Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370547 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Love the gear detail, but seems a little inconsistent with the sailboat (badge) and anchor.

Maybe instead of the gear make it look like a boats wheel (helm?) ? idk just throwing ideas

I vote D for consistency cuz of that boat.

Boat badge is unfortunately voted the last place and most likely it will be gone. Anchor weight will stay.

Offline Roddin

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:. may i know when the GB will be open?

Offline FTR_Beat

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - 65% Custom Keyboard // CatThink | New Layout Poll!
« Reply #452 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 08:39:36 »
New Poll about the USB outlet design choice and the Keyboard Compatible Layout options: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WVvH6Xy0c0S6COTEKRw8WwBMFHqbKpzIUaLOxDGYIEw/viewform

Show Image

Show Image

Cast your vote to shape the final design!

I think D looks best. However, since this is a cut out, A and B would be my preference to get a seamless enclosure, case.

I am probably the only one who voted A and default =)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

depending on the progress of the space65 GB. Potter will start this GB after the space65 ships. So far the progress is looking good, so we should be looking at Q3 sometime. I will update the GB date as we get closer to space65 shipping.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:52:24 »
Most likely no black PC this time... it was unfortunately much harder to machine and costly to surface treatment.

Boat badge is unfortunately voted the last place and most likely it will be gone. Anchor weight will stay.

Damn unfortunate, these were the 2 I was most looking forward to. Guess I don't share popular opinion :(. Still looking forward to how this GB turns out!

Offline MadsMe

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 11:52:05 »
New Poll about the USB outlet design choice and the Keyboard Compatible Layout options: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WVvH6Xy0c0S6COTEKRw8WwBMFHqbKpzIUaLOxDGYIEw/viewform

Show Image

Show Image

Any chance that the boat engraving on option D will appear on the others? Or atleast an engraving of any kind?

Offline kwhilden

When you make a split-space-bar option... Please make an option for the 2.75u to be on the left side.  I always hit space with my left thumb. 2.25u on the left is too small and that's why I didn't get the Cyber voyager

Offline MaouPS

When you make a split-space-bar option... Please make an option for the 2.75u to be on the left side.  I always hit space with my left thumb. 2.25u on the left is too small and that's why I didn't get the Cyber voyager

+1, I wish this is more common.

Offline Shutter_Shock

+1, I wish this is more common.

As someone who always presses space bar with their right thumb, it fascinates me when I see someone always using their left or both. It's like crossing your arms with the opposite arm on top; using my left thumb to press space bar just feels so weird to me. Anyway, I'm not criticizing. I don't even use split space bar. I just have too much social-distancing-induced free time, and I thought I'd bump this IC. Sorry for the spam.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 21:38:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Any chance that the boat engraving on option D will appear on the others? Or atleast an engraving of any kind?

Thanks, will think about this!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Will consider if there is enough interest for split space. There are also people who want 3u-3u. It will require a lot of cuts to the plate, which I try to avoid.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
brought the LED lightstrip (above the badge) back to the 2U badge version, do you like it with or without LED lightstrip above where the badge is?

Offline Shutter_Shock

brought the LED lightstrip (above the badge) back to the 2U badge version, do you like it with or without LED lightstrip above where the badge is?

Show Image

I feel like it detracts a little from the backlighting in the badge, but I wouldn’t complain if you kept it. I’ll defer to you or others who may have a stronger opinion.

Offline Roddin

depending on the progress of the space65 GB. Potter will start this GB after the space65 ships. So far the progress is looking good, so we should be looking at Q3 sometime. I will update the GB date as we get closer to space65 shipping.

thanks for the update bro. can't wait. lol

Offline DeVita

Looks so nice! I read that the version 1 Think6.5 had a badgeless version, is that the same case here?

Offline spinozsa

Anchor weight will stay? Are you that desperate to please your wife and not have her idea shot down despite many others not liking it?

Offline jackofclubs

Will consider if there is enough interest for split space. There are also people who want 3u-3u. It will require a lot of cuts to the plate, which I try to avoid.

Yes +1 for the left 2.75u or 2 3us pleaaassssee! Also anything with the boat that can still be salvaged... I loved the nautical theme :/

Offline Shutter_Shock

Anchor weight will stay? Are you that desperate to please your wife and not have her idea shot down despite many others not liking it?

Hey. Be polite. Not cool.

Offline Spicemaster

Hey. Be polite. Not cool.

