

Show Image

There was a magnetic stripe badge? How did I miss that? Also looks good!!

Haha there was indeed. Didn't pop out in discussions really so I think people aren't really impressed by the stripe badge, and it will be a nightmare to work with PC using that design, so I cut the magnetic stripe badge out.

Offline beekey

Show Image

Show Image

Looks nice, still like the 2u bottom position better. Hope there will be nice colour combinations.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Polycarb hell yes! Would the cat badges be available to swap in place of the lightbulb?

Offline Shutter_Shock

@oldcat do you think you'll publish the files for the badges again? I'm sure I'll like something from the options offered, but it definitely seems like a fun thing to play with.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
@oldcat do you think you'll publish the files for the badges again? I'm sure I'll like something from the options offered, but it definitely seems like a fun thing to play with.

Yeah can do that after the GB fulfillment (just need to confirm with Potter). One little caveat is that this badge design will have magnets and if you make a badge you also need to source right-sized magnets :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

This PC one is FIRE! Love it... Emblem in corner. Partial translucent. Clean!

Offline Freyon

I feel that the board should be called something else if it doesn't have the original badge placement, or if the top right 1u badge isn't a lightbulb. The design of the case is noticeably different, and if the two signature features of the think are removed, it doesn't really seem like a v2 of the same board :-\

I'd love to see a top right 1u badge with an upright, backlit lightbulb. Also, the badge showing on the side profile looks kinda weird to me. I think it'll look a lot cleaner if it's entirely mounted on top, like the iron165

On another note, keep up the great work! I really appreciate your openness and transparency. I have high hopes for you guys, been looking forward to an r2 :D

Offline ScullyD

(Attachment Link)

Absolutely love this badge.  Just take my money please!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I feel that the board should be called something else if it doesn't have the original badge placement, or if the top right 1u badge isn't a lightbulb. The design of the case is noticeably different, and if the two signature features of the think are removed, it doesn't really seem like a v2 of the same board :-\

I'd love to see a top right 1u badge with an upright, backlit lightbulb. Also, the badge showing on the side profile looks kinda weird to me. I think it'll look a lot cleaner if it's entirely mounted on top, like the iron165

On another note, keep up the great work! I really appreciate your openness and transparency. I have high hopes for you guys, been looking forward to an r2 :D

Thanks for the feedback. Believe the naming issue has been addressed earlier. It is now called v2 (meaning there are substantive changes) as opposed to r2 (more of a replica). It is also for convenience as I do not have plans for other projects or 'lines of keyboards.'

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)

Absolutely love this badge.  Just take my money please!

Thanks bro!

Offline Hoennn

Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 11:41:57 »
Locked.

Top right placement is preference.

super off topic, but how did you get all of those banners in your signature? I have a few of them on mine but only like 3 show up

Offline Shutter_Shock

Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 11:44:19 »
Locked.

Top right placement is preference.

super off topic, but how did you get all of those banners in your signature? I have a few of them on mine but only like 3 show up

Copy and paste the code into the signature portion of your forum profile page. If they have different aspect ratios, there might be problems with them all showing up. Idk if there is a limit on how many you can have.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I will be designing a couple of Thonk artisans based on this open emoji: https://openmoji.org/library/#search=think&emoji=1F914
Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: this is a stock art by Emily Jäger, under CC BY-SA 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Offline Shutter_Shock

I will be designing a couple of Thonk artisans based on this open emoji: https://openmoji.org/library/#search=think&emoji=1F914
Any thoughts?

Show Image

Disclaimer: this is a stock art by Emily Jäger, under CC BY-SA 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

I like the emoji. I am a little weird with artisans though. I don't personally like artisans that deviate from the profile of the rest of the keys. For example, I'm a sucker for RAMA keycaps and things like the Dwarf Factory Apollo artisans, but artisans that are sculptures or what have you don't do it for me. Again, all personal.

Offline dereknt

Any thoughts?

Show Image

We can have this as an easter eggs engraving some where in the keyboard LOL or we can print it on the PCB. *Thonk*

Offline ritingon

Oh my.  I'm 100% in for this -- and I'm typing on a v1 right now.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Any thoughts?

Show Image

I like the emoji. I am a little weird with artisans though. I don't personally like artisans that deviate from the profile of the rest of the keys. For example, I'm a sucker for RAMA keycaps and things like the Dwarf Factory Apollo artisans, but artisans that are sculptures or what have you don't do it for me. Again, all personal.

Yeah, it will be cherry profile R1 height (ESC in 65% boards)  :)

Offline Shutter_Shock

Any thoughts?

Show Image

Yeah, it will be cherry profile R1 height (ESC in 65% boards)  :)

Bless. Goodbye, money

Offline Sªint

I really like the new Light bulb icon feels like it stays true to the Think aspect of it while still feeling new and refreshed. Would love for that to be the badge on the back as well!

Offline ninjacore

Really like the detail around the usb port :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Really like the detail around the usb port :)

Love it too! As a matter of fact I designed 4 USB outlets, they all kind of look nice, and will put up a comparison image and a poll soon!

Offline musicgecko

Please let there be a polycarbonate version, would love to have one.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Please let there be a polycarbonate version, would love to have one.

Yes!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - 65% Custom Keyboard // CatThink | New Layout Poll!
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 12:28:26 »
New Poll about the USB outlet design choice and the Keyboard Compatible Layout options: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WVvH6Xy0c0S6COTEKRw8WwBMFHqbKpzIUaLOxDGYIEw/viewform

Cast your vote to shape the final design!
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:50:32 by oldcat »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 13:36:39 »
New Poll about the USB outlet design choice and the Keyboard Compatible Layout options: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WVvH6Xy0c0S6COTEKRw8WwBMFHqbKpzIUaLOxDGYIEw/viewform

Show Image

Show Image

Went with option D and wkl + split backspace  :thumb:

Offline r0b0t_D3vil

« Reply #440 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:13:38 »
Another vote for option D.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #441 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 14:42:53 »
B has a really great aesthetic to it imo

Offline musicgecko

« Reply #442 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 15:49:27 »
option B, much cleaner to me.

also any chance glass fiber enhanced PC or dyed PC will be in this round?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:22:36 by musicgecko »

Offline StanleyLelnats

« Reply #443 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 16:17:36 »
B looks great and goes with the theme really well imo. However, if people were to opt for the sailing aesthetic weight/badge it might be a bit out of place

Offline TeslaDev

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 16:23:48 »
Loving B and Default layout!

Mentally preparing to snap this up already. Amazing work.  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 17:40:28 »
Loving B and Default layout!

Mentally preparing to snap this up already. Amazing work.  :thumb:

Thank you very much! Come to reply to this since your username is super awesome!

Offline RedRhyno

Option D is super clean so voted for that. Option B is also nice. Default layout for sure.  :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Damnnn B with that gear is slick!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 20:59:27 »
option B, much cleaner to me.

also any chance glass fiber enhanced PC or dyed PC will be in this round?

Most likely no black PC this time... it was unfortunately much harder to machine and costly to surface treatment.

Offline aclassynerd

Love the gear detail, but seems a little inconsistent with the sailboat (badge) and anchor.

Maybe instead of the gear make it look like a boats wheel (helm?) ? idk just throwing ideas

I vote D for consistency cuz of that boat.