Yea, just here to affirm ^^ ain't cool.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

I personally like the anchor design way more than R1 weight, aesthetically. Thanks. And there are many who like it. Can't please everyone unfortunately :)

Offline noorejji

That’s too bad. GL w/GB.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
That’s too bad. GL w/GB.

Purely from aesthetic view, I feel boat badge won’t look good in 2U format, so I didn’t t even render it. It might actually looks great in 1U format so who knows I may be crazy enough to provide it eventually.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I will be designing a couple of Thonk artisans based on this open emoji: https://openmoji.org/library/#search=think&emoji=1F914
Any thoughts?

Show Image

Disclaimer: this is a stock art by Emily Jäger, under CC BY-SA 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

We can have this as an easter eggs engraving some where in the keyboard LOL or we can print it on the PCB. *Thonk*

Haha for sure, will think about where to engrave or print it :)

Offline DEMO S

• Demo Studio
Working on the prototype pcb!
PCB maker for premium keyboards.
Instagram: demostudio01

Offline JvMil

Looks amazing, def interested in the polycarbonate version!

Offline ScullyD

Show Image

I dig the light strip, i think it also depends on the board color.  On white or polycarbonate it won't be as distracting, but might be distracting on darker colors.

Offline spinozsa

I personally like the anchor design way more than R1 weight, aesthetically. Thanks. And there are many who like it. Can't please everyone unfortunately :)

Why not put up a vote for it? A vote to see if people either want the previous think logo, the anchor, with maybe 'other' as a third option.

Offline OsoKekkou

Like all the current renders on the front page! I'm cool with or without the LED Strip  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

I dig the light strip, i think it also depends on the board color.  On white or polycarbonate it won't be as distracting, but might be distracting on darker colors.

Will check with DemoS if strip light can be separately controlled from the badge light.

Offline L8T

Shame this doesnt support the bauer's layout, its the prettiest 65% layout imo.

Offline Koalified

I wouldn't  mind the lightstrip, although I'd prefer without it. Can't wait for the GB!  :thumb:

Offline aclassynerd

That’s too bad. GL w/GB.

Purely from aesthetic view, I feel boat badge won’t look good in 2U format, so I didn’t t even render it. It might actually looks great in 1U format so who knows I may be crazy enough to provide it eventually.

please get crazy! im curious to see  ;D

Offline Cresc3nt

I like the LED above the badge personally, I liked the little extra light option it has.

Offline KillerkratZ

The LED strip should serve a purpose eg. caps lock indicator
If not, i don't think its worth the extra cost to make it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Thonk #1 based on this open emoji: https://openmoji.org/library/#search=think&emoji=1F914

Credit: original emoji art by Emily Jäger, under CC BY-SA 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Hi,

Will you have a vendor for EU?

Offline r0b0t_D3vil

Love the thinking emoji keycap.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hi,

Will you have a vendor for EU?

Hey my friend, I thought about it, just feeling shipping via DHL from China might actually be cheaper for buyers?

Offline Vaudevi77ain

Will there be voting on the weight, or is that a fixed decision?

Offline sttppl

I think the OG version is better.

And I wish I had a cat light bulb badge.

Offline musicgecko

LED strip above 2u badge would seem distracting on top of the badge, would prefer keeping it clean without it.

Offline Ooga Booga

+1 for the LED strip

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I think the OG version is better.

And I wish I had a cat light bulb badge.

Thanks, I tried multiple times actually, and the cat badge actually doesn't look that good, hope cat artisan will turn out nicely.

Offline JoltFX

I will be keeping an eye out for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Made an additional Thonk with gears. Left Thonk or Right Thonk?

Offline VictorVallecano

Great KB! I am in.

What concerns the badge. Imo, emoji is not as great as gears/bulbs. Emoji with a gear looks like a grumpy wife with curlers, sorry  ;D

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Great KB! I am in.

What concerns the badge. Imo, emoji is not as great as gears/bulbs. Emoji with a gear looks like a grumpy wife with curlers, sorry  ;D

Left one is nice!!

Offline drevan

I'm partial to the left Thonk!

Offline spinozsa

Will there be voting on the weight, or is that a fixed decision?

We should get the option to vote on this.

Offline OsoKekkou

At 1st glance I thought the left thonk was hair and not a gear because of where the gears stop. If I had to choose id say right thonk though I'm not crazy about either of them. The cat one is a must have